Monday Night Raw 27/2/12 *SPOILERS*

Daaaaaad!

As someone who's favourite wrestler was The Rock when I first got into watching wrestling back in 1998/1999 and as a person who basically became a wrestling fan and got into the WWF due to that man being my hero back when I was at school I was shocked at the ending of Raw. Reading and hearing people saying Rock was awful on Raw, I thought hmmm that's a fair amount of people saying that but maybe they're just not giving him credit but wow, Cena totally ripped his whole promo apart in about three minutes and made him look absolutely dire in comparison which I did not expect. I don't hate Cena, I find him alright but as someone who held The Rock in such high regards when I was younger I never saw Cena ripping him apart like that.

Cena actually sounded fairly fresh, using the line "son of a bitch" instead of a lame childish put down, the word "penis" instead of a stupid innuendo or cock joke and I'm pretty sure he said about Rock "doing his shit", while The Rock is messing about getting things trending and having the crowd chant lady parts, yeah to be honest Cena looked the mature one out of the two whereas Rock looked like someone uninterested, just interested by getting things trending and chanted and making childish jokes.

The way he finished was absolutely put down of the night between them, telling him he'd beat the hell out of him at WrestleMania, walking off and then turning around to say "Oh carry on, continue trending" before throwing down the microphone and walking off whilst looking like he could care less about any put downs by The Rock.

I know some have longed for Cena to turn heel and part of me thought he could do this at Mania whilst Rock wins, gets the hometown win, extends his hand as a show of respect only for Cena to reject it and beat him down. But now part of me thinks they may just be building Cena into an edgy tweener, someone who just tells it like it is to whoever it is regardless of who they are, what they've done or if they are face or heel.

Must say I was impressed by Cena in those few minutes.

Also Punk and Jericho was all sorts of awesome as well.

For me those two sections of Raw were the most entertaining and important, Punk and Jericho for all of the right reasons, Rock and Cena for all of the strange reasons (basically what I've said about the surprising way Cena pretty much ripped Rock apart only for Rock to look as though he had no comeback at all).

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Cena actually sounded fairly fresh, using the line "son of a bitch" instead of a lame childish put down,

Nah, that was done to set up Ata Maivia and The Rock doing the parent and son beat down, like the two Rocky's did to the Sultan years ago. Cena's going to get fucked up if the Rock's Mam wasnt one of those lot who turned over when the 21 minutes overrun.

Archived