The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

Seriously, what a dude DC is. Every other thing you can think of doesn't make sense (too short a window, DC may lose his Lesnar payday, his hand), but he just saved this card.

Again, Lewis' reluctant march towards the title makes me really want Lewis to win.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Dana’s head pops if after 4:57 seconds of the fifth round Derrick Lewis wins by knockout.

Its shameless, really, but Lewis’ stock has never been higher amongst casual fans. He became the second story of this past weekend.

I reckon both guys are gonna share Dr. Pepper and Popeyes Chicken between rounds.

*edit* Eubanks/Shevchenko is off. Shevchenko is back to facing JJ.

Also, Derrick Lewis took 121 significant strikes to the head against Volkov and is back within a month. Sure.

Whilst I think it’s irresponsible matchmaking, there’s something very attractive about a Cormier/Lewis and Diaz/Poirer double header.

I’m in.

Good news about a Cormier/Lewis main event is that after 5 rounds there’s no way either of those boys is going to be able to scale the cage!

Cormier is going to rinse him. Honestly, if Lewis wins this then for me, it's the biggest upset since I've started watching by a considerable distance. He's coming in short notice, with limited cardio and even moreso wrestling against one of the very best in the game. There are levels to this sport, and unfortunately I don't think Lewis' is anywhere near the level of DC.

Archived