NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

The title match intro with the spotlight on looked like the dogs Bollix, it wouldn't look out of place at a ppv.

*Bollocks

Did nobody else see that?

Irish slang spelling, I will not be governed by your "Queens English"

*Queen's English

You overlooked 'your', though.

Must try harder.

What's wrong with this use of 'your'?

• Paid Members

Originally I hated the idea of Joe staying in NXT, but let's be honest. Other than a couple of good tag matches with Fin as his partner, he's otherwise been a bit shit in NXT.

Maybe it's because I hadn't seen him gradually slow down in TNA, making it more noticeable now, but he's much slower than I remember and his promos haven't exactly rocked my world either.

I was exploding with excitement when he first came in, but so far he's proven himself to be the exact type of guy you'd want in developmental. He's very good, but his best years are clearly behind him.

Edited by Supremo

This week's NXT was the first time for as long as I can remember where one of the people involved in a secret backstage conversation actually acknowledge the presence of the cameraman.

As Eva Marie said hello to Nia Jax she glanced at the camera and asked if they could talk in private before heading through to the next room.

That made a refreshing change.

Considering many of us were concerned about the future of the women's division after 3 of their biggest stars left in the Summer, I'm impressed with the state of that division as it stands now.

Bayley is in an interesting feud with Alexa Bliss over the Title.

Nia Jax briefly showed an interest in that Title last night and is being built as an unstoppable monster.

Asuka is looking amazing also being built up as a serious threat.

There are new girls appearing seemingly every week in what are presumably tryouts.

Dana Brooke & Emma are established heels on the fringe of Title contention.

Eva Marie is racking up wins and keeps doing the universal sign language gesture of "I want the belt around my waist".

Impressive.

Eva Marie is racking up wins and keeps doing the universal sign language gesture of "I want the belt around my waist".

I'm no fan of Eva Marie, but somebody on Reddit the other day was having a pop at her because that belt around the waist gesture was just out of camera frame.  It was an absolutely hilarious example of clutching at straws.

That whole short skit was good - Bliss being scared away from champion Bayley by monster Nia Jax who's been seen conspiring with Eva Marie. No promos or dialogue, but a whole bunch of feuds and relationships set up in a minute.

Hype Bros were surprisingly tolerable. It helps when the crowd is into their shtick.