Monday Night Raw 27/2/12 *SPOILERS*

Daaaaaad!

Don't get me wrong, I think "kung pow bitch" is weak too. He'll no doubt sell a shit load of t-shirts now.

Would they really sell a T Shirt with the word "bitch" on it? Especially now. Even when Raw was TV-14, DX's Football Jersey had the words written on it as "S*CK IT".

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That wasn't meant literally, the point is it's daft but The Rock can get pretty much anything over and folk buying it. The Rock has a couple of t-shirts with 'Boots to asses' on it too.

Oh I see, sorry I misunderstood. I suppose it is true though, it's easy money.

• Moderators

There's a good bit on the Bleacher Report by Bix about why the 'writing on the wrist' thing was (obviously) not a shoot. And I'm actually liking where they're going with that, with the idea that the Rock's a Hollywood phony, which makes me wonder if the story that was floating around last week, from 'unnamed sources' which mentioned no specific names, about how there was tension backstage because the Rock was taking their jawbs at WM was part of that deal.

Just got round to watching this today, thought it was a really strong show.

Loves the Jericho/Punk opening. I like where Cody/Big Show Is going too, Big Shows popularity is really going to help Cody in this one, hopefully it's another win at the big one for him.

On The Rock, he definitely seemed off, whether that was by design I don't know, but I think this is the last week we will see jokey Rock, he got serious at the end, should really start picking up next week now. And as for the lines on his wrist, there's no way that was a shoot, he's a Hollywood actor, of course he'd remember his lines. Maybe they are going to try and turn Rocky.a bit? I've suspected this for a while, that they're trying to make people dislike him. We'll see.

• Paid Members

Spoke to a mate earlier and he's the type that watches Raw every week, but if you asked him who Dave Meltzer is he'd think I'm talking about an obscure Jewish folk singer. He's also one of them folk that thinks The Rock is untouchable. He said he thought The Rock was shite on Raw. I was quite surprised, maybe more hated the promo than I expected.

Just got round to watching this today, thought it was a really strong show.

Loves the Jericho/Punk opening. I like where Cody/Big Show Is going too, Big Shows popularity is really going to help Cody in this one, hopefully it's another win at the big one for him.

On The Rock, he definitely seemed off, whether that was by design I don't know, but I think this is the last week we will see jokey Rock, he got serious at the end, should really start picking up next week now. And as for the lines on his wrist, there's no way that was a shoot, he's a Hollywood actor, of course he'd remember his lines. Maybe they are going to try and turn Rocky.a bit? I've suspected this for a while, that they're trying to make people dislike him. We'll see.

That would be an absolutely mental thing to attempt, especially considering Wrestlemania is in his home town. He could choke a puppy to death on RAW by force-feeding it a newborn baby, and he'd still get cheered over Cena.

And let's not get carried away by the fact a few people on the UKFF thought his promo was poor - he still got the sort of overwhelming babyface reaction from the live crowd that Vince would kill to see Cena get at a Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members
Maybe they are going to try and turn Rocky.a bit? I've suspected this for a while, that they're trying to make people dislike him. We'll see.

Nobody dislikes the Rock, though. The fans were massively into him on Monday. The reaction he got (it was the highest rated segment in ages) was massive. Its all well and good criticising the fine points of the delivery and what have you, but the people in the arena were 100% into the Rock. He's never turning heel. He buried Cena and the fans went "agree with you there mate". I dont know how you would think that was leading to a Rock heel turn. He had the fans chanting about 5 different things. Its a mark of someone who is truly over to have that kind of shite material and the fans still be into you.

I don't mean turn as in full fledged heel, I just think WWE want some fans to dislike Rock. Like the Cena promos running him down for leaving etc, he got an awesome reaction no doubt, and will probably continue too, I'm just wondering if they're going to touch on his Hollywood rock persona a bit again, I dunno, they tried to make Hogan a heel back in 2002, its Luke they're desperate for Cena to get cheere over Rock that they might try something out the box.

• Paid Members

All the speculation about the heel/face dynamic of the feud is pointless really. I think WWE are playing it just right with the John Cena/Dwayne Johnson thing they have going on. It's realistic, it's dividing opinions and it's getting fans talking. They really don't need to force a heel turn for either man to make this match any bigger than it is.

Vince knows full well that his WrestleMania main event isn't going to be played out to a stadium full of fans sat on their hands, the place will be going fucking batshit for this match and that's all that matters. They aren't concerned about Cena getting booed, it's all part of John's character and has been for ages. The anti-Cena atmosphere will play right into their hands. Cena's at his best when the crowd are on his back.

I think they fucked the feud up temporarily last year with that mess of a story leading into the Survivor Series match, as well as what happened at the event. It left Cena looking like a twat and gave fans no real reason to get behind him. The only positive was that if anybody was unconvinced that The Rock could still go, then his performance in that match should have put their minds at ease. It was a decent teaser for WrestleMania in that respect, but personally I felt less excited about Mania after Survivor Series than I did before it. There was no fire from Cena, he got bummed and just laughed it off.

So far this year they are getting it right with Cena though, he's not laughing anymore- his promos and his vignettes have spot on. The Rock isn't up to par, but it doesn't really matter to be honest- it's The Rock. I think he's been shit, but every arena he steps in he has the crowd eating out of his hands and in Miami he'll be even more over.

Just got round to watching The Rock - Cena promo. The Rock was on fire, one of the best promos I have ever seen; The onus was on Cena to come out and match The Rock's promo, and sadly he didn't do that.

I understand people don't like Rocky's catchphase schtick and whatnot, but it takes a very special talent to be able to have the fans in the palm of your hands like he does. An absolutely magnificent performer and by far the best promo in the history of our great sport! This is the most interested I have been in wrestling for years.

Archived