Shit catchphrases that didnt quite catch on.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Watching IYH - It's Time from 1996 and completely forgot Ahmed Johnson had a catchphrase. He kept saying ...

Ahmed_Johnson_-_Anthony_Norris_12.jpg

"YOU'RE GOING DOWN!"

I only just remembered that one. Must say, it wasnt exactly "Cause Stone Cold Said So". I bet there's million old sayings that died on their arse.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Alex Riley, particularly since he's become a regular on NXT again, has been shoehorning "Say It To My Face" on to the end of his promos. You know, because it's the opening line of his entrance music. It's dreadful.

• Paid Members

Yeah Benoit had some awful catchphrases.

Speaking of Benoit and shitty catchphrases, when Tazz used to say "Wolverine's gonna fly" when Benoit would do the diving headbutt I'd cringe. Even worse, he'd sometimes say "Wolverine's got wings". I thought Hugh Jackman was gonna start advertising Tampons or something.

Tazz had some really crap phrases he'd throw out in them days announcing Smackdown. I liked him back then on the whole but stuff he'd say almost every match like "Rocketbuster" and "off the chain" started to grate a bit for me.

• Paid Members
Stone Cold calling Christian a "CLB". Never caught on, just never worked.

I always liked that one and have often called someone a creepy little bastard since, but yeah, it didn't work as a wrestling catchphrase.

"Creepy little bastard" was a good insult but they obviously didn't want to say that all the time so he'd just use "CLB" which sounds shit.

Didn't Benoit say something like "I've got a lot of TOOTHLESS AGGRESSION!! that I'm going to take out on you tonight!!!!+!+!"

That one was dreadful.

Wasn't this when they were trying to get "Ruthless aggression" to be the new company mantra, like "Attitude" or "New Generation". Never liked the whole thing.

Archived