Shit catchphrases that didnt quite catch on.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Obligatory, "I'm the Miz... And I'm Awesome".

He's a heel so I'd say that fans bringing signs every week telling him he's awful or not awesome means it caught on pretty well.

That pigeons shit certainly hasn't. Someone making a T-Shirt of it don't make it count. "Boots 2 Asses".

That pretty much has caught on. They have t-shirts and all kinds of shit with it on. Mickie and Velvet are even called the Hardcore Pigeons (which might be the best or worst name ever).

But thats the thing, it hasnt stuck. A catchphrase is somethign that you would use yourself. What does it mean anyway, i know why he says it but what does the pigeons mean

I hear Taz saying it in my head, when the fit girl at work bends over in front of me.

Oh, and when Brock came out he used to say 'Well.......Here Comes The Pain' and I quite liked that one.

I've always liked Tazz's "here comes the pain" line as well plus it even had a game named after it, other then that though Tazz on commentary is unbearable for me.

• Paid Members
Obligatory, "I'm the Miz... And I'm Awesome".

He's a heel so I'd say that fans bringing signs every week telling him he's awful or not awesome means it caught on pretty well.

That pigeons shit certainly hasn't. Someone making a T-Shirt of it don't make it count. "Boots 2 Asses".

Granted. It was more along the lines of what I think of it.

When Chris Jericho first joined WWF and used to call himself "The Ayatollah Of ROCK 'N' ROLLA!" and expected people to chant along with him.

What the fuck is an ayatollah of rock and/or roller anyways?

As well as the mad max link, it's also simply a play on the old Ameican "Ayatollah Assahola" T-shirts from the 80s...

392167_show_default.pngGarageSale_59657_1310541540.jpg

Owen Hart's 'Enough is enough, and it's time for a change!' bit at the start of his music, when they were still attempting the thankless task of trying to get Owen over as an Attitude-era badass. His squeaky, corny voice was much more suited to the hokey Blue Blazer 'drink your milk!' lines than anything like the above.

• Paid Members
And I wanted to punch something everytime The Miz did his "Hooo-ra" early in his WWE run.

"I've got 3 words for you - Get It? Got It? Good."

These were the first two I thought of- absolutely rotten.

'That's not just the coolest, that's not just the best...'

Ah, yes. It was so bad, didn't they work it into a segment with Corino- who finished it off by saying 'The lamest catchphrase in wrestling today'?

The Rock, although he has had a shower of catchphrases that have caught on exceptionally, did have the odd red herring. Such as: "You can't stop...CAN'T STOP THE ROCK". Can't quite remember when he used this, around 2001 perhaps? It was shit though, and I can't remember anybody chanting along with it unlike his others.

The Rock, although he has had a shower of catchphrases that have caught on exceptionally, did have the odd red herring. Such as: "You can't stop...CAN'T STOP THE ROCK". Can't quite remember when he used this, around 2001 perhaps? It was shit though, and I can't remember anybody chanting along with it unlike his others.

I only really remember him using that once, but I always thought it was just a clever throwaway reference to that Apollo 440 song, as opposed to an attempt to coin a catchphrase.

"Go Jericho Go". I'm glad that didn't take off. It's awful and would have had the crowd tripping over themselves completely out of unison.

He said that when he was a heel though, surely the idea was for people NOT to chant it?

Oh and heres one for the list..

I'm not telling you something you don't already know...

Archived