WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Yup, and that makes absolutely no sense. Manchester United has no relevance to pro-wrestling. Brock Lesnar, being a WWE superstar who made the transition to UFC and then back again, can legitimately be called the biggest draw in pro-wrestling or mixed martial arts over the past four years.

What? How does that work? What if we substitute football for the NFL? Brock tried out for the Minnesota Vikings. So would you be happy for him to be called the biggest draw in pro-wrestling or American Football?

It's a duff argument because in the 4 year period he hadn't been an active wrestler. For it to make sense he would have to have been. Lets try extending it to to five years, when he was still an active wrestler for New Japan, and then we'll talk. Or extend it back to Wrestlemania XX.

In all honesty though, they're 2 very different products, which probably shouldn't be compared.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this. We saw a double German suplex on a WWE PPV. I can't remember the last time I saw that.

In any other match, I'd have been surprised. The way Lesnar was murderizing Cena out there, he could have left a copy of the Bible at his feet and choked him to death in the middle of the ring and I wouldnt have been particularly shocked.

• Paid Members

I think your reading to much into that. I don't think for a second in the middle of a match he's thinking "OH Benoit killed his family, best not do the taunt which every wrestling fan on the planet associates with The Undertaker".

Kurt Angle's done the double/triple German suplex combo every week since for years in TNA and WWE. Who even thinks of Benoit when they do the German suplex combination?

That's the problem, a lot of dickheads don't allow themselves to watch wrestling to be entertained.

Amen to that! i can't help but feel that people take this thing a little too seriously.

Sometimes when it comes to watching wrestling you have to be critical otherwise a lot of these wrestling companies would get away with blue murder.

• Paid Members
That's the problem, a lot of dickheads don't allow themselves to watch wrestling to be entertained.

Amen to that! i can't help but feel that people take this thing a little too seriously.

Sometimes when it comes to watching wrestling you have to be critical otherwise a lot of these wrestling companies would get away with blue blazer murder.

• Moderators

Sometimes when it comes to watching wrestling you have to be critical otherwise a lot of these wrestling companies would get away with blue murder.

Meaning?

Are you implying that people bitching on the internet controls the vast majority of WWE's output? I find it hard to believe that they don't "get away with blue murder" because a couple of people complain on the UKFF.

Seriously, what a silly thing to say.

If you don't get anything from it, go back to watching old tapes. You may as well rather than wasting your time complaining. UKFF complaining isn't going to change anything anyway. Even when there was a Ryder following, Vince put him on TV and made a joke of him. I'm finding him more entertaining as a complete joke than he was before saying that. '@ZackRyder Take that, Kane!'

There's room for discussion on many points, but some people seem to be exclusively in the negative camp.

Loving everyone going on about Lesnar's double German and almost-throat-slash as if he's channelling the spirit of Benoit, yet no one's mentioned the fact Bryan, a guy who uses the Crossface no less, won his match with a diving headbutt.

Loving everyone going on about Lesnar's double German and almost-throat-slash as if he's channelling the spirit of Benoit, yet no one's mentioned the fact Bryan, a guy who uses the Crossface no less, won his match with a diving headbutt.

No he didn't. Bryan won a fall when Sheamus passed out to the Yes Lock.

• Paid Members
Are you implying that people bitching on the internet controls the vast majority of WWE's output? I find it hard to believe that they don't "get away with blue murder" because a couple of people complain on the UKFF.

Seriously, what a silly thing to say.

What do you expect? It's Golden Eagle. He's a stupid cunt.

Archived