RAW 1000 Discussion thread.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

They are all resident slags to be fair. Daffney, Beth Phoenix, Mickie James, Lita and Traci Brooks have had more wrestlers than Ronnie P Gossett. Wrestlers can only shag women in the business these days anyway. MVP told the story before. Nobody is hanging outside hotels for wrestlers these days. I bet the Rock, Austin and DX got all sorts back in the day. Who the fuck wants to shag a wrestler? They'll either strangle you, piss in your mouth or steal your money. You have to be John Cena or Brutus Beefcake to get pussy in 2012.

X-Pac is another wrestler who's fucked about. He's been with Chyna, Nidia, Ryan Shamrock and a few others I can't remember. He shagged Jenna Jameson in her prime as well. Raven's been Francine, Kimona and Sunny as well. It seems like bearded blokes with bags under their eyes attract women in wrestling.

Its this bloke I feel sorry for:

06.jpg

There he is holding up the amount of fingers that were probably inside his lass in the WWF at the time, by various wrestlers.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good episode which was mostly good but still had a few shit moments.

I recon we will have AJ as GM for a few months and then Flair will take over. Or they will team Flair with Ziggler as his manager.

Glad Punk has turned heel as his face run was pretty bland.

The Rock was brilliant. Segment with Bryan was the money.

I'm really looking forward to Triple H Vs Lesnar. And I'm rooting for Triple H there.

• Moderators
fast forwarding a lot of it incase anybody came into the room and caught me watching it.

Isn't that the case with all wrestling really? At least if they catch you watching silly stuff you can claim it's because "it's so shit" and that you're laughing at it.

It was like an overly poncey pantomime.

All wrestling is that. Always has been, always will be. Whether it was the Hogan, Hart, Michaels, Austin, Rock, or Cena era.Even the seedy kind that's got thirty people watching Davey Richards do STIFF KICKS in a sports hall is overly poncey pantomime.

Isn't that the case with all wrestling really? At least if they catch you watching silly stuff you can claim it's because "it's so shit" and that you're laughing at it.

Well, yesterday for instance, I watched my first episode of NXT since the days when it first started. My old fellah (who has zero time or patience for wrestling) walked in half way through the Slater / Gabriel main event. He sat quietly and watched it, and actually remarked

• Paid Members
I found myself shaking my head in embarrassment and fast forwarding a lot of it incase anybody came into the room and caught me watching it.

Nothing wrong with having that opinion. I'd be the same if I were watching two blokes trying to shove a cheese grater up each others arses in front of a handful of people in a car park. However, some people like that.

I think that with this show, where you are wheeling several old names out, you have to veer towards comedy. Undertaker couldn't take his hood off without botching it, he's in no fit state to wrestle for 20 minutes so they went the comedy squash route. DX are great on the mic but not capable of wrestling because HBK is retired, X-Pac looks like he's eaten nothing but burgers for months and Triple H needed to be ready for the Lesnar segment later on. The best way to utilise them was in a comedy skit. The Heath Slater storyline was pure comedy throughout and came to a fine comedic conclusion and look at the state Foley is in; it's great that he was only on screen for a few minutes. As for the wedding - I think it made Bryan the star of the show. He was great. Yes it was more comedy, but it led to serious WWE title and GM storylines and the story of Bryan himself will continue in the next few weeks i'm sure.

There was plenty of non comedy and pantomime segments in the show and when it was all over all eyes were on CM Punk, the WWE champion as he left WWEs two biggest stars and Big Show laying flat out. I urge you to stick with it. WWE has it's priorities in order and the show ends up all business.

There was plenty of non comedy and pantomime segments in the show and when it was all over all eyes were on CM Punk, the WWE champion as he left WWEs two biggest stars and Big Show laying flat out. I urge you to stick with it. WWE has it's priorities in order and the show ends up all business.

I do plan to continue watching the PPVs, as the recent ones I

• Paid Members

I do plan to continue watching the PPVs, as the recent ones I

I was actually pleasantly surprised at how little "childish" humour there was on the show.

I was fully expected large doses of Hornswoggle and Santino, and to feel embarrassed to be watching on a bunch of occasions, but I think they actually did a reasonable job of not dumbing down too much.

The DX skit was brilliant, and it seemed like they were all genuinely having fun and that was so clear when watching. Wrestling "comedy" is usually only actually funny when you can tell those involved are fully on board. Edge and Christian did it, Nash and Shelley did it - it's that natural chemistry/fun that you don't get much. Great segment.

I watched with a mate and he pointed out that the bit with Piper and Truth playing with Little Jimmy would have been a million times better if Piper had been wearing the "They Live" shades. Missed opportunity

My only complaint would be that the wedding was a let-down. I expected a much bigger deal to be made (with at least a wedding party with some special guests and all that), but it was pretty boring except for Slick. The big "AJ as GM" reveal was lame I thought. Seemed like a swerve for the sake of a swerve. I like AJ and think she is very good, but her as GM makes no sense. I understand wrestling and logic don't always work together, but over the last 18 months there has been loads of focus on who should run RAW/WWE, with Triple H, Big Johnny and Vince all moving in and out of power, depending on how well they did the job. It was shown that running RAW was a bloody hard job that corrupts people, and this was all in major WWE storylines. So the board decide to give the job to the mental girl who (a few weeks before) put both the WWE Champ and the Number One contender trough a table just for a laugh?? Silly.

A really fun show though, overall.

Archived