RAW 1000 Discussion thread.

IANdrewDiceClay

Yeah, ignoring his new hit show that is doing massive viewership currently, then.

Btw, just a quick correction about that. Yes, Sheen's new show started to great viewership but that was week one. Four weeks in and now the show's down to about 2.5 million viewers, which is still good for the network it's on but it's not "massive" by any means. Clearly, people were interested in seeing Sheen's new show but once they saw it and realised how much it sucks (and boy, does it suck) a LOT of them never watched it again.

So, I guess, the morale of the story here is that people are still curious about what Charlie Sheen is doing but you have to be really careful how you use him because if it's not good then a lot of people won't stick around simply because Sheen is involved.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Clearly, people were interested in seeing Sheen's new show but once they saw it and realised how much it sucks (and boy, does it suck) a LOT of them never watched it again.

There you go then. If people are interested in seeing him as a one-off, he's perfect for WWE. If his role is shite at SummerSlam (like Mickey Rourke's at WrestleMania), then you don't use him again, save in the knowledge you have the peoples money. Sheen and WWE are the perfect mix. Both are strange parts of the entertainment world and neither have any credibility.

Anger Management is less about ratings to a company like WWE. Its more about the show being a current hot topic (which it has been recently, especially with its decline in ratings). Sheen is still hot right now. I'm surprised they didn't get him last year, when he was at his height.

Yeah, Ryder's run was completely due to appearing with Hugh Jackman, it wasn't to do with his online support and increasing crowd reactions that followed.

Not really what Ian said though is it? He said that Hugh Jackman made Ryder look good, as in while that night on Raw.

Hugh Jackman made Zack Ryder look amazing

It was said in the context of celebrities boosting the profile of wrestlers, at least that's what I inferred, I'm admittedly finding my inferences are off tonight. Therefore, by making Ryder look "amazing", that contributed to his success. I think that Ryder was heading to that success with or without Jackman, and it was simply a fun little bit to give Ryder some exposure on Raw, but nothing significant overall.

Anyways, I think I'm out for now. It's been interesting having the discussion with you, Ian. If nothing else, I should know to be better prepared next time, you were well armed with factual information. I'll concede that Sheen could potentially be good for Bryan, but then again, it's all speculation as to what roles everyone will have in the coming weeks and months. My calls of Bryan potentially being part of the Rumble title match were just speculation, but no means gospel, and it appears my knowledge of Sheen's current media status were misinformed. I thought his show was going to debut and this was his first appearance since his downfall. I'll be sure to do my homework next time, it doesn't take much effort to Google before posting, really.

EDIT: pgi86, thank you, that was my point regarding the "morbid curiosity" for Sheen. We'll see if it holds, and I do hope it does.

• Paid Members

Just watched this today. Really enjoyed it, pretty much everything. Loved DX, enjoyed the Rock/Punk bit aswell. And the Brock/Heyman/Triple H/Stephanie bit was great stuff from all involved. Felt really important and big time.

I really wish Brock would grow the beard back though, look at it

gyi0062157160.jpg

That's the look for Brock in my opinion. He looks like he'd kill you, fuck the corpse and eat what's left. He looks like a big child without the beard. A massive and very scary child, but a child nontheless. To me anyway. Bring the Brock beard back.

• Paid Members

I've just watched it on Youtube and thought that Rock's selling of the clothesline and GTS was topnotch. He looked like CM Punk killed him. There is some good chemistry between Rock and Punk - I must have been worked thinking they weren't on good terms.

• Paid Members
I've just watched it on Youtube and thought that Rock's selling of the clothesline and GTS was topnotch. He looked like CM Punk killed him. There is some good chemistry between Rock and Punk - I must have been worked thinking they weren't on good terms.

I thought the clothesline selling was awful, he took a regular clothesline and sold it like a stunner. Completely killed it for me.

• Paid Members

I thought the clothesline selling was awful, he took a regular clothesline and sold it like a stunner. Completely killed it for me.

I saw the selling as if he was partially in shock as well as pain. He looked like he couldn't believe it had happened.

Archived