Shit catchphrases that didnt quite catch on.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He says it when she bends over. Its Tazz's version of "let the dog, see the rabbit". He says it in such a way you imagine he's masturbating as he says it.

Oh, how I love TNA's passe 1999 style. Not exactly a catchphrase but Bob Holly's music intro of "how do you like me now" was pretty shit.

That pretty much has caught on. They have t-shirts and all kinds of shit with it on. Mickie and Velvet are even called the Hardcore Pigeons (which might be the best or worst name ever).

But thats the thing, it hasnt stuck. A catchphrase is somethign that you would use yourself. What does it mean anyway, i know why he says it but what does the pigeons mean

• Paid Members
That pretty much has caught on. They have t-shirts and all kinds of shit with it on. Mickie and Velvet are even called the Hardcore Pigeons (which might be the best or worst name ever).

But thats the thing, it hasnt stuck. A catchphrase is somethign that you would use yourself. What does it mean anyway, i know why he says it but what does the pigeons mean

I hear Taz saying it in my head, when the fit girl at work bends over in front of me.

Oh, and when Brock came out he used to say 'Well.......Here Comes The Pain' and I quite liked that one.

• Paid Members

When Chris Jericho first joined WWF and used to call himself "The Ayatollah Of ROCK 'N' ROLLA!" and expected people to chant along with him.

What the fuck is an ayatollah of rock and/or roller anyways?

When Chris Jericho first joined WWF and used to call himself "The Ayatollah Of ROCK 'N' ROLLA!" and expected people to chant along with him.

What the fuck is an ayatollah of rock and/or roller anyways?

He got it off Mad Max 2. It didn't mean anything then, either.

• Paid Members

Its something he says, which has gained enough recognition he uses it everytime the person arrives. And thus has spawed merchandise and people bringing signs to the arena. Like JR saying "slobberknocker". Its supposed to connect with the viewer, not do anything for the commentator personally. It isnt Tazz's catchphrase. Its a hotspot, that the viewer knows he is going to say.

And I've already explained what it means. Its also something that doesnt need to be overthought, because its a incredibly small part of the show. Its a fun little thing he says, during a bit of Carry on Camping-esque shenanigans featuring one of the women. If anyone expects this to be anything other than that, your asking far to much from the commentary team. You're saying its something Tazz is meant to use himself, but he's a commentator. His job isnt to get himself over. Him acting like he's just about to cum in his orange tracky bottoms is putting over how hot this Knockout is.

He says it when she bends over. Its Tazz's version of "let the dog, see the rabbit". He says it in such a way you imagine he's masturbating as he says it.

Oh, how I love TNA's passe 1999 style. Not exactly a catchphrase but Bob Holly's music intro of "how do you like me now" was pretty shit.

I loved it when he kept saying to Jonathan Coachman on Sunday Night Heat in 2000, then berating him for being fat.

Archived