Shit catchphrases that didnt quite catch on.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Booker T is the world champion of shit catchphrases that don't take off. Summer 2000 was his worst time for them.

"SAVE THE DRAMA FO' YO' MAMA!"

"DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THE GAME!"

• Paid Members
I have won this thread, because I thought of one and came in here to post it, then forgot it by the time I started typing.

Remembered it! R-Truth's brief affair with:

"And that's the TRUTH, the WHOLE TRUTH, and NOTHIN' BUT THE... *holds mic up to crowd silence*"

Of course, it kinda caught on during the Awesome Truth stuff, when he didn't have to rely on the crowd reacting to it.

Batista's "You talking to me?" Line

Batista's "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND!!!" is one of the most memorable non-catchphrases ever, up there with "WHERE TO, STEPHANIE?" and "IT'S ME, AUSTIN. IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, AUSTIN!"

"IT WASN'T MY FAULT" was a good one as well, but that did become a pretty popular catchphrase.

• Paid Members
Batista's "You talking to me?" Line

Batista's "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND!!!" is one of the most memorable non-catchphrases ever, up there with "WHERE TO, STEPHANIE?" and "IT'S ME, AUSTIN. IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, AUSTIN!"

"IT WASN'T MY FAULT" was a good one as well, but that did become a pretty popular catchphrase.

I love these two. I'm sure the latter one happened more by accident than anything but it was perfect for Snitsky.

As for Batista, it was ideal for framing his transformation from slightly awkward babyface to unhinged heel.

Didn't Benoit say something like "I've got a lot of TOOTHLESS AGGRESSION!! that I'm going to take out on you tonight!!!!+!+!"

That one was dreadful.

I may be wrong (I often am), but did Benoit say that or was it just a t-shirt slogan? I cant remember it ever being said

Shelton Benjamin saying "Ain't no stoppin' me, NAAAAH".

Same with this one, was it a catchphrase or just the beginning of his song

This isn't wrestling, it's the UFC, but here's an amazing example of someone wildly overestimating how over their catchphrase is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ5JuWvgmjo

that was awkward as hell

Archived