NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

So after watching NXT Takeover R Evolution like 40 times I decided I'm gonna keep up to date with NXT more often and decided to watch this weeks show, here are my thoughts.

The show started off with Adrian Neville, who gets a ''Thank You Neville'' chant, I presume once you lose NXT titles you're off to the main roster.  Neville put over the main event at Takeover with Sami Zayn(Which was awesome, I agree Full Sail) he then brings up Kevin Owens who comes down the ramp and cuts a better promo then Adrian Neville ever could, he says he will fight Neville. 

WWE knew coming in Kevin Owens would get a face reaction so having him turn on Sami Zayn on his first night was a good bit of business and the incoming feud for the strap should be amazing.

They showed a clip from the pre-show of Bayley getting beat down by Becky Lynch.  So Becky Lynch is Irish, I had no idea. plus Owens/Neville is made for tonight, YES~!

Bayley vs Becky Lynch was up next in a grudge match, I prefer characters over the wrestling when it comes to the females(Lana cuts a better promo on the WWE roster then most of the men and she doesn't even wrestle)  Anyways Lynch won with a submission and whipped her hair back and forth.

The Vaudevillans are amazing,  I was surprised they didn't win the tag titles at Takeover but it looks like they will get another opportunity in the future, Aiden English got his Kindle Fire out and showed Regal the ending of the match where Simon Gotch got pinned but he wasn't the legal man, Regal promised them a rematch (small bit of trivia, Aiden English is now engaged to Eddie's daughter Shaul Guerrero)

Bull Dempsey is shit he moved his arms about for a bit like Brock Lesnar circa 2002 and then hit jobber with a diving headbutt off the top rope.  This guy makes squash matches boring as fuck.

Baron Corbin came out straight after Ball's match as it was his turn to do a squash, where did the jobber he faced come from?  Corbin hit End of Days then him and Bull had another shit stare down.

Enzo Amore and Big Cass come out and cut a promo before there match with The Ascension.  How are they over?  They have merchandise, fans are into their catchphrases but they lose every week,  anyways Enzo tagged himself in and then got pinned in seconds.  The Ascension cut a promo on Balor and Itami, I'll assume this was their last appearance on NXT and are now off to feud with the Uso's.

Main Event time, Owens has his Robbie Fowler plaster on.  Owens beat up on Neville most of the match then Neville hit a release German Suplex.  Match then ended in a double count out and Owens finished the show by Powerbombing Neville against the ring.

This show is a breath of fresh air compared to the hours I fast forward through every week on Raw and Smackdown,  Triple H putting the NXT wrestlers over on Twitter all the time makes you think he's got a lot of time for these guys.  I could just see him making a Paul Heyman ECW esque speech before NXT Takeover.

Kane is the prime example of the company man. If they asked him to put over Balor or Owens or anyone else from NXT you know he would just say "whatever you need boss". Obviously he is well past his prime, but he can still have the occasional good match. A match between him and Balor would have a good David v Goliath dynamic to it. The guy has a job in WWE as long as he wants it

Ridiculous people to choose as examples as well. Both Kane and Big Show will do absolutely anything the company tells them to, as they have proved throughout their entire careers.

This is what always gets me. WWE wrestlers from top to bottom do what they are told, they may make aternative suggestions, certain guys like Cena, Undertaker, Orton may have more creative control than others but bottem line they are all company men who are paid the same regardless of 'win or loss', they don't care if they win or lose because they are in it for the money not to look good.

99.9 % of the roster would job to Neville or Zayn if they were told to, in fact 100% would

• Paid Members

It's a shame WWE blew their goo doing the Nexus thing a few years ago. With NXT slowing growing a bit of a cult following, it would have been cool seeing their top stars face off against Cena and the like. A proper brand v brand feud that would make both shows must watch.

Granted, it probably would still end up with Cena beating NXT and spending the next night calling Kevin Owens a fat lad.

• Paid Members

Before you all get more upset I didn't say they would refused ment I don't see wwe letting them go over these people. Case in point rowen was hot and could be really hot. Yet each week He's made to look like a total job guy and take a real beat down from show.

Kane is also kept strong, I just don't think they would allow the likes of Owens and zayn to get called up and start beating the top stars.

• Paid Members

Hey, it's NXT! It's the best!

Show starts with a re-cap of REvolution. If you haven't watched it you're a fool to yourself.

Adrian Neville comes down to the ring, and it's weird to see him without his title belt. He puts over Sami Zayn BIG and then goes on to talk about Kevin Owens's actions after Zayn's title win. Neville hopes that Owens is proud of himself or that he has someone out there proud of him.

This brings Owens out and Neville says his actions were shameful. "Shame on you, man!" he says. Owens says all he cares about is he's here and Zayn isn't. He says he has no beef with Neville but if Neville wants to fight, he'll fight him. Good lad.

Owens is brilliant. He's a fat lad who likes to fight. This is how Samoa Joe should have been booked by TNA. It's the easiest thing in the world. Find someone the crowd care about, have him kick his face off. Find someone the crowd hate, have him kick his face off.

Neville is terrible on the mic. I'd be interested to know what a foreigner makes of him, since the Geordie accent is a major art of why he sounds so bad. That and the wooden delivery.

Backstage, Becky Lynch talks to Devin Taylor. She says that she's gone with Sasha because Sasha has opened her eyes to how to make it in the business. She was much  better here than before. Also, her voice was a little less deep. Previous promos have seen ships warned of fog off the coast of many of the world's rockiest coasts.

Tyler Breeze sent in a video saying he's taking time off from NXT, modelling in Europe. I think that's a lie.

The announcers report that William regal has booked Neville versus Owens in our main event. Proper!

Hey, it's Bayley! She's fighting Becky Lynch because Becky is a big, nasty bully. She gives away a snap bracelet on the way to the ring. You can buy these at the merch stand. I'd love one.

They have a great match, it won't surprise you to hear. Bayley's on top for the first part, avoiding Becky's attempts to take out her bum knee. Such simple storytelling. Becky finally wears her down and puts on a whacky lucha submission they're calling the Four Leg Clover.

For those who blame the bad women's matches on Raw on going short, this went 3:48. Different world.

Charlotte versus Sasha Banks for the Women's Title is on next week. They had a slobberknocker at Takeover, so that'll be smart.

Backstage, William Regal is in his office when the Vaudevillains interrupt his reading. The screen immediately turns black and white. Gold. They show him footage from Takeover on a KINDLE FIRE! and he agrees that the wrong man was pinned at the finish of their match against the Lucha Dragons. He gives them a re-match and they do an evil laugh. Regal joins in until they leave his office, when he calls them "silly bleeders". I love this show.

Hey, it's Bull Dempsey! He's a fat lad who doesn't look like he likes to fight. He's fighting Area Jobber #1, who doesn't get an introduction or an on-screen graphic, the poor bastard. Bull beats him up for the win.

As he's walking up the ramp, Baron Corbin's music plays. Corbin comes out past Bull, who stays on the ramp for Baron's match.  Baron Corbin is the epitome of bored cool. Everyone is beneath him here.

He's fighting Area Jobber #2, who again doesn't get an intro or a graphic. He wins in less than 10 seconds (although the crowd count 14). Baron, that is, not Area Jobber #2.

As he walks up the ramp Bull pushes him and runs away. Bull is that fat bully in school.

HOW YOU DOIN'!?! It's Enzo and cass, and that bitch Carmella, and you can't teach that. Usual stuff, crowd loves it. They come to the ring and do a really funny version of the 12 days of Christmas. I actually LOL'd. These guys are stars and what are they doing? Breaking them up. Nooooooo!

The crowd do a duelling "Certified Gs"/"Bonafide Studs" chant. I heart them.

They're fighting the Ascension. Big Cass starts out and runs wild on the mooks but Enzo tags himself in in an effort to impress Carmella. He fails and they lose. Cass looks disappointed.

The Ascension then cut a promo saying they will rise. Yes, from the bin marked "1980s Gimmicks".

Hey, it's main event time! It's Adrian Neville versus Kevin Owens. The story of this is Owens testing out Neville before bailing out of the ring a few times until neville gets frustrated and follows him only to get ambushed.

Owens beats him up a bit, and does the cannonball in the corner. He shouts, "nothing I do makes me shameful!" What? Not even eating a whole packet of jaffa cakes? Okay, THREE whole packets...

This is a Good Match. They do some good stuff and for a while I even forget that Neville wears GREY trunks. Why?

Finish comes when Neville hits a corkscrew dive over the top, wiping out Owens, who with his last bit of energy drives Neville into the ring post. The ref counts them out - which I HATE as an ending but it kinda worked here.

After the match, Owens, disgusted at being counted out, powerbombs Neville into the ring apron. Neville does a great job of looking concussed.

This was a Good Show. Slightly down on the usual fayre but still miles above any other show.