RAW 1000 Discussion thread.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched it again too. I reckon the ending was just about spot on, with Punk's facials and mannerisms dead right, after fighting with himself to do the right thing and not take advantage of any interference before thinking 'fuck it' I'm gonna smash him.

Just read Mark Madden's review of Raw on Wrestlezone, normally like his articles but Christ he's a miserable twat on that one, he pretty much hated everything on it

What were his specific criticisms/ideas for how to do it better? I'm curious but he's really awful, and the website is terrible, so I don't want to go to there.

• Paid Members
Speaking of beards I miss The Rocks goatee he looked great with it.

You serious? I hated the goatee. He looked like a younger, fitter Rafa Benitez. Goatee beards seldom look good on anyone these days.

• Paid Members
Just read Mark Madden's review of Raw on Wrestlezone, normally like his articles but Christ he's a miserable twat on that one, he pretty much hated everything on it

What were his specific criticisms/ideas for how to do it better? I'm curious but he's really awful, and the website is terrible, so I don't want to go to there.

It's an all round terrible collection of thoughts. It reads like when the mongs take over chat.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Then. Now. Forever. That

His review in thoughts as the show went on just reeks of him trying to be funny but coming off as the most unfunniest person ever. He seems like one of those guys who just keeps trying to rip something apart in the hope that he'll be accepted and even dare I say hope that he seems cool by doing it sadly for him the harsh reality is he sounds like the biggest twat in the world who is just jealous of anyone associated with the show. It's obvious most fans really enjoyed the show (and those who didn't, I have heard them give constructive criticism rather than a childish commentary), everyone on the show was famous or had at least been successful at one point to have been in the WWE and been asked back for this show and to me it seems as though he is jealous of that and he is trying his best to look cool by trying to rip the whole show apart.

• Paid Members

I can't get over what a good ending that was. It made me despise Rock all the more and I hope he pulls something before January. I can't think of one segment which was cringeworthy so thats the sign of a good episode. Great to see Miz winning the IC belt, ever since his haircut and claiming in an interview to not like Lord of the Rings he's won me over.

Fantastic to see some stars of old including a great segment with Heath Slater, Taker and Kane back together again, and AJ as GM is already a million times better than the anonymous one. Overall it was Punk's night though and he's earned it.

• Paid Members
They can't rely on X-Pac breathing on Trish Stratus every week to keep us entertained. 3 hours of Raw is unthinkable.

was gonna ask about this...

what was the point of it? was it meant to be a little in-joke that i didn't get? it looked like a little planned spot at the end of the comedy sketch, i didn't get it though it just came off as creepy.

X Pac looked off his fucking face.

anyone wanna fill me in?

Archived