WWE Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Haha, this has kicked off. Like CVD stated, I'd wait for some numbers before calling Lesnar's loss one of the worst decisions in company history etc.

I myself would have preferred Lesnar to win, as I liked the idea of Lesnar as the unstoppable beast, because I'm into monsters in wrestling - Cena could have got his win back at Summer Slam and that.

It really doesn't matter though. Ryback still has his lariat.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is very, very clear. He is not saying that Brock Lesnar has been the biggest draw in pro-wrestling over the past four years. He is stating that out of pro-wrestling and mixed martial arts, Brock Lesnar has been the biggest draw of the last four years.

The same way that Cleetus is stating that out of pro-wrestling and football, Manchester United has been... Well, you know.

• Paid Members

Can't believe there's been this much reaction to the result of a pro wrestlimg match! Does it really matter? The match was awesome, Brock's still a superstar, if any fans fail to believe that after Sunday night their insane. Do you genuinely think Brock was made to look inferior cause he lost?.

• Paid Members
Do you genuinely think Brock was made to look inferior cause he lost?

That isn't the argument to be fair. The argument is that certain storylines now cant happen because he lost. For example the Streak vs the Unstoppable Monster is out the window. Brock's still far more valuable than everyone but one on their roster at the minute. I agree though, its not 1998. For me, Brock was only ever going to be a difference maker at WrestleMania anyway. Brock's next match will no doubt do the same business as if he'd won.

In an ideal world, I'd have had Brock beat Cena clean. Leave him bloodied, stretcher him out and have Cena go missing. Then have Triple H beat him clean with the Indian Death Lock. Imagine the UKFF's "SummerSlam Discussion Thread" if that happened?!

Brock could do the Jim Cornette Invasion special to hype up a WrestleMania match with Undertaker. "My contract ends that night... I might go into business for myself and turn the work into a shoot, brother!"

I'd hate that.

• Paid Members

The way I see things, the 'undefeated' angle was never the smart way to push Brock Lesnar anyway. Look at who they are presenting Lesnar as now- he's the former WWE Champion that went to UFC, won their title and now, after 8 years, he's back where it all began for him. They are fully acknowledging his MMA career as part of his character and rightly so- it's a fantastic story to go with. Brock was even wrestling in his MMA outfit (with added boots). However- this Brock Lesnar is not undefeated- Brock, the former WWE and UFC Champion, lost his last match in WWE and lost his last two fights in UFC, the last one being as recently as five months ago. Virtually everybody watching knows that.

What were they going to do- promote him as 'undefeated*'

*In WWE... this time round.

He's not going to be working enough dates to put together anything resembling a big winning streak and even if he was, having him run through your roster in a slow build to WrestleMania seems like a risky business plan to me. How many people here are 100% confident that he's still going to be around by Mania? I'm not. With his history of recent illness and his volatile temperment, there is always a chance that he'll fuck off early. What happens if you've jobbed out John Cena, Triple H, CM Punk and Sheamus, only for Lesnar to take his ball back to his log cabin before anyone can score a win off him? I think Lance Storm had a very decent point on that front- now that they have got that big win for Cena in the bag, whatever happens with Lesnar, they have the security of the footage of WWE's top man scoring a victory over the former UFC Heavyweight Champion.

For what it's worth- I loved the fuck out of the Extreme Rules match and the result was a massive shock, but a very pleasant one. I was one of those in the chatroom cheerleading for John Boy. You couldn't help but get sucked into it. He even won over fucking Chicago, that was an amazing, special moment.

Brock Lesnar is not hurt by having a loss on his record, he's got plenty of them already. What would have hurt Lesnar would have been if they had made him look weak, but they didn't do that at all. Lesnar gave Cena the most brutal kicking I've possibly ever witnessed in a WWE main event in all my years of following the promotion. It was an extended squash match, with a fluke win. Cena never looked like beating Lesnar- I was saying in Chat that if Cena came out of the match alive I'd consider it a victory.

You watched that match and thought 'fuck, if this is what he does to Cena, CM Punk's gonna have no chance!' You could interchange the name CM Punk for every name on the roster bar maybe Triple H and Undertaker and it would be true. Only 24 hours later and Lesnar has already ticked one of those two names off that short list, sidelining Triple H with a snapped arm.

You don't promote Lesnar as 'undefeated', you promote him as an unhinged lunatic capable of fucking anybody up if they look at him cross. You don't build suspense around whether his win/loss record reads W or L, you build the suspense up to a point where people will pay to witness Brock Lesnar finally getting his ass handed to him after he's bullied and dominated everybody.

I have had to skip the last couple of pages as things were getting very repetitive but I dont get why people care about WWE making money. I dont understand why people care about ratings. For me, it would only matter if there was danger of the company going bust and ceasing to exist. All I care about is if I am entertained or not. I dont want til August for special matches cos its too big to be on a B show. I pay

• Paid Members

That's the problem, a lot of dickheads don't allow themselves to watch wrestling to be entertained. There are undoubtedly loads of 'fans' out there that get more pleasure retrospectively booking wrestling shows on internet forums than they do from watching the shows in the first place.

Worse still are the ones that don't even watch the shows but still feel they're qualified to tell everybody how shit it was. This happens all the time with Raw/SmackDown spoilers... 'read the results and it sounds shit, so won't bother watching'. Fuck all point in watching wrestling like that.

• Paid Members
Time will tell if beating him so fast actually did hurt Lesnar, but I think the fact his beating on Cena was so savage and unrelenting that Cena was back to business as usual the next night on raw somewhat reduces the impact of such.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you about this, because I've read all your back-and-forths with Pitcos in this thread and have come to the conclusion that you're a massive idiot. However, I will point out that John Cena was not back to business as usual on Raw whatsoever- he came out to cut a promo whilst wearing a sling and was so vulnerable that he got his ass kicked by Johnny fucking Ace. What the fuck were you watching?

Seriously, anyone who thinks that Lesnar is damaged goods after Extreme Rules didn't watch the match. He damn near killed Cena. Cena got a lucky shot in with the chain, which enabled him to win. He was left bleeding, and with his arm in a sling. Cena didn't actually do his superman comeback in this one, he got his fucking arse kicked, but he won smart.

Also the 'big man wins lots of matches' must be the single most boring storyline you can do. I don't want that to happen to Lesnar. I want him to look like he's going to kill someone, and if he gets beaten, I want a creative way of doing it. Like smacking him in the head with a chain.

I also have no interest in him facing Triple H, unless it's a long term build ending at Wrestlemania. What's the point? Triple H isn't a regular wrestler any more. Brock should be used to put over the talent they have now. He should be making new headliners, not breaking the entire roster in half.

Archived