RAW 1000 Discussion thread.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The DX reunion was a thing of beauty, great to see all these guys back together as they were one of the main reasons I first became hooked as a fan. The fact that the group are remembered so fondly yet haven't been done to death over the past few years made this even more memorable.

The Miz is finally back. New look, new championship and a new movie to promote, The Miz is back where he belongs again and its been a long time coming. His US title reign in 2009/2010 was memorable and he made the belt an important feature of the show and I'm hoping he will achieve the same thing with the IC title around his waist.

It was great to see Punk giving something for the fans to talk about again. His attack of the Rock was perfect as it was his self righteous verbal crusade that bought him to the forefront of the WWE in 2011 and simply being the champion and proving himself the 'right way' wasn't bringing him the recognition he craves. Hopefully he doesn't cut a promo turning his back on the fans as it's completely illogical but if he simply shows the selfish tendencies of last summer that will do enough to create that divide among fans and lead to an interesting future for the WWE Champion.

• Paid Members
We don't have the rating yet, but Raw averaged 6.02 million viewers last night, which would be the biggest number in many years. The rating should be somewhere in the 4.0 to 4.2 level and the final two hours probably will fall in the 4.3 to 4.4 range and more than 6.3 million viewers. It is likely the biggest number since an episode with Donald Trump.

See. People don't want Punk and his ilk. They want the APA, Sid and Sean Mooney.

The Bobby Heenan-style "who?" after Cole mentioned Sean Mooneys name was also a nice touch.

• Paid Members

The APA reappearance reminded me all over again why I loved them. Their music was awesome and always got a great pop and they just looked great together. I wish JBL would come back.

• Paid Members

I really liked the foreshadowing of Punks actions this week, on last weeks Raw and all the nods to a year ago. It's really got me interested in the direction their going to take here because i can only really see positives at the moment. Big Shows promo instigated a lot of this, bringing Punks underlying emotions to the forefront and then the finish with Cena announcing his cash-in furthering that and the raising the belt and then raising the case higher, akin to last year with the two WWE titles. It's always great to see WWE showing consistency and planning stuff from one show to the next. This has been some great storytelling so far and the actions of Punk, Cena and Rock are all logical, i'm into it and looking forward to what it brings.

The APA reappearance reminded me all over again why I loved them. Their music was awesome and always got a great pop and they just looked great together. I wish JBL would come back.

Yeah, but his back is too fucked for a full schedule, and he makes a shitload of money from the finance world (really, he could probably retire comfortably off his WWE money, 9 years as a well-paid midcarder through the Attitude era, and approx 4 years as a main-eventer/upper tier star). He goes into detail on his Raw 1000 experience on his Facebook.

JBL's Facebook

• Paid Members
From the great mind of the BarbarIAN...

Poor Daniel Bryan got shit through the whole night, which is a shame.

Obviously forgetting this line that followed it:

But I suppose it sets up Charlie Sheen vs Bryan, which would do wonders for him.

Well done.

• Paid Members

Yeah, but his back is too fucked for a full schedule, and he makes a shitload of money from the finance world (really, he could probably retire comfortably off his WWE money, 9 years as a well-paid midcarder through the Attitude era, and approx 4 years as a main-eventer/upper tier star).

Why are you telling me all this? I'm quite aware of why he's not in WWE any more.

Yeah, but his back is too fucked for a full schedule, and he makes a shitload of money from the finance world (really, he could probably retire comfortably off his WWE money, 9 years as a well-paid midcarder through the Attitude era, and approx 4 years as a main-eventer/upper tier star).

Why are you telling me all this? I'm quite aware of why he's not in WWE any more.

Well, I'm not privy to what you do and don't know. The way it was written suggested to me that you thought a JBL return was in the realm of possibility.

Obviously forgetting this line that followed it:

But I suppose it sets up Charlie Sheen vs Bryan, which would do wonders for him.

Well done.

True enough, but it's still an odd assessment of Bryan's night on Raw. You may have not directly "whinged about Bryan's burial", but suggesting that grainy Skype footage of a washed up Hollywood star is more significant to Bryan's career than live interaction with one of the greatest in pro wrestling AND a current major Hollywood star seems ludicrous to me. It's like saying, "Hey, Umaga is going to be a huge star because of this!" after he beat up Johnny Knoxville and Steve-O from Jackass.

Comparing Bryan to the Miz and R-Truth tandem is off too. Bryan has had about 8 months of being in main event programs for WWE, where he was presented as equal to the WWE champion, and has gained great responses. The Miz was competitive with Jerry Lawler while holding the WWE title, subsequently presented as an afterthought, pasted by Alex Riley, and then not taken seriously until about a 3 week run as Awesome Truth. Different pushes, different talents. The Rock barely acknowledged the two in the Survivor Series build-up, yet he's exchanging barbs with Punk and Bryan. It's really apples and oranges here.

• Paid Members
True enough, but it's still an odd assessment of Bryan's night on Raw. You may have not directly "whinged about Bryan's burial", but suggesting that grainy Skype footage of a washed up Hollywood star is more significant to Bryan's career than live interaction with one of the greatest in pro wrestling AND a current major Hollywood star seems ludicrous to me.

OK, the Rock gave him shit, CM Punk had a go, his wife walked out on him and then one of the biggest stars in television challenged him to a match, and you think thats bad? Charlie Sheen is a massive star, you dope. He isn't Steve O. Bryan vs Charlie Sheen will give him publicity in real media. Interaction with the Rock isn't anything special, considering plenty of wrestlers have that luxury. Not many interact with Charlie Sheen.

It's like saying, "Hey, Umaga is going to be a huge star because of this!" after he beat up Johnny Knoxville and Steve-O from Jackass.

Its absolutely nothing like that at all, but if shit analogies hide your shit opinions, get firing away.

It's really apples and oranges here.

No it isn't. Its picking you favourites and sticking up for them. At least the Miz main evented WrestleMania and beat Randy Orton. Miz is a far bigger star than Bryan is. That isn't even an argument.

• Paid Members

Well, I'm not privy to what you do and don't know. The way it was written suggested to me that you thought a JBL return was in the realm of possibility.

No it wasn't. I know it's not going to happen. I just said I want him back.

Archived