Monday Night Raw 27/2/12 *SPOILERS*

Daaaaaad!

• Paid Members
I wonder if Rock's gutted that he's so shit, even his fans are speculating that he's being shit on purpose.

I'm just listening to his mate Meltzer talk about this. He seems to think this is some WWE plot to get Cena over with the 'lads', saying The Rock faked stumbling over his lines to show he was "double-crossed" and Cena got him.

Bizarre.

Cena needs to stop with the "Bryan writes your lines, lolz" crap though, especially when Cena gets his lines written for him too.

By all accounts, Cena doesn't get his lines written for him.

I've heard otherwise. I'm sure he can do what he wants, but he does gets stuff handed to him.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His problem is these days, that he's so far removed from wrestling promos that he approaches them like he's a special guest at Comic Relief.

Cat Deeley; 'HEY LOOK EVERYBODY, IT'S WWE SUPERSTAR AND HOLLYWOOD ACTOR THE ROCK...'

The Rock; 'CATCHPHRASE, CATCHPHRASE, WINKY FACE, CARICATURE OF THE ROCK TO MAKE VIEWERS FEEL COMFORTABLE, BIG SMILE, PLUG FOR LATEST PROJECT, CATHCPHRASE, CATCHPHRASE, SOP TO AUDIENCE, DONATE MONEY, CAN I GO HOME NOW...?'

I've heard otherwise. I'm sure he can do what he wants, but he does gets stuff handed to him.

Bullet points, same as any other wrestler in the last fifteen years or so. But Cena doesn't work from a script, which interestingly enough was the reason Randy Orton gave for why Cena was better than Rock, in his opinion.

Unless all the bitter ex-writers are lying, of course. They still might want a job there again one day, and "don't tell anyone Cena uses a script" might be the secret one cardinal rule that would blacklist them if they broke it.

• Paid Members

Meltzer went on about this the other week. He was saying Cena gets stuff written for him by Brian Gewirtz too, so he found it puzzling that Cena was having a go. As I said, he'll get stuff handed to him - it's up to him if he wants it or not.

Looks like The Miz has taken on Zack Ryder's old role. Triple H came out and hit the Pedigree on him during a commercial break.

X-Pac tweeted immediately after Raw that he finds it highly unlikely that Rock would have got caught out with the wrist notes accidentally.

I'm not sure what the point would have been if it HAD been planned, but for over a decade Rock has done in-ring promos holding the microphone up vertically with the camera close up to his face and hand.

So if after all these years he now needs notes to do a promo, I would expect he would know that his wrist is one of the stupidest places to put them.

As a big fan of Jericho, I thought he was really disappointing last night. And everything he's done since breaking his silence has been pretty disappointing. I know his comeback angle was a bit Marmite, but I thought it was original, ballsy and had a lot of potential. But they obviously got cold feet with it, and now it's like Jericho doesn't even give a shit any more. Punk's "you're jealous of my success" shtick is a bit too arrogant for my liking, but at least he's got some fire in him and saved the segment from being a complete bore. Their match at Mania should be terrific, though.

The Rock was awful. "This ain't 'sing along with The Rock'" has done a 360. Now, it's The Rock desperately pushing you to chant any lame, unfunny, forced rubbish. He's like a hammy DJ. Cena quite rightly bitchslapped him for it. I'm not sure if The Rock's stumbling was intentional, but the notes on the wrist most certainly were. There's no way The Rock would need them or be stupid enough to do that when he's being shot close up and holding a microphone.

• Moderators

Whoever made the point about Jericho being hard to buy into was spot on. He's a terrible actor. That worked when he was the ironic "C'MON, BABY!" heel, but when he's supposed to be serious, and he's got that face on like he's about to laugh all the time, like Jerry Seinfeld or Harry Enfield, it's not working at all. And those viral videos just get more and more pointless in hindsight as the weeks go on.

In completely unsurprising news, WWE's Board of Directors have decreed that SmackDown GM Theodore Long and Interim RAW GM and Executive Vice President of Talent Relations, John Laurinaitis will swap shows next week. Teddy Long will be the GM of RAW on Monday whilst Mr Entertainment J-Lau will take charge of SmackDown.

• Paid Members

I'm starting to really enjoy Punk/Jericho as a grizzled veteran who thinks he is better than he is going against a guy who is at the top of his game

The Long/Ace stuff continues to be a lot of fun and no doubt is leading to a multi-person tag match

Cena was the top performer in the Rock feud once again; he fucking burnt Rock's ass to a crisp and looked cool as hell in the process. Team Cena all the way!

Archived