Shit catchphrases that didnt quite catch on.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
I'll show you, you'll see!

Who was this again? It sounds familiar, it was also used at the beginning of their entrance theme too wasn't it? Sometimes I really hate it when they do that. Other times of course, it works a treat. Like The Rock & Booker T.

Going back to what Cucked said about Tazz, totally agree. In fact we could probably spend ages listing shit things he used to say during his WWE days at the same points throughout the show. Here comes the pain, he's feeling froggy, wolverine's got wings, dial it up Cole. Urgh. Just typing them makes me feel angry.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I loved that with Raven and that it became the basis of him actually just being a spoilt, sulky, angsty brat rather than a dark, twisted, tormented soul but someone who just liked to think he was. Which is a totally realistic character. It may have been a bit damaging to him really, but that was one of my favourite things WCW did because it gave me a laugh and was actually quite a logical step.

On topic, Test and something about his testicles wasn't great.

• Paid Members
"How do you like me now?" was good. A lad I knew used to use it as his catchphrase when he'd fight his brother. Around the same time, he was pretending he was adopted and secretly Canadian. It wasn't me.

Ike_2.png

?

Miz & Morrison's "Be Jealous" never really got over, did it?

• Paid Members
Can't for the life of me remember when it was but I remember Chris Benoit having a post match interview outside of the ring where he'd clearly been told to say "I'm for Real" as many times as possible.

Yeah. Shame, as it was born out of one of my favourite JR calls ever (and Im by no means a fan of JRs hyperactive barking) at the end of Backlash - "Benoit is NOT a one hit wonder! Benoit is for real! Benoit... is... The Man!"

The worst example of the overuse was the interview you mention, after he beat Kane at Bad Blood. Go yootoob it, I can't be bothered, it will make me cringe.

I always thought "What about me? What about Raven?" sounded a bit too whiny and was altogether a bit rubbish - and that's from someone who liked Raven in WWE.

I never minded that, but was shite was when he droned on about someone being a victim of "what has come to be known as The Raven Effect." Known by you and you alone, dipstick. Shite name for his DDT too, I have when they rename moves that already have names. I still cant get used to calling the FU the Attitude Adjustment!

Owen Hart is my favourite ever, but hated "I'm not a Nugget" off the Warzone game. No idea if he ever said it on TV though?

Nah, but Jason Sensation rather winningly did.

"I am not a nugget! I'm a black heart, damn it! A sole survivor! A winner! WHOOOO!"

Archived