Shit catchphrases that didnt quite catch on.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty much all of Jericho's catchphrases have failed "things will never ever be the same... again" was terrible. The only time he's ever been good on the mic was his first return this year.

Rubbish.

Jericho was a shit-hot face around 2000, behind Rock and Austin as most popular face. His phantom Title win over Trips on RAW showed that. He was one of the most charismatic guys during a red-hot WWF run.

His run against Michaels in 2008 was full of great promos, he developed a completely different character and got that super over too.

That's not even getting into his brilliant run as an asshole Cruiserweight heel in WCW.

• Paid Members
Completely agree, he's had a couple of misses catchphrase wise but Y2J is one of the best on the Mic of all time as far as I'm concerned, surprised anyone thinks otherwise.

Jericho is one of those men who when he's good he's second to so few but when he's bad he's shocking.

He's been on far more than off over the years I think, but he's had some spells.

The return promo he did in 2007, I believe it was was, was just terrible though. I hated that so much.

I never liked him going on about ass clowns myself.

• Paid Members

Jericho's thrown a lot of shit at the wall over the years when it comes to catchphrases. Some stuck, many didn't. None seem to have stood the test of time though. If somebody asked 'what is Chris Jericho's catchphrase?' now, what would you say?

I have always rated Jericho as one of the top talkers in the game, but he's never had a great catchphrase.

Jericho's thrown a lot of shit at the wall over the years when it comes to catchphrases. Some stuck, many didn't. None seem to have stood the test of time though. If somebody asked 'what is Chris Jericho's catchphrase?' now, what would you say?

I have always rated Jericho as one of the top talkers in the game, but he's never had a great catchphrase.

I think it's great that he hasn't kept on using the same stuff forever, what worked in 1999 won't work in 2009. I think his best is simple "RAW is JERICHO".

He always felt really forced. Back in the early 2000s, he didn't have the same scorpion flow that the others did, which was made worse by his terrible catchphrases. I kind of have up on WWE by the time he came back but what I saw was an improvement, mainly because he seemed to have stopped trying so desperately to be a motor mouth.

Fair enough, each to their own, but whether you personally liked Jericho's stuff or not, it DID catch on. He was super over in 2000-01, his most catchphrase-heavy time.

Totally. No-one is trying to say you can't not like the bloke, but it's a bit unfair to claim he was shit on the mic when there is plenty of evidence that points the other way.

I never liked Dusty Rhodes promos despite all the experts calling them classics. He just makes me laugh my arse off.

• Paid Members

Nobody is denying that he was over, that's a given. He was super-popular and is actually one of my all-time favourites, largely off the back of his work at that time. However, that 'Never.... eeeevver' catchphrase, while popular, was actually pretty gash. I did actually like 'Raw is Jericho' now that I remember it, because it really worked at the time (as a play on 'Raw is War').

Archived