Monday Night Raw 27/2/12 *SPOILERS*

Daaaaaad!

Totally off topic, but Ian, for your next sig, can we please get a nice shot of Bossman's blue stripe trouser, or his black "The Boss" shirt from WCW? Both favourites of mine.

Back on topic, this Daytona thing is a fucking beaut isn't it? I love how real life can play into things sometimes.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Totally off topic, but Ian, for your next sig, can we please get a nice shot of Bossman's blue stripe trouser, or his black "The Boss" shirt from WCW? Both favourites of mine.

Thats definitely where I'm going with this. Boss Man did get stuck in a rut, slightly during his prime. I loved alternate Boss Man outfits. The blue stripe should have stayed for much longer. The black 'Boss' shirt on the otherhand would probably have made regular appearances, if not for the WWF sending a cease and desist letter out to him around the same time.

Now, Pitcos will probably "Vito me" with a list of how many times Boss Man changed his outfits. And if so, I apologise in advance.

I'll be 100% TEAM CENA at WrestleMania, but I doubt you'll be able to hear me up in the nosebleeds. I'm expecting a 90-10% split in the crowd, which will be brilliant if Cena wins.

Exactly. I want them to boo Cena like he's never been booed before. Then if he does win, the spectical of the crowds faces would be incredible. I'll never forget when they zoomed in on that bloke at WrestleMania 22 after Triple H tapped out and his face had the expression "what the fuck is this?!"

If they were desperate for Cena cheers then there's no way they'd draw attention to the Cena Sucks chants and put it on a fucking tshirt.

I mean come on, they've ignored them SO many times over the years, so why would they focus on them in recent times?

They're focusing on the negative reaction to Cena more than ever.

Whatever Cena may say, that's his own personal beliefs. Of course they're going to build him up as a good guy - he IS - but they're not burying the Rock or anything, or doing whatever they can to guarantee a pro-Cena crowd. They're building up both men equally and just letting them go at it.

There's been a change in tactics over the month, starting with the confiscation of all anti-Cena signs at tv tapings, something they hadn't been doing for years.

They've done a 180 on how they are treating Cena, hence the sympathetic videos of him on tv helping out the young guys at a gym, and going back to harping on about Rock leaving.

No matter what they do, Cena will be booed out of the building at WM28. Hopefully he loses too, because ending the show with 70000 pissed off fans would be ridiculous.

Plus Rock is coming back for more matches, supposedly at Summerslam this year and has already said he'll be at WM29 next year.

I can see Rock winning at WM28, and Cena getting his win back at Summerslam in Los Angeles, so that Cena looks like a big star in front of the Hollywood media that WWE tries to attract at the Summerslam LA ppv show.

There's been a change in tactics over the month, starting with the confiscation of all anti-Cena signs at tv tapings, something they hadn't been doing for years.

Is that to get people to cheer Cena against Rock? Or actually just wanting an audience to support him against Kane? Or maybe to buy their damn tshirts? No one knows the reason.

They've done a 180 on how they are treating Cena, hence the sympathetic videos of him on tv helping out the young guys at a gym, and going back to harping on about Rock leaving.

No, they haven't. They've never treated Cena in a negative fashion. It's not 'going back' to the Rock leaving - that's ALWAYS been the main point!

• Paid Members

Apparently, part of the idea behind the "embrace the hate" stuff was to make booing Cena uncool. WWE think people boo Cena because it's the cool thing to do (folk sticking it to the man etc). WWE releasing t-shirts and having a storyline based around it was supposed to help make it uncool. It hasn't worked, but they tried.

• Paid Members

From the Observer update:

--As noted earlier, John Cena has already flown from Daytona Beach to Portland tonight to be at Raw, so he won't be able to be the starter at the Daytona 500 after all, which has been delayed a couple of times so far due to rain. Tonight is apparently too big of a show to miss.

Now I'm intrigued.

Not good at all. Cena is all kinds of awesome when he's doing the serious promos. When he attempts the false, forced comedy...it sucks. Plus, I doubt you'll see John Cena blacking up anytime soon. Unless of course it was Darren Young doing the mocking with Cena directing. It'd still be shit thought.

Archived