RAW 1000 Discussion thread.

IANdrewDiceClay

I still could see this heading to a rematch at Mania of Rock Cena for the belt with Cena getting his win back and the title and Rock saying goodbye to WWE for good. Cena lay down for him in his hometown. A three year deal with a three year storyline.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Oh, fucking hell. Most of that was OK, but I'm incredibly irrationally pissed off that Taker and Kane went on a rampage together. It's so FUCKING ILLOGICAL!! Last time they were on screen together they were trying to bury each other over the World title for Christ's sake!

Here is what I wrote about the neverending bollocks back in the winter :

1997 : Kane debuts as Undertaker's "evil brother" / mortal enemy.

Autumn '98 : Undertaker & Kane mates.

Umm, later Autumn '98 : Undertaker & Kane fall out, ostensibly over the belt, but also over Paul Bearer.

May 2000 : Undertaker returns and the two are OK because of mutual enemies.

Summer 2000 : Kane turns on Undertaker.

Spring 2001 : Undertaker and Kane renunite, I forget why. Presumably because both are faces, so it's convenient.

Survivors 2003 : Kane turns on Undertaker, leading to their match at Mania XX.

Late 2004 : Air Raid hears rumours of Taker/Kane v Snitsky/Heidenreich at 'Mania XXI and considers suicide.

Late '06 : Undertaker & Kane mates again, feud with Kennedy & MVP.

BOTH DO LOTS OF OTHERSTUFF in the middle. Kane turns about five times to diminishing returns.

Summer '10 : Tedious "who attacked Undertaker" storyline. It was Kane. No-one shocked. Why would we be? Kane turns on Undertaker all the time.

This ENRAGES me!! Why on Earth does Undertaker constantly forget that Kane has turned on him and generally can't be trusted just because he HAPPENS to be a babyface at the time?? You'd do well to expect someone to help you out after they turned on you once, never mind three bloody times. More to the point, why does this make me so angry????

• Paid Members

Austin's in his late 40s now. Its now or never for him. And judging by the fact he's just had another knee surgury and his assistance on never wanting to end up like Hogan, Flair and Savage did (broken down and completely knackered), I can't see him ever coming back. I thought they might have done it next year, but apparently he's against coming back at all now. I think that Austin dream is finally finished. Shame. Especially now it looks like its Lesnar vs Undertaker and Cena vs Rock at Mania.

A rock cena rematch would explain why the belt wasn't involved in the once in a lifetime match so Rock could go over to buildup to next years Mania and they seemed, especially Cena that they were holding a bit back in the buildup. If true they better go balls to the wall this time.

• Paid Members

Anyone see Brock running through DX on the lead up to SummerSlam? Get to Trips by beating up his buddies.

Maybe X-Pac first, then maybe both Billy and Road Dogg and then finally beating Shawn up in a segment to put over his dominance and his attempts to get into H's head?

Also I'm so disappointed the DX segment didn't go the way I expected it to last night. Around 11pm I had the idea of Heath Slater telling all of the WWE Universe that after what happened in the past few weeks he was sick and tired and was still the best and if anyone had a problem he had two words for them. Then have DX come out, hit their finishers and then do a reunion.

Admittedly, Sandow was brilliant in it and the Heath segment itself was alright.

Good show overall, just wondering how much they'll struggle with 3 hours. Could be a good way to try and get some more people over.

• Paid Members
Stone Cold was a massive emission, and I have no idea why he wasn't there.

1. The production and discharge of something.

Not sure that's what you meant, you miserable cunt.

I thought it was a brilliant Raw. I wasn't expecting the rest of D-X to show, so was pleased when they did. Marked like a little bitch for Lita, and then even more when the APA came out. Fucking love the APA.

The AJ as GM thing could be fun.

Tout needs to fuck off quickly.

Always going to be a massive Taker fan.

The hand was hilarity.

I didn't enjoy the Punk/Cena match, but the ending was good. Punk looked like a megastar as he walked away.

Edit: Miz winning the IC title was awesome, and the Rock wasn't brilliant, although Bryan came out looking good. "Oompa Lumpa..." "IT DOESN'T EVEN RHYME!" Great.

• Paid Members
The Rock, if he associates himself with the likes of CM Punk, The Miz and R-Truth, it brings him to their level. Not the other way. Poor Daniel Bryan got shit through the whole night, which is a shame.

Absolute nonsense.

I loved it, just about all of it. Left with the reassured feeling of 'i fucking love wrestling' again. I was so pleased that the approach was taken of using the using the old guys who can't do much for nostalgia sakes and giving guys they want to do stuff with some time on screen with some big names. Your assessment here of Rock interacting with Punk and Bryan is so very wrong, as Shane 'OV.2 mentioned earlier, Rock acknowledging you how he acknowledged them two last night is massive. That little time they spent with him presented them in such a different light. Not to mention the WWE title. I was hoping going in to this Raw that Rocks focus wouldn't entirely be on Cena but used to give someone else a bit of a rub. That one of those people was Daniel Bryan pleased me greatly because fuck he is tremendous and he was absolutely outstanding last night. He gets it and he's transitioned into a WWE performer marvelously. Fair play to the guy, last night felt like a big night for him, i couldn't disagree more with your assessment of his night either, getting to share time with Vince, Rock and a big celebrity for an angle are a pretty significant and he performed awesome throughout. I'd say his stock just jumped up a notch rather than the opposite.

Not sure about the GM thing but i suppose it's a bit different. Fair play to AJ, she's come out of nowhere, performed well, obviously gained favour and got herself moderately over and they insist on using her in something significant. For someone who looks like her, in WWE, that's no mean feat. It will probably only be fleeting and she probably is, has been and will be over-used but she's done her bit and what's asked of her well. I've enjoyed something different and significant being done with some of the female talent with her and Eve this year.

I also couldn't agree more with everyone wanting a fucking legends battle royal again. Battle Royals are shit, especially when they are filled with guys who can't do a whole lot. The only thing that's good for is the nostalgia and you get that with what they did anyway and legend battle royals have been done on these shows loads of times before, i applaud WWE for not doing the same old shit there. Heaths segment i thought was a pretty perfect way to round off the story. Lita was a great choice and the APA bit made it even better. Lita looked well and seemed to be thoroughly enjoying herself. It's quite nice to see when people get out of the game still enjoying life and can pop back in for a bit of fun sometimes. Oh...the idea of Stone Cold being a part of this as his involvement in such a show? Jesus Christ.

I used to fucking adore Mick Foley but sweet baby moses, what an embarrassment he is these days.

Quite liked Miz taking the IC belt, his new look is such a massive improvement. Really liked Brets introduction of Miz, nice little nod to their pasts and really liked Miz' reaction to winning. There was probably some genuine emotion in that, to be fair.

The Trips-Heyman-Steph-Lesnar bit was outstanding. Brilliantly played by all involved there, particularly Heyman and Steph. The bit where Heyman first mentioned Trips kids and he smacked the mic out of his hand and told him not to mention his kids again felt real as fuck. Heyman was actually pretty fucking phenomenal here. He's got a brilliant voice for wrestling and making announcements seem big. That acceptance of the challenge will go great over a video package. Lesnar was looking fucking beastly, Steph looked tremendous (DeFranco has done some fine work there). Great angle all round, i'd be amazed if their match doesn't deliver.

Only real down-point for me was the use of Undertaker, i think that a big misfire there. Was he struggling with his coat as well as the hood, the camera seemed to be off of him awkwardly for ages.

Loved the show closing angle. Logical steps there. This could be the chance to redeem what was lost with CM Punk last year...and i love all the little nods there has been to last years angle with this angle since last week, of which there has been plenty and i think there will likely be more of that to come. Rock was always in the background of the Cena-Punk feud last year because the WrestleMania match was already set in stone, this never really gave the chance for CM Punk to move up that extra step in some peoples and Punks own minds and i can see this being some of the basis and fuel for this fire. Punk never really held back on his feelings regarding that. Punk hasn't been what WWE hoped as a lead babyface and he's very effective as a heel and there's a load of logic behind him turning and turning here after Rocks announcement. Loved it. There's the possibility of some tremendous promos here, laced with real emotions which always makes it all the better and with someone like Punk the results could be very interesting. Especially if it ever leads to promos between he and Rock. This could yet be the making of CM Punk after all, maybe. Hope he sorts his look out a bit if it is.

• Paid Members
The Rock, if he associates himself with the likes of CM Punk, The Miz and R-Truth, it brings him to their level. Not the other way. Poor Daniel Bryan got shit through the whole night, which is a shame.

Absolute nonsense.

Care to explain how? Did R-Truth or The Miz look on his level? No. All I know is that the Rock's first match back bombed when he was wrestling nobodies like those two clowns. When he was in the ring with a big star, he did huge business. Wrestling history has proved time and time again, you don't put your special attractions in the ring with nobodies who can't win a match.

• Paid Members

Absolute nonsense.

Care to explain how? Did R-Truth or The Miz look on his level? No. All I know is that the Rock's first match back bombed when he was wrestling nobodies like those two clowns. When he was in the ring with a big star, he did huge business. Wrestling history has proved time and time again, you don't put your special attractions in the ring with nobodies who can't win a match.

The Survivors build was almost non-existent and what there was, was illogical. Miz and Truth were thrown in there. People were expected to buy the show off the back of Rock being there in his pants. Miz and Truth were never, ever once presented on his or Cenas level and presentation is EVERYTHING in wrestling. They were not brought up to his level no, but never, ever was he brought down to theirs as you said.

I think that having Rock only wrestle the top stars is a short term solution. They'll make money, but if they're not pushing someone hard and then having Rock face them and lose, they're missing out on a big opportunity.

Part of the problem I feel is that Rock looks massive compared to Punk and Bryan. They'd need a bit of a flukey win or else Rock would look worse, and you want the newer guy to go over clean.

Oh...the idea of Stone Cold being a part of this as his involvement in such a show? Jesus Christ.

Yeah, I agree with you on that.

• Paid Members

He was close enough to their level for it to affect his ability to draw in his first match back. The draw for his first match back should be the fact he's wrestling for the first time in 7 years. But he didn't. A lot of that had to do with the fact that he was wrestling against two nobodies. Austin never worked with Jarrett, Hogan never worked with Bret. Its the cycle of professional wrestling. You should showcase your stars in the best possible light.

Anyway, The Rock looked like just another bloke last night. The novelty seems to have worn off with him. When he came out, it was like he'd never been away.

• Paid Members
I think that having Rock only wrestle the top stars is a short term solution. They'll make money, but if they're not pushing someone hard and then having Rock face them and lose, they're missing out on a big opportunity.

Part of the problem I feel is that Rock looks massive compared to Punk and Bryan. They'd need a bit of a flukey win or else Rock would look worse, and you want the newer guy to go over clean.

Unless he's a filthy, cheating, heel, nasty, baddy.

Unless he's a filthy, cheating, heel, nasty, baddy.

Yeah, I'm talking bollocks. Didn't even consider a heel facing him despite the whole Punk/Rock thing. I blame it on lack of sleep.

Archived