WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Hate using any of JR's melodramatic terms but Lesnar v Cena was as 'intense' a match as I've seen since Ric Flair and Terry Funk's I Quit match.

For a Chicago crowd to start cheering Cena purely because of the beating he was taking says a lot and both guys deserve a lot of credit for that and the psychology of the match.

As a one-off I don't mind Lesnar losing to a punch with a chain and the FU on the steps after looking like a killer for 99% of the match but we'll shortly have HHH wanting to go over him then probably the Undertaker at WrestleMania XXIX and he's also likely to have a favour to do for the Rock at some point dating back to SummerSlam 2002.

From Lesnar's perspective though, $5 million isn't a bad pay-off for 35 days of jobbing.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Started watching this last night and I was absolutely blown away by the Sheamus vs Danielson contest (which was as far as I got before going to bed). What a match though, seriously, Danielson has fit into the WWE style brilliantly. Sheamus

• Paid Members
Started watching this last night and I was absolutely blown away by the Sheamus vs Danielson contest (which was as far as I got before going to bed). What a match though, seriously, Danielson has fit into the WWE style brilliantly. Sheamus

• Moderators

What am I trying to prove exactly? I've already proven that I'm better than you at your chosen field. you know nothing about your chosen field, you look like a burn victim with impetigo along with much more. What else is there to prove?

Essentially, I'm King Shit. Who are you?

• Paid Members

Aye it's incredibly pedantic to be critical of someone for calling the man "Danielson". He wrestled under that name for years and years and I, along with many other fans I'm sure, instantly think "Brian Danielson" when I see his face and not "Daniel Bryan" as I was a fan of his for years before he even came to WWE and so it's hard to shake off the name that immediately comes to mind when I see his face. He's always Brian Danielson to me. That's not to say I have anything against the Daniel Bryan character cause I love it. As the person above said, regardless which name you call him everybody knows who is being referred and thus there is no problem.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell.

It's completely irrelevant what he used to be called. His name now is Daniel Bryan. Everyone knows he's called that. He's been called that for a couple of years now. He's been a world heavyweight champion under that name.

This is all beside the point, though, because what opcws and maxwell and Spirit are missing is that Freebird is always doing this. I don't know why he does it, I think it must be a chemical imbalance or something. He still calls The Miz "Mizanin". He's a deliberately contrary dipstick and that's the point here.

• Paid Members
He still calls The Miz "Mizanin". He's a deliberately contrary dipstick and that's the point here.

Christ, does he? Sorry, I must've luckily avoided a lot of him doing this. Ignore my above post, then, I hate that kind of thing as much as the next guy.

Archived