RAW 1000 Discussion thread.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
They can't rely on X-Pac breathing on Trish Stratus every week to keep us entertained. 3 hours of Raw is unthinkable.

was gonna ask about this...

what was the point of it? was it meant to be a little in-joke that i didn't get? it looked like a little planned spot at the end of the comedy sketch, i didn't get it though it just came off as creepy.

X Pac looked off his fucking face.

anyone wanna fill me in?

I read somewhere that it was a SUPER inside joke. And judging by how it last 3 seconds and was off screen super fast (usually meaning it was there to entertain someone other than the audience), it sounds plausible. The *INSIDE* joke was apparently, DX thought Trish and Triple H were fucking, so when DX took Triple H away from Trish, X-Pac was in like a shot. Like he was with Chyna. Thats the story being battered about. Whether its true or not, who knows. I can't find any other reason. It was creepy as fuck.

I hope its true.

• Paid Members
They can't rely on X-Pac breathing on Trish Stratus every week to keep us entertained. 3 hours of Raw is unthinkable.

was gonna ask about this...

what was the point of it? was it meant to be a little in-joke that i didn't get? it looked like a little planned spot at the end of the comedy sketch, i didn't get it though it just came off as creepy.

X Pac looked off his fucking face.

anyone wanna fill me in?

I read somewhere that it was a SUPER inside joke. And judging by how it last 3 seconds and was off screen super fast (usually meaning it was there to entertain someone other than the audience), it sounds plausible. The *INSIDE* joke was apparently, DX thought Trish and Triple H were fucking, so when DX took Triple H away from Trish, X-Pac was in like a shot. Like he was with Chyna. Thats the story being battered about. Whether its true or not, who knows. I can't find any other reason. It was creepy as fuck.

I hope its true.

For such a random segment it has got to be true. Both Lita and Trish being there showed the women's division still hasn't moved on all that much. You'd think by now they'd have it cracked.

• Paid Members

haha, that sounds about right to me :laugh: excellent.

Lita looked amazing until we got more of a close up on her face and then i realised she's still rough as shit. She's got a smoking body though.

The only thing that didn't seem to go anywhere on the show was Bryan talking to the men in white coats. Hopefully they'll not forget that and it will lead to something down the line.

Unless they literally turned things around at the last second and had Vince come out and announce AJ as GM.

Just read Mark Madden's review of Raw on Wrestlezone, normally like his articles but Christ he's a miserable twat on that one, he pretty much hated everything on it

...you normally like his articles? :omg:

Yeah, other than his love of Flair and hatred of DDP he doesn't really have THAT much of an agenda, he's not arsed about getting a job with TNA or WWE so he's normally alright, except for the Raw 1000 Review obviously

To make it worse, he was moaning to Lance Storm on Twitter that it was shite that the 1000th episode ended with a DQ finish, as if that's the thing anyone was talking about afterwards

The only thing that didn't seem to go anywhere on the show was Bryan talking to the men in white coats. Hopefully they'll not forget that and it will lead to something down the line.

Unless they literally turned things around at the last second and had Vince come out and announce AJ as GM.

The men in the white coats looked like chefs, so it may have been a chat to the caterers to ensure his vegan feast will be spot on. Unfortunately no one got to taste the falafel.

Finally got around to watching this, enjoyed it for what it was, good to see some old faces, and not all of the usual bunch either. Sean Mooney was awesome!

A few questions regarding Punk though.

-How is that a heel turn?

- In a match with Cena who is cashing in the MITB and then Cena gets sparked by Big Show, What else could he do other than wake the ref and pin him? If Cena had pinned him etc, he would have lost the title, hardly actions of a heel to pin someone he is in a match with, what should he have done, woke him up and battered him to pin again?

- There is no love lost between the two of them so why would/should he help when Show came back for another go?

- The Rock has been making waves about being or challenging for the championship, so why not use the opportunity to take him down a peg or two?

-It is a bit of a sloppy turn, if they are going to go with it and the 'conflict' from punk further muddies things,plus there were still chants of 'CM PUNK' afterwards. Seeing that Cena was getting heel reactions through the bout, Rock is uber face and Big Show is heel, it's a bit of a car wreck isnt it?

• Moderators
A few questions regarding Punk though.

-How is that a heel turn?

Pretty obvious I felt.

- In a match with Cena who is cashing in the MITB and then Cena gets sparked by Big Show, What else could he do other than wake the ref and pin him? If Cena had pinned him etc, he would have lost the title, hardly actions of a heel to pin someone he is in a match with, what should he have done, woke him up and battered him to pin again?

Because faces "don't do it that way". They just don't. Never have if a heel runs down and clobbers another and they know it. That's just wrestling at it's most basic.

- There is no love lost between the two of them so why would/should he help when Show came back for another go?

Because they respect each other, and have helped each other out in the past. It's not last August when they despised each other.

- The Rock has been making waves about being or challenging for the championship, so why not use the opportunity to take him down a peg or two?

Because at the time The Rock was helping a man unfairly attacked

-It is a bit of a sloppy turn, if they are going to go with it and the 'conflict' from punk further muddies things,plus there were still chants of 'CM PUNK' afterwards. Seeing that Cena was getting heel reactions through the bout, Rock is uber face and Big Show is heel, it's a bit of a car wreck isnt it?

No.

There'll be no conflict on Punk's part, he'll just be a heel. It also makes sense continuity wise, with Punk always preaching about doing things "the right way" but never actually doing it. Every part of it makes perfect sense.

So, no.

Archived