Monday Night Raw 27/2/12 *SPOILERS*

Daaaaaad!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They'd be mental to give away his first solo match back for free as well. Stupid idea.

Wanky newsletter-twerp logic. "FREE TV! DON'T GIVE IT AWAY!" In reality, absolutely nobody is buying WrestleMania because it's Rock in his pants against one man for the first time in nine years. Anyone who genuinely thinks that is the selling point of Rock vs Cena is a full idiot.

Edge's movie is intriguing. Looks like a low budget 80's buddy cop movie. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Trailer was atrociously put together, but the film seems like it might be decent, and certainly better than WWE's other movies. This is definitely my Edge fanboyism talking, though.

Edge's movie is intriguing. Looks like a low budget 80's buddy cop movie. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Trailer was atrociously put together, but the film seems like it might be decent, and certainly better than WWE's other movies. This is definitely my Edge fanboyism talking, though.

Thats the worst trailer id ever seen, I had no idea what the film was about or what to expect, I was also waiting for it to show some highlights, but they didnt.

As for show, im one that loved the Jericho vs Punk feud, I hate it when promos quickly become brawls so it was good to show two wrestlers who consider themselves intellectuals and talkers before giving away the fisticuffs a bit later. Couldnt give a shit about the rest until The Rocks promo, I didnt like it mainly as it was very similar to his previous stuff, way too Twitter related, particularly after Cena called him up on that last week. The writing on the wrist was obviously on purpose, if he needed that as a reminder hed have it in biro on his hand, not thick black marker pen on his wrist. Id like to believe The Rock put in an excellent performance and didnt expect Cena to either come out or approach it in that way at least, but I think he was thrown a little, probably as his promo had no direction in 15minutes and Cenas had all that and more in 60 seconds.

However, it has made me alot more interested in the match, and I was looking forward to it already. Is Rock on Raw right up until Mania now or is he just popping back in now and then?

• Paid Members

I thought it was an absolutely terrific Raw.

The opening Jericho/Punk segment was saved by Punk and I agree with whoever said that they don't believe Jericho. Neither do I, and the pathetic attempt to waft away those comeback videos was not good enough. That said, it was a great improvement and Punk was better than he has been for ages. The whole first half an hour was fantastic, actually, completely mental and chaotic. Just how Raw should be!

Kelly Kelly v whichever Bella that was. Fuck off.

Cena v The Miz? Good promo by The Miz and he's got that juggling the mic before he speaks down to a tee - but still not as good as Eric Bischoff. Pointless match, though, but I like The Miz and I'm interested what they do next.

The tag team triple threat was absolutely ace. I don't care if no-one cares about Primo and Epico, I'm just going to enjoy them until they get dumped back on to Superstars and NXT. Not sure what the point of Kane's interjection was.

The Eve segment was pointless and I was half expecting Kharma to come out and wallop her, but no. That said, Eve is far and away the most interesting woman right now and she's really not bad on the mic. She's also 10 times fitter since turning. You dirty mare!

The other tag match was a good advance of a couple of storylines. Cody's winding up of Big Show is excellent, Cody is absolutely great. But what about Mark Henry? What the fuck is going on there? I'm genuinely surprised and disappointed at how he's being treated right now. His run last year was arguably the best thing in the WWE. And now? Jobbing to Beaker. Not happy.

So, The Rock. Yeah, he was fucking awful. There were one or two good bits, in fairness, and the whole writing his bits on his arm is a total swerve that I don't believe for one second. He wouldn't be that stupid. But this stuff about having a drink in between bits in addition does suggest to me that it's almost as if he is trying to give more ammunition to Cena.

Clearly Cena doesn't need it. His response was completely marvellous. I almost expected him to chuck some nuts at him, it was almost the return of the Doctor. But let's face it, the crowd, as good as they were, could have been treated to 15 minutes of Rock reading a telephone book and they would have cheered him. Gullible twats.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more criticism of kung pow bitch, either. I mean, does that actually fucking mean anything? He just plucked that one out of the air, thought it sounded good, got a few thousand twats chanting it - but what, the fuck, does it MEEEEEEEEEEAN?! It's fucking shit and unfortunately symptomatic of the new, crap Rock.

But what a fantastic Raw.

• Paid Members

I must be the only remaining Jerichoholic. I understand all the criticisms of him, don't get me wrong, but I'd still take Jericho over Ziggler as the contenter for Punk's title any day of the week. I think their segment was really quite good and I'm expecting them to have a fun little match at WrestleMania (possibly the opening match of the main show).

I don't think the WWE Title has ever looked less important, mind. The belts mean absolutely fuck all in WWE at the moment.

• Paid Members
They'd be mental to give away his first solo match back for free as well. Stupid idea.

Wanky newsletter-twerp logic. "FREE TV! DON'T GIVE IT AWAY!" In reality, absolutely nobody is buying WrestleMania because it's Rock in his pants against one man for the first time in nine years. Anyone who genuinely thinks that is the selling point of Rock vs Cena is a full idiot.

It's not THE selling point, it's A selling point. Rock vs. Cena is special but Rock not having had a 1 on 1 match in 8 years or so is also relevant. Who knows how many people are buying it for that selling point. 10? 10000? 100000? Regardless, people will be. Chucking it on TV would be as stupid as having a regular HHH/Taker match next week, or having Miz vs. Truth Hell In a Cell in 2 weeks. You don't have one selling point, you have layers and layers that appeal to people.

It's not THE selling point, it's A selling point. Rock vs. Cena is special but Rock not having had a 1 on 1 match in 8 years or so is also relevant. Who knows how many people are buying it for that selling point.

Me. None. Because if the appeal of Rock In His Pants was that strong alone, more people would've bought Survivor Series (unless there's loads of people who'd be going "I do want to see Rock in his pants, but only if it's against one man. I don't care who the man is, but it has to be one man only"). Rock vs Cena is the biggest match in a decade, possibly ever. Rock's already had his comeback match now, that cherry's been popped.

"Not a singles match though" is the same sort of gobshite half-step that WWE do when they half-arse an undefeated push and have to start going "yeah but he hasn't lost by pinfall or submission in a singles match" -- it doesn't matter to real people. To real people, Rock's been back in the ring now. And they didn't want to pay for that alone."Rock in action" would theoretically draw a load of eyeballs to lovely free Raw though, and help the actual promotion of the match.

• Paid Members

They've given away all of The Rock's routine. He was getting physical before last years 'Mania. There is nothing really left to protect, other than the 'Mania main event.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more criticism of kung pow bitch, either. I mean, does that actually fucking mean anything? He just plucked that one out of the air, thought it sounded good, got a few thousand twats chanting it - but what, the fuck, does it MEEEEEEEEEEAN?! It's fucking shit and unfortunately symptomatic of the new, crap Rock.

Doesn't really matter in wrestling though. I remember when Dwayne called somebody a "candy ass" on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, the audience were cheering but Leno had no clue what he was on about. Folk like Hogan, Savage, Piper etc were famous for spouting some right shite, people were still into it though.

I thought the Rock was doing fine and it was not nearly as awful as some people made out - it's just that Cena's short but concise speech pretty much trampled all over it and the Rock did look genuinely stumped after Cena walked off.

• Paid Members
Doesn't really matter in wrestling though. I remember when Dwayne called somebody a "candy ass" on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, the audience were cheering but Leno had no clue what he was on about. Folk like Hogan, Savage, Piper etc were famous for spouting some right shite, people were still into it though.

It matters to me, though (dammit!)

The fact is that "candy ass" was a phrase he just stuck into his general jargon. He didn't telegraph it with all the subtlety of a 25 foot neon sign like he did with "kung pow bitch", which is still, for me, the stupidest phrase he has ever come out with.

It was just so disappointing. I think he was nervous and he tripped over his words a lot, which was most unlike the Rock, but you can understand it as he was a bit rusty on the live promo front. I didn't mind that so much. What I did mind is that he repeated himself constantly, even more so than usual, and actually ended up saying the square root of fuck all.

He felt like he was on to something when he talked about Cena on a cereal box but he lost that thread completely. I don't see how I'm supposed to cheer for The Rock after this and the other horrors he's come out with.

Archived