NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Why aren't we getting this on the main roster? Why are there 28 writers getting their shit in with Vince McMahon overruling them all and doing something mental on the spare of the moment? I dont see any argument why Raw was so abysmal on Monday and NXT was one of the best shows you'll see in 2014 or 2015. Standards have obviously falled to such levels that they allow the script for Raw to go out as it is.

The NXT show was fantastic. So many people come across as stars and the booking is so simple. They just allow the guys to get on with it and throw a few angles in there. The Attitude era seems to have convinced people that wrestling is way more complicated that is should be. Its obvious by looking at the Network's programming that WWE sees the Monday Night Wars as the glory days. I'm sure they now think wrestling should be overscripted shite.

It's Vince. You only have to listen to some of his answers with Austin to know he hasn't got a fucking clue with, for example, Cesaro. I'm just saying. I listened to Court Bauer's assessment last week and it's all on Vince, no other cunt.

Where can the Court Bauer interview be heard?

Story of the match was Vaudevillains getting the heat on Sin Cara, who made the hot tag to Kalisto. His flip-flop-fly stuff is awesome. Dragons did a double dive to the outside on the Vaudevillains, but Aidan English pushed Simon Gotch out of the way and took the full impact himself.

I thought the Vaudevillains were going over too. Not sure if it was just a coincidence or not but with the big title change coming in the main event, I thought they'd not done the switch to give Zayn's win more impact. I hope it was the idea as it's that simple type of booking logic that makes such a difference in the bigger picture.

Reigns must have forgotten about Daniel Bryan when he said he wants to be the first NXT wrestler to win the WWE title. He was there in the original glory days!

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Paid Members

It has to be Vince. The guy has lost all touch of what People want. As a result you have a cluster fuck of writers who have little or no wrestling background running ideas though a crazy old guy.

I would guess nxt is to small time for him to bother sticking his oar in. Also it seems a lot of the talent are being allowed to be themselves and put on matches that they want without to much interference from writers and trainers.

What ever it is I hope it carries over to the main roster.

• Paid Members

If it wasn't for Wrestlemania then this would be my show of the year. Absolutely phenomenal stuff.

Fin Balor is going to be a superstar. He had ten times the presence of everyone else in that tag match, his mannerisms are really cool and that body paint and entrance was absolutely awesome. I'm almost glad he didn't debut the paint when he originally came in because it made it all the more brilliant here. If he keeps that as a semi-regular thing, doing it on pay per views or in big matches, then I can see it not only getting over huge, but being a big money spinner for them too.

The best thing Itami did was tease the GTS. Poor guy. I want him to succeed, and he looked the business on his first night in when he wore that suit suit, but since then he's done nothing that particularly impresses me.

I've never seen Kevin Owens before. I like him. As somebody put it earlier, he has a whole different dimension to him than the usual fat blokes in NXT. You believe that he'd legitimately beat the fuck out of you. The blood, whilst accidental, added a bunch too.

And what else can be said about Sami Zayn? My god. He's arguably the best worker in that company. Again, I'd never seen El Generico before and remember a big deal being made about them taking the mask away from him, but in retrospect it's one of the best decisions they've ever made. He's unbelievably likeable, his facials, in-ring work and story-telling is on another level to almost anyone and the fact that he looks like someone you'd have a drink with only adds to it. Even the fucking music is perfect. I love him.

People have said that Daniel Bryan already being on the roster will make it more difficult for Sami, but fuck that. Sami even blows Bryan out of the water for me. He's one of the truly great characters of the last few years. I honestly can't fathom how in 2014 they've managed to develop such a pure babyface that fans genuinely don't want him to hit someone with a title belt. Post-Attitude Era that's a genuine accomplishment that everyone should be proud of. Even watching it myself I was completely sucked in and didn't want Sami to abandon his morals. Kudos to Neville as well. Probably my match of the year.

What is that shit they put on TV every Monday? You could never believe that these two products come from the same company.

Amazing show.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Steen is one of the best talkers in the whole company and is very likable and also is a very good brawler. The only thing stopping him is if Vince McMahon sees backstage and goes "who is this fat cunt?" and puts him in a feud with Adam Rose. He's been one of my favourites for a few years now, so I hope he makes it. He's got that Mick Foley thing about him, where he is so good as a talker and a brawler the bad look actually compliments the whole package.

As far as who is booking, the guy who writes Smackdown was booking it last I heard. Dusty Rhodes doesn't do anything with actually writing the NXT's TV show these days. He's a trainer who works with talent, not creative. Although Dusty does agent the matches (as is evident with some of the stuff you see on the NXT specials). Its Triple H overseeing a guy who writes it. That's what Raw should be. One or two writers and veterans overseeing it and adding to it. Like Patterson did back in the day.

I'm actually buying into the idea more and more that Vince McMahon has lost he plot altogether. That interview with Austin seemed to show a bloke who had no explination why he made the decisions he does.

The big thing I take away from NXT is the process - the writing seems simpler, the promos sound less forced, as if they're actually being allowed to cut their own promos.  If it's HHH's concept for the future of WWE, I'm a fan.

NXT has some advantages though - it's a super indy with a smark crowd who are chuffed to see their heroes in WWE.  A lot of these guys won't get these reactions in front of an apathetic Raw crowd in some midwest town.  Neville is a good example - hell of a wrestler but he'll not get the leeway from fans like he does at Full Sail.

Loved the Finn Balor gimmick though I'd keep the dredds as well for the match, get them sown in.  I also... I'll probably get crucified for this, but I think I have a soft spot for the Ascension.  They should move them up to Smackdown, let them work some bigger crowds, see what happens.

Why aren't we getting this on the main roster? Why are there 28 writers getting their shit in with Vince McMahon overruling them all and doing something mental on the spare of the moment? I dont see any argument why Raw was so abysmal on Monday and NXT was one of the best shows you'll see in 2014 or 2015. Standards have obviously falled to such levels that they allow the script for Raw to go out as it is.

The NXT show was fantastic. So many people come across as stars and the booking is so simple. They just allow the guys to get on with it and throw a few angles in there. The Attitude era seems to have convinced people that wrestling is way more complicated that is should be. Its obvious by looking at the Network's programming that WWE sees the Monday Night Wars as the glory days. I'm sure they now think wrestling should be overscripted shite.

It's Vince. You only have to listen to some of his answers with Austin to know he hasn't got a fucking clue with, for example, Cesaro. I'm just saying. I listened to Court Bauer's assessment last week and it's all on Vince, no other cunt.

Where can the Court Bauer interview be heard?

I think it was this weeks edition of Bauer and Pollock where he commented in particular on this. Cesaro no charisma? Oh fuck please. ROH doesn't count I guess in vince's case then

I think it was this weeks edition of Bauer and Pollock where he commented in particular on this. Cesaro no charisma? Oh fuck please. ROH doesn't count I guess in vince's case then

Nor should it. Cesaro could have been the most entertaining personality in the world in little leisure centre shows (though from what I've seen and heard, he wasn't), but it means nothing when he comes to the big leagues and spends three years being the most awkward, uncharismatic shitehawk since John Morrison.

Paul Heyman would have a field day booking Morrison, with his philosophy of "accentuating strengths, hiding weaknesses" (which every smart booker should have). Lucha Underground are making Morrison look like a million bucks by having him in pre-taped backstage segments where he looks like an action movie star- kicks ass with some athletic stuff, says a couple of one-liners, fin.

John Morrison will go down as one of WWE's biggest missed opportunities. He has a ton going for him, and could be a huge marketable star if WWE were willing to work around his limitations. Look how good he was on the Dirt Sheet (another taped show).