Monday Night Raw 27/2/12 *SPOILERS*

Daaaaaad!

So The Rock returns to RAW tonight, presumably to face off with John Cena. Only trouble is, the Daytona 500 could have something to say about that.

ORIGINAL: According to Pwinsider.com, the start time of the Daytona 500 was just delayed. The event will now start at 7PM ET, which is a problem for WWE star Jon Cena. With the start time change, there is no way that Cena can make it to Portland for Raw. Cena is the honorary starter and now grand marshal of the event, and at this time, there is no word on if he will skip Daytona and attend Raw, or stay for the race.

One would think that Cena staying for the race would provide The Rock with a lot of ammunition for his promo tonight, due to Cena always saying that Rock only comes "via satellite."

UPDATE: John Cena posted the following on Twitter stating he would be leaving Daytona to attend Raw

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's better if Cena does come back from it, gives him a great story to back up what he said last week while Rock has to work harder to counter the arguement which should produce better TV rather than just going "Cena's ladyparts aren't here, he's eating fruity pebbles at the NASCAR" *shows DDP smile, plugs twitter*

• Moderators
I think its a bit of a blessing if Cena isnt there.

I agree. Stupid that he's actually coming back for it in my opinion. This is a natural storyline that has presented itself. Cena is forced to stay away, Rock can easily use that, but Cena can use the "I had no choice" angle to perhaps further his anger towards Rock.

• Paid Members
It would be the absolute worst thing to have Cena not there.

It'd practically destroy everything he's said up to this point.

Exactly. This storyline will be 100% more beneficial by having Cena actually show up.

Are they trying to get Cena cheers? Not sure if you're being serious there, sorry.

They are definitely trying to get Cena cheers at WM28, they have done everything possible over the past few months in particular to present him as 'a good guy' and try and guilt trip the people who are booing him into no longer doing so.

In the last few weeks at tv tapings, they have started confiscating any anti-Cena signs in the crowds too.

WWE wants a 50/50 crowd split at WM28 - in a stadium full of 70000 fans in Rock's hometown of Miami, in Rock's first WWE singles match in 9 years.

Why they are desperate for this is a very big question that many people don't have an answer to.

• Paid Members

There's no chance they'll get anywhere near a 50/50 split. All bets are off at WrestleMania. It'll be a pro Rock crowd for sure, no matter what they do in the lead up. Hogan smashed a car into the Rock after smacking him with a hammer and they didnt care at Mania X8. Storylines are usually forgotten about when it gets down to the meat of the PPV. I cant see Cena getting anything other than vile abuse directed at him come April.

You cant battle nostalgia and a return.

If they were desperate for Cena cheers then there's no way they'd draw attention to the Cena Sucks chants and put it on a fucking tshirt.

I mean come on, they've ignored them SO many times over the years, so why would they focus on them in recent times?

They're focusing on the negative reaction to Cena more than ever.

Whatever Cena may say, that's his own personal beliefs. Of course they're going to build him up as a good guy - he IS - but they're not burying the Rock or anything, or doing whatever they can to guarantee a pro-Cena crowd. They're building up both men equally and just letting them go at it.

Archived