RAW 1000 Discussion thread.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone else notice on the SCSA/McMahon video that they didn't blur the WWF scratch logo?

It was shown at least twice clearly (when the Zamboni crashes through it for example).

Don't know how they missed that.

They didn't miss it. They're allowed to use it now after an agreement with the WWF.

• Paid Members

Slater as come off this great hasn't he?

DX reunion couldn't be topped.

Lesnar/HHH looked like Titans. Nice to see Lesnar telling HHH to FUCK OFFFFF!

AJ getting the GM just reminds me how dogshit WWE is most of the time however she looked great last night (Yo No Peado.)

Where was Kelly Kelly? Not that bothered but was bothered with no glass breaking.

Slick was so much better than expected. Great showing from him.

Big Show needs to fuck off and start slumming it with Kane again. Giant cunt.

Oh and what was going on when the tombstones hit and we had a awkward minute or so...

• Paid Members

Still watching it as we speak so I'll chuck a few thoughts thus far:

DX opening was terrific. X-Pac totally looked fucked up, especially in that skit with Trish. The Outlaws should definitely get a run, it'll do wonders for the tag teams and help elevate them. Billy I bet can still go better then most, always underrated.

The Worlds Strongest Hand, as previously said, is one of the funniest reference segments they've had. Absolute gold. Doesn't Menry Jr look like Will from Inbetweeners?

Didn't watch the 6 man and skipped through most of the IC title. Don't care about Bret anymore. Dude Love dancing with Brodus was fine, and I disagree with those that say Foley deserves better. Had this happened 10 years ago I'd agree, but his star has faded so drastically and mostly due to him. Nobody cares about him at all anymore as he's milked the fans for every possible emotion.

I loved hearing Jive Soul Bro, probably my favourite wrestling theme of all time. Slick is fucking great, he shouldve had a longer run in WWE. I was re-watching the Akeem transformation the othere day (as I like to do now and then) and have never noticed before that Mean Gene calls Slick 'cousin'! Fucking superb. Anyway back on topic, the wedding was disappointing. AJ as GM doesn't sound good, I was hoping she would serve as his valet for years, akin to Elizabeth for Savage and Lita for Edge.

I really enjoyed Rock/Bryan/Punk though and thought Punk and Bryan got a decent rub from Rocky. But Ian is right, the crowd didn't react to the Rumble announcement, which was strange as they did react to pretty much everything else in that segment. Good that Rocky has shaved.

Triple H & Brock was brilliant. Heyman was excellent as usual and Stephanie reminded me just how good she is on the mic. Looking forward to their match. Brock looks in much better shape, well cut compared to before when he was in more his tubby fighter look.

So far, so good. Very good in fact.

I think all and all, this episode worked a treat. It got a whole number of their current talents over, and displayed the legends, as everyone wanted.

*Heath Slater is a star after all that's gone on. He can walk into a feud with Santino and become US Champion based upon the way he's been treated

*Daniel Bryan was the star of the night, however. He was all over this show - the marriage segment, the Rock segment, the Charlie Sheen references and the promo. The build for Summerslam should be gold as Bryan plays anger brilliantly, and him ranting about how ridiculous this all is and how he should be champion is ace.

*CM Punk's turn is a mixed bag for me however. Following the AJ-Punk-Bryan-Kane saga, I went straight off Punk, who has been a favourite for years. I'm glad they took this direction with him - if he lost the title after pussyfooting around over whether he should go for the pin or not, it would have killed him dead. But his gradual turn of leaving Cena to get beat down, before attacking Rock was ace and makes complete sense. The only problem is, Punk's going to cut worked-shoot promos to explain his turn, but that's going to make him the biggest babyface on the roster again. I'm not totally against a face Punk, they've just not gotten it right, so hopefully another stab at it might do the trick.

*Rock looks awesome paired up to Big Show. They look like 2 proper wrestlers. I'd buy that as a match, maybe Survivor Series or something past Mania.

*I'd keep The Outlaws around, even if it is just to job to the Primetime Players. Everyone still marks for Road Dogg's introduction.

*Stephanie McMahon looks incredible. Why is she not on TV every week? She's got an amazing look, is great on the microphone and is over. It makes complete sense.

*I loved the R-Truth/Roddy Piper bit more than anything. I don't know why but "you've hurt his feelings, he's took off running now" cracked me up more than anything. Cole cracking up ruining the hand joke, I'd have preferred silence. Make it feel a bit more awkward.

*Miz will be an awesome Intercontinental Champion. Pun intended. He looks tons better now and i believe him to be a threat now. However, he's going to need some building up to get him where he was before, but I reckon with this, and the movie - he should get there.

*Loved the tron, the graphics and the music. Except the bit when Tonight's the Night is repeated. That seems to be the main bit too. Shame.

*I cant believe after the AJ-Punk-Bryan fiasco, we've got AJ as GM, Punk vs. Rock and BRYAN DANIELSON VS. CHARLIE SHEEN. The world has gone mad.

That said i'm interested. I just wish they'd be like TNA in the sense of being more explicit with why you should watch next week. Impact has that nifty "next week, Tessmacher defends the Knockout Title, 2 more Bound for Glory Series matches, Gutcheck, Aries vs. Roode, etc. etc." thingys and I think if they made it more blatent as to why you should watch next week "why did Punk attack The Rock? what will AJ do first night of the job? Tag Titles on the line? Will Charlie Sheen accept Daniel Bryan's challenge?" etc. etc.

I really enjoyed it.

The opening segment was superb. I was never a huge Billy Gunn fan but the conversation between him & HBK over who get's to say "And if you're not down with that ..." was tremendous.

Missed opportunity by not having Stephanie be the one to burst in on Trish teaching HHH yoga, but a pissed-up X-Pac creeping Trish out is an acceptable compromise.

It seems opinion is divided on how Daniel Bryan was booked, some people think it was a bit of a burial and some think he was elevated. However you look at it, he was in 3 memorable segments back to back (wedding/Punk confrontation/Rock interruption) and was in the ring almost 30 minutes. I think that's a good thing.

Add me to the list of people saying how great Stephanie looked and performed. Excellent promo, nice kidney shots to Heyman too.

All I cared about when Lita came out was whether she could still do a moonsault. She did, it was a beauty.

I wasn't blown away by Punk's turn but I liked it and I think it will freshen him up for the rest of the year until the match with Rock at Royal Rumble. Nobody wanted to see him being compassionate and unselfish as he has with the AJ stuff over the last few months.

No matter how positive I want to sound, I still expect a whole lot of shit filling up 3 hours of Raw every week from now on.

If Punk beats Cena at Summerslam I could see him getting the new belt kinda like Edge did when he said he'd finally got rid of Cena and was getting a new belt to prove it.

But Im not sure if Punks a heel I think he might have just got his 'edge' back.

I wasn't blown away by Punk's turn but I liked it and I think it will freshen him up for the rest of the year until the match with Rock at Royal Rumble. Nobody wanted to see him being compassionate and unselfish as he has with the AJ stuff over the last few months.

I'd actually save Punk/Rock for Wrestlemania.

Have Punk lose the title in a multi-man TLC match to Bryan/Big Show, have Rock win the belt, and CM Punk win the Rumble setting up the Mania match.

The more likely route though, and one i'd put my house on happening is for The Rock to beat CM Punk at The Rumble, have Cena win the Rumble setting up Rock/Cena 2 at Mania. With Cena going over leaving a "rubber" match open for Mania 30.

• Paid Members

I can't be arsed reading this whole thread so if someone could point me to any posts whingeing about the alleged burial of Daniel Bryan then I'd appreciate a good laugh, ta.

• Paid Members

I'm surprised they didn't ensure the show was held in a hot arena. Some of the really excellent stuff just didn't come across as well because of the crowd being naff.

DX reunion was ace. Great line about the hairline and looked ad-libbed but probably wasn't. Nice to see 'Taker but sad that he can't even get his hood off these days! Cracking stuff from The Rock. Great main event and turn would have been shocking if twitter hadn't spoiled it for me. And thanks to the prick on here who spoilt X-Pac's return.

Didn't get into the Brock/HHH segment at all. It was like they had the great idea of Heyman goading Trips and Steph but then forgot to write the lines for it. "You have children" .... "DON'T EVER MENTION MY CHILDREN". Brawl was good once they got past the shit verbal exchange though. Brock still looked like motherfucker despite getting the worst of it. Steph looked fantastic. So did Lita too and she's not someone I've ever really fancied.

There were a few guys I'd liked to have seen. I'd have thrown in some legends Battle Royal to get guys like Godfather, Venis, Blackman, etc on the show.

The opening promo video was immense. There was a good hook for next week with the Punk turn. IC Title win came out of nowhere but Miz should do well with it.

From the great mind of the BarbarIAN...

The Rock's like one of those giant dolls WWF used to put out these days. You pull the string and he says the same shit all the time. This crowd weren't really into him, I thought. It was strange. When he came out it was like "there's Rock". It didn't feel like that big of a deal. He announced he was main eventing Royal Rumble. Nobody seemed arsed. He had a stare down with John Cena. Nobody seemed bothered. Just seemed like one appearance to may for him. Saying that, if he associates himself with the likes of CM Punk, The Miz and R-Truth, it brings him to their level. Not the other way. Poor Daniel Bryan got shit through the whole night, which is a shame.

Also, thought this gif deserved bumping:

untitled-9acx32.gif

Charles Robinson is great. His reaction to moves makes them seem much more impactful.

Archived