Monday Night Raw 27/2/12 *SPOILERS*

Daaaaaad!

I don't see how I'm supposed to cheer for The Rock after this and the other horrors he's come out with.

By reminding yourself that you hate wrestling these days and have only been watching it for the last ten years under duress, but you liked it in your youth when Rock was in it. That's always been the crux of this feud... Rock destroying Cena validates a decade of going "it's shit now." Even if WWE is exactly the same as it has been the night after WrestleMania, there's still that moment where Rock's hand is raised where all the complaining is vindicated and glory abounds.

They've given away all of The Rock's routine. He was getting physical before last years 'Mania. There is nothing really left to protect, other than the 'Mania main event.

There's The Rock's health to protect. There's no need to have him wrestle* before the big match, necessarily, and he could get hurt doing so, which would ruin everything.

*There is. It's so that we can go a week without him spending an hour trying to get shit catch-phrases trending.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Don't get me wrong, I think "kung pow bitch" is weak too. He'll no doubt sell a shit load of t-shirts now.

The Rock promo is an odd one. People will argue he was giving the casuals exactly what they wanted; him saying 'wrestling is a bit shit now', a billion of his catchphrases and saying Cena has a minge. I wonder what the extra people The Rock brings thought of it - us jaded fans are obviously above it all - really, that's the audience The Rock should be tweaking his stuff towards.

They've given away all of The Rock's routine. He was getting physical before last years 'Mania. There is nothing really left to protect, other than the 'Mania main event.

There's The Rock's health to protect. There's no need to have him wrestle* before the big match, necessarily, and he could get hurt doing so, which would ruin everything.

Cena was in there with Mike 'Chopper' Mizanin. They're not against such reckless abandon.

Thought it was a good show.

: Punk/Y2J promo was a decent start to the feud, got across the reason for the feud, I liked how punk was still kinda jokey but after he was attacked Josh Mathews said 'he wasnt hurt just angry' so we'll prob see more firey promos leading up.

: Kane battering tag teams seemed pointless and whats happened to R-Truth poor bastard is now back to square one being a lower midcard face.

: Ziggler seems to have been dropped (for the time being) like last year after the rumble

: The Rock Promo would've been better if it was half as long with less filler and more bullet points, Rock seemed to lose his cool but hard to say if it was planned or not, could be a subtle change in attitude of both guys as mania gets closer.

: Cena promo was good, wouldnt say it was a heel promo just more hes pissed off with the abuse he gets. same subtle changes as The Rock.

for all the critisism of Jericho's return, I still feel he & Punk, could well steal the show with their actual match.

it was good well thought out promo's, grizzled old veteran, jealous of the new stars success, still got something to prove.

Forgot to mention I was glad there was no Taker/HHH stuff I know that may sound stupid but I feel less is more when it comes to the feud, it pretty much writes itself without to much promo time maybe just a few video packages.

If they spend the time building Bryan vs Sheams, GM feud etc then it'll be a well balanced ppv with each match having a clear purpose.

• Paid Members
whats happened to R-Truth poor bastard is now back to square one being a lower midcard face.

A wellness violation. His own fault.

Plus I think he's doing alright despite that. He got in the Chamber, he'll probably be on at Wrestlemania in a tag title match - he's hardly being buried.

• Paid Members

Yeah, exactly. He was never gonna be anywhere near the top of the card considering you've got 4 huge matches where 3 out of 8 guys weren't on the last PPV. Even if he's not on the actual card, I'd bet on him winning the pre-show battle royale - he's in that kind of comfortable mid-card novelty position.

I think he's actually come out of the wellness situation with a lot of sympathy. Bourne kind of forced their hand by ratting him out, which is better for Truth than if he'd been caught.

• Paid Members
he'll probably be on at Wrestlemania in a tag title match - he's hardly being buried.

I'd be amazed if there is a tag title match at Mania.

What else are they going to do with these guys?

he'll probably be on at Wrestlemania in a tag title match - he's hardly being buried.

I'd be amazed if there is a tag title match at Mania.

What else are they going to do with these guys?

I imagine R-Truth, Kofi, Ziggler & Swagger will end up in the GM match, as for Primo & Epico :laugh:

For what its worth i would have loved to have seen these 3 teams open up Mania, would have been a nice fast paced match to gee up the crowd for the rest of the show.

Forgot to mention I was glad there was no Taker/HHH stuff I know that may sound stupid but I feel less is more when it comes to the feud, it pretty much writes itself without to much promo time maybe just a few video packages.

I totally agree, which is why I'm not excited by the rumours of HBK being added as special referee.

The basic point of the feud is whether HHH can take that one final step and end the streak, knowing that he did everything but that last year. Adding the Cell will make the match different enough to last year, adding a third person is needless.

• Paid Members

For the GM match, hopefully we get more than Santino v Otunga. They did seem to hint, at Elimination Chamber, the Ace Team was going to Del Rio, Christian, Otunga and Henry. I'd shove Mick Foley in Long's team.

I totally agree, which is why I'm not excited by the rumours of HBK being added as special referee.

The basic point of the feud is whether HHH can take that one final step and end the streak, knowing that he did everything but that last year. Adding the Cell will make the match different enough to last year, adding a third person is needless.

I'm confident all involved have a plan, other than Triple H's mate gets a nice pay day. We're dealing with three of the best here, not some daft celebrity side show.

Cene was ace again this week! He's pulled the whole feud into his best territory, the "I'm dead serious, Dwayne" territory, and faring much better than The Rock. I didn't think The Rock's speech was bad, just slow and overly-clich

Archived