The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

DC probably thinks it's an easy fight and, yes, given he's retiring soon, another pay day doesn't suck. DC being DC, he probably sees it as doing the fans, Lewis and UFC a solid too by basically saving the show with a legit main event.

I hate the fight because I don't want to see either man lose.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If those guys were from lower weight divisions, I'd say it'd be a comparatively easier fight for DC, as, much as I like DL, he doesn't do anything better than DC does - but they're heavyweights, and, as Lewis demonstrated perfectly, that means there's enough power involved for all plans to go absolutely fucking south. Especially if DC isn't prepared.

• Paid Members

DC is only after claiming on Helwani's show last week that he can't even form a fist yet, never mind punch somebody with it. He said the hand isn't healing properly. He may take the fight anyway, but he could live to regret it if he really isn't healthy. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Id give Derrick Lewis close to a zero % chance of beating DC. The worst style of matchup for him.

Same. DC wins this with 1 hand anyway, just with straight grappling.

• Paid Members

Remember how wand was saying Volkov pretty much had Lewis beat in every department? Age, speed, fitness, etc.? I'm not saying the Black Beast will get that Hail Mary every time, but count him out at your peril.

• Paid Members

It was his balls that had two injuries, you goon. Sheeeit!

The big winner from the weekend was definitely Lewis. For the past couple of days I've talked to colleagues not only about his promo post-fight, but his previous several sound bites of greatness. Literally (Redknapp.gif) all howling at every Lewis quote I've mentioned from the past.

He's genuinely a credit to the sport and we should be all thankful that he exist, because he's all about that smiles on faces.

Archived