NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

14 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Does that mean we're not going to get the Gargano/Ciampa match?

Would be a shame if so.

Of course we are, between now and April they'll find a way to set up the match for Takeover New Orleans.

Beautifully simple storytelling, having Regal mention that Gargano has to see out his live show and appearance obligations gets them around the internet spouting that 'he hasn't really quit because he's still on the house shows' and gets them to the next set of tapings where I would guess we'll get the full build up to the Ciampa match. Little, modern ways to address the suspension of disbelief in a way that kids can follow and adults will accept because it's logical, it's one of NXT's main strengths.

• Paid Members

The Gargano/Ciampa storyline is just amazing storytelling too. NXT is so clever sometimes, it beggers belief that just the small things they do cant be replicated on the main roster.

The fact that Ciampa got injured has actually made him an even bigger heel. Wonderful.

Ciampa getting injured has been a real blessing in disguise. I don't mean for that to sound like I'm glad he got injured, far from it, it's just that there is now so much more to the story between him and Gargano and Andrade Almas has been completely rejuvenated as a result of being paired up with Gargano in Ciampa's absence

Gargano isn't an employee, Regal wouldn't be able to make Ciampa take the fight (or logical reasoning says he wouldn't), I think it'll be Ciampa demanding a reinstatement or unsanctioned fight so the build will be Gargano antagonising Ciampa to goad him into it.

I know it'll never happen, but I'd love to see them stretch this out for another year if ciampa isn't cleared by NOLA. Have gargano disappear, fuck have him go back to the Indies, and when ciampa is good to go, have him against the Babyface champion in Brooklyn, and have gargano run in for the screw job. Then flip it with gargano playing 97 sting while ciampa begs for the match. Main event of your nxt mania 35 show. Gargano wins, gets called up to the main and as he's cutting a welcome interview with Renee. Bam, ciampa from behind.

Ciampa to cost Gargano the Money In The Bank. I’m sure Gargano would put a great showing in, and be able to get people thinking he has a shot at winning. 

Would tie it in with the initial turn being after a ladder match. Fans at a big show would know the story well enough 

We know HHH has tie-ins with UK feds, do we know if there is the same arrangement for stateside indies? Have Gargano "go back to the indy circuit", Keep Ciampa doing his Twitter thing, have Gargano in the crowd for a Takeover (his missus is NXT right?), Ciampa in the main, keeps getting distracted etc. Brawl in the crowd, fade to black. Announce non-sanctioned streetfight, Drake as ref. Gargano wins, "signs" for main roster/205.