Shit catchphrases that didnt quite catch on.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tazz really has had some stinkers. The worst one being 'they're beating him like he owes em money!' He used to say that during FBI's brief run on Smackdown. Everytime they did a beatdown he'd fucking use it. Then Cole would chip in with 'It's the numbers game!' Every fucking week, you could be sure those 2 lines would be used.

Not a catchphrase either, but it's funny the things you pick up on listening to commentary. Back when Legacy used to get involved in every Orton match, Cole would shout 'Rhodes! DiBiase! Legacy!' in the exact same tone of voice every week. Booker T is probably the worst for having a list of phrases he has to crowbar into every episode of Smackdown, but it did lead to that excellent moment where Josh and Cole ripped him. 'WITH THA GREYTEST OF EEEZ!'

Lest we forget, Y2J was the man who got "Filthy, dirty, disugusting, skanky brutal, bottom-feeding, trash-bag 'ho!" over. But he has some way to knock off the undisputed King of the Catchphrase, The Rock.

I think most people have had a cringeworthy period of catchphrases, usually when they're forced. The best ones are ones that are stumbled upon.

As for worst? King's incessant yelling of "PUPPIES!" has absolutely got to be up there.

I absolutely hated The Rock's short lived catchphrase "How's your lips?..'cause they're gonna get slapped off your face!"

Why would a man threateningly inquire about another man's lips?

Reminds me of "You sure got a pretty mouth, boy."

I quite liked retarded Perry Saturn and his mop,was a lot less boring then normal Perry Saturn was.

Poor old Kanyon's ''Who betta than Kanyon?'' was quite shit too now that I remember it.

• Paid Members

"Who Better Than Kanyon" was over. It was a cracking little catchphrase, I thought. When he got to the WWF, he had a custom shirt with it on and played if for some laughs.

Actually, remember when Kanyon held the US title and the WWF tag team title at the same time and was regularly onscreen with Steve Austin everyweek? Someone seemed to love Kanyon. The only thing about DDP's burial that was redeeming was that after years of the roles reversed, DDP was now Kanyon's lacky.

Kanyon also took the best Stone Cold stunner of all time. You just see it in the big "old Stone Cold returns" angle on Raw, but his bump was amazing.

Poor old Kanyon's ''Who betta than Kanyon?'' was quite shit too now that I remember it.

Really? Imo that was a really good one, and an ideal way to get a crowd into things, with the inevitable 'everybody' reply, followed by the tantrum. I'd say it did catch on.

It was a good way of getting a relative nobody in WWF-land over, and he had that goofy kind of charisma to make it quite funny. Likewise in WCW when he had the little spiel before it when he went on about 'keeping it real in the one-triple 9" etc.

Kanyon was a pretty fun character.

"Who Better Than Kanyon" was over. It was a cracking little catchphrase, I thought. When he got to the WWF, he had a custom shirt with it on and played if for some laughs.

Actually, remember when Kanyon held the US title and the WWF tag team title at the same time and was regularly onscreen with Steve Austin everyweek? Someone seemed to love Kanyon. The only thing about DDP's burial that was redeeming was that after years of the roles reversed, DDP was now Kanyon's lacky.

Kanyon also took the best Stone Cold stunner of all time. You just see it in the big "old Stone Cold returns" angle on Raw, but his bump was amazing.

If you're not fast, you're last :(

He also had one of the funniest skits with commissioner Regal.

You could always rely on Kanyon hitting out with a mental looking move. I remember going Mortis in Revenge on the N64 and using the Electric Chair Drop finisher for a few hours. Halcyon days.

Yep, that side of him was great too, and helped define him as somewhat unique, back in the days before all the indie monkeys started ripping the arse out things

Edge clearly liked that too.

• Paid Members

Is the general consensus that Kanyon was pretty good? I have to say that I can't remember seeing many of his matches, he came along when I stopped watching wrestling for a few years.

What are generally regarded as his best matches?

• Paid Members
Is the general consensus that Kanyon was pretty good? I have to say that I can't remember seeing many of his matches, he came along when I stopped watching wrestling for a few years.

What are generally regarded as his best matches?

I can't recall any good singles matches he had. He really came to my attention when he was in "The Jersey Triad" with DDP and Bigelow. My favourite match with him in is from GAB 1999, Page & Kanyon vs. Benoit & Saturn for the tag belts. I think that's the one anyway.

Kanyon had a reputation for coming up with cool moves at the time. They even gave him a nickname, the innovator of offense or something.

He wasn't brilliant but he was one of those guys who'd always been really low on WCW cards and he was much better than that. Solid mid-carder, always going to have a decent, if spotty, match with anyone and when he hit the WWF, he had a good little gimmick that separated him from the rest of the WCW crew. Typical of the WWF, they focused on his lisp and he never did a whole lot.

Archived