Monday Night Raw 27/2/12 *SPOILERS*

Daaaaaad!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep Rock spoke in tweets for ages and was circling the drain. Cocky shithead Cena came out and saved it just about in just three minutes, 150% on Team Cena now. Also someone needs to remind Rock that it wont be a free for all or Cena vs Rock and any Rock fans who want to jump the rail at Mania.

Jericho and Punk's segment was terrific as well.

Quick Thoughts on RAW.

1. Jericho stunk up the place to start the show with a dull and boring tirade with Punk, Punk at least had some comeback's Jericho's was just uurgh, So much for the big return, faded into mediocrity before he even got started and is dragging down others with his stink

2. The World Title's clearly mean fuck all anymore as Champion vs Champion was the opener, AGAIN!

3. Eve's Segment was utterly pointless, but to be fair she did look mighty fine

4. The Triple Threat Tag match, was great fun whilst it lasted, nice spot from R Truth pulling off a DDT and another finisher at the same time. The afters with Kane, were however, completely pointless

5. The Rock? Oh man that was dire, not just bad promo dire, That was he died on his arse dire and then some. 30 mins of rambling promo, only to be owned by Cena in about 2 mins. Just wow... I'm stunned. I know I'm not keen on the dude, but I wasnt expecting that by a long shot. Contender for worst thing I've seen in a long time. How do you salvage that? :(

• Paid Members

They might have to turn Cena after that. He just got all his character traits fucking murdered and then came out and cut a heel promo on the Rock as the fans called him a cunt. I've no idea where they are going with this. There's doing a babyface vs babyface program, but nobody in a face vs face feud should be allowed to bury someone that bad. Holly balls! They've placed the fans so solidy in the Rock's corner to the point where Cena's looking like a big heel. Cena's promo was good, but to me it was a pure heel promo. Cena's character still isn't outlined, because these fans fucking hate him! Passionately! Yet, The Rock is leaving the week after Mania. These next five weeks could be damaging for Cena.

The last three minutes was the best thing about the show. The first 15 minutes was just nostalgia bating and Rock burying Cena. When they got face to face, thats when it got good. When Cena came out, there was a level of anticipation you can only get with the big stars. This feud is tremendous I think. There's a real sense of expectancy in the next few weeks about what they might do.

Oh and this is odd. Dont know where they are going with the "lines on wrist" thing, either.

img7291o.jpg

• Paid Members

Stayed up for it expecting a solid promo from The Rock, at least nearly on par with Cena's last week. Got the usual "here's a few catchphrases, trending on twitter, I love the fans, twitter twitter twitter, boots 2 asses" shit he's been doing since he came back.

I should have known better :(

Rock is fucking shite. The annoying thing is there's little glimmers of him being alright, and then he comes out with his "JBL is poopy" equivalents and babbles on about Twitter. He ticked all the Modern Rock Cliche Shit boxes there, the phoney smile and everything. The cunt even needed to stop for drinks of water. Another strong win for Cena there, and Dwayne looked shook up. Especially when called on his wristnotes, and told to keep on trendin'.

Jericho and Punk were pretty desperate. Jericho seemed to have the agenda of putting himself on the level of Undertaker and Triple H with his "I'm the last of a dying breed as well" stuff. And Punk was trying to make it the Poundland version of Rock vs Cena with the "you go off doing Dancing with the Stars" lines. Crap.

Tag match was good, I wonder what they've got planned for WrestleMania now they've done the triple threat on Raw. If it's going to be a rematch, surely Kane should've got involved before it ended.

I can't remember anything else on the show being notable.

Why are they jobbing Mark Henry out so much nowadays? Surely there are other guys on the roster they could feed to Sheamus if they want to get him over as a big threat (and get the Brogue Kick over as a move that no-one gets up from). Not sure why they'd make Henry look so weak considering just a couple of months ago he had a pretty successful title run.

The rock should stick to pre records for a bit

Jericho is awful. The way to claim you are the best is to actually be it, or act that cocky about it that people want to see others destroy you for the cheek of claiming to be the best. Right now I'm not interested in seeing jericho in any match.

I will start from the beginning, I really enjoyed the opening stuff with Punk and Jericho. I thought Jericho really stepped up his game with that promo, and I am getting into the match quite a bit more now. Bryan/Punk's finished was saved again which is good, I'm quite into the GM stuff (though Santino with his sock puppet on his hand kind of takes away the seriousness), and Jericho's simple Scoop Suplex on the steel and Lion Tamer with more than enough to advance my interest. The Sheamus/Big Show Vs. Mark Henry/Cody Rhodes match was pointless however. Sheamus wasn't needed out there for starters, and who has Mark Henry pissed off to keep getting buried like this?

I had no reason to be into the Triangle Tag, so I wasn't. I skipped through The Miz's promo as he annoys me, but the match with Cena was alright. Now onto the bigger stuff. I really didn't enjoy The Rock, it was just the same lame Twitter crap all over again. The crowd were getting on my nerves with the totally not funny chants as well. He was a big disappointment, and I actually found him more false than how John often comes across which is a shame. I really feel let down with him, it's like he didn't even bother trying. I'm firmly on Cena's side at the moment, but the whole thing feels weird to me. I never thought I'd be leaning towards Cena in a war of words between him and The Rock.

I was also let down by their being no more Undertaker/Triple H stuff, I think I'm looking forward to that more than Rock and Cena at the moment.

Why are they jobbing Mark Henry out so much nowadays? Surely there are other guys on the roster they could feed to Sheamus if they want to get him over as a big threat (and get the Brogue Kick over as a move that no-one gets up from). Not sure why they'd make Henry look so weak considering just a couple of months ago he had a pretty successful title run.

Agreed. It seems stupid. Is he injured or what? Punk touched on this in an interview last week, and I got the impression that they had to abandon plans for Henry when he was injured, but then he wasn't as injured as first thought and so he's back on because of the thin roster, but because there's nothing on for him, they're sacrificing him to people who do have plans. It's a great shame that he's just been beaten handily now by Sheamus, as they've kind of killed interest in a feud between them and in Monster Henry altogether.

I don't think The Rock's promo was as bad as people are making out on here- not on the grand scheme of things, but by his standards, it was pretty dire.

See, I think the thing is, it was bang on par for his current standards. It was the same speech he's done at pretty much every appearance since WrestleMania last year. Cena's completely shown him up, and I think everyone expected more from Rock last night after Cena stormed it last week. Even those of us who have gone off Rock have nostalgic love for him, and hoped he'd step up this week. Instead, Cena had to mercy-kill the whole segment.

I worked out why i'm not interested in Jericho, and it's nothing to do with his awful return that i've covered over and over, it's that I don't believe him. I don't believe a single word he says. He stands there, with his comic grimace and speaks beautifully without stumbling, but I look at him and I see a performer reading lines. He doesn't look like he hates CM Punk, or that he's angry, he looks like he's been dressed up as christmas tree, memorised some lines and been sent out to do a professional, dry job.

CM Punk has been hitting low notes for a while but at least for the past few weeks anyway, he's been able to cut a figure of a star. And, last night, it appeared that he could have been the established star trading blows with a greenhorn; Punk stumbled more than Jericho, had less direction, but he was believable. And, that's all I want. It's why i'll defend to the death Batista's old promo's, for example, because he mightn't have been fluent, or well spoke, but he genuinely sounded like he wanted to tear your fucking head off.

Part of the problem though, is that Jericho leaves Raw, turns on his computer and posts plugs about his radio show, or pictures of his kid in a hockey jersey, or pictures of him larking about with other wrestlers and it just exposes him as a performer, and leaves it nigh on impossible to suspend any disbelief. It's why wrestling in the era of twitter/facebook is just a little bit flatter and shitter than before; and I know people will argue that 'WELL, IF KIEFER SUTHERLAND POSTED ON TWITTER YOU WOULDN'T LOSE INTEREST IN JACK BAUER' but within the blurred lines of wrestling, Chris Jericho goes out as a narcissistic heel and beats the piss out of the champion from behind, then Chris Jericho goes on twitter and posts pictures of him smiling and being a nice guy. It's shit. And, he's the worst at it, at least Punk/Ziggler etc. stay within the bounds of their on air persona.

Other than that, the chaotic nature of the opening half hour was fun for all the family. I like segment's that weave in and out of different stories, they just seem to move at a faster pace.

On another note, The Rock was fucking terrible. Atrocious. I've never seen a man talk for so long, and say so little. And, the main problem? ...they've parked him in a fucking corner, because there isn't really a response to Cena's points other than the mea culpa response that they don't want to touch; 'yeah I left, but I did so to further my career' which buries the WWE in relation to other media forms, and validates Cena's argument and makes the feud null. In my eyes, at least, they've made Cena so demonstrably right that I genuinely don't want to listen to, or like, The Rock.

The audiences attachment to The Rock's past achievments has left this bizarre dynamic of the WWE superstars and their dedication/devotion to their craft being pitched against the audience and their desire to be 'entertained' by a guy plugging twitter. It's just weird.

As a side note, you take bullet points, so you don't forget your direction/jist right? ...they were some bad bullet points.

Cena's interjection was actually the best thing on the entire show, he's just hitting the perfect notes in this feud and blowing The Rock out of the water. Cena thrives when he can just play in the grey area, and not have to (in spite of audience reaction) portray a babyface archetype. He always has. Just look at One Night Stand.

But, yes, Team Cena.

Archived