Monday Night Raw 27/2/12 *SPOILERS*

Daaaaaad!

• Moderators
"I may have no balls, but at Wrestlemania I'm gonna beat you up".

Why did he agree with Rock that he (Cena) has no balls? Not exactly "owning him on the mic" is it?

That a man with supposedly "no balls" is harder than you and going to kick your arse, so what does that make you? It's crystal clear to me. Like when people say "I'm going to fuck your as" in that situation. It doesn't mean they're saying "I'm a fan of arse and Larry Grayson" it's more along the lines of "I'm going to show my power over you like you're a bitch".

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Rock's promo was money. Like he says he innovates, granted he's given license to but it's always fresh when the Rock shows up. All digs (including Cenas) had real bite and elements of truth in them which is always great.

Yeah but it's still a bit of a "you eat pieces of shit for breakfast?" situation, regardless of how it's intended..

Exactly.

If he'd said "We'll see who has no balls after I've beaten the crap out of you" it would have been far better than seemingly agreeing that he has no balls!

• Paid Members
Yeah but it's still a bit of a "you eat pieces of shit for breakfast?" situation, regardless of how it's intended..

Exactly.

If he'd said "We'll see who has no balls after I've beaten the crap out of you" it would have been far better than seemingly agreeing that he has no balls!

It's just a turn of phrase. Like how your mate would call you a pussy, you'd kick the shit out of him and then give it "you got beat up by a pussy". Reading way to much into it. Did Cena own Rock on the mic? Rock looking more flabbergasted than he ever has in a WWE ring would say so to me. Just give the man some credit, you big fapper.

Bang on, Butch. The thing I resent about it as well is that every appearance is serving as a reminder that a lot of the things you loved in the attitude era were actually a bit shit unless you were in your mid-teens and angry at your teachers or parents. Hogan does a cheeseball routine as well when he comes back, but it's nostalgic and camp and it knows it's corny. Rock's is meant to be cool and edgy even now, and all it does is make you think what a tit you must have been at fifteen.

It's a proper Emperor's New Clothes thing, because for years it's been "Cena's insults are corny and shit, Rock used to be great at this stuff, I wish he'd come back." And then Rock comes back and his insults are at best on par with the stuff Cena's reviled for coming out with. He's not the saviour everyone thought he'd be. The difference between them isn't ability, it's that we got a bit older in between Rock and Cena's eras, and read more "wrestling's crap, isn't it?" articles whilst waiting for the Triple H-Shawn Michaels feud to end.

Rock'll probably get worse as well. He's getting positive reinforcement from crowds who are so happy to see him in the flesh after all these years, they'll go along with his shite. And he comes away thinking "this Twitter hashtag material is going down well, I'll do more of that next time."

It's all building interest in the match though, even a rubbish speech from Rock or Cena will give the other ammunition.

That's the most eloquent post I've read on here in years. Precisely. I also think that The Rock is a little rusty, a little unsure of PG era Raw, and also just.. older. He looks like an absolute beast nowadays too, more like Batista than the cocky-eyebrow Rock.

Says the mark with a "Team Cena" sig. :confused:

Oh. Dear. The smart fan has arrive to save us all from enjoying wrestling! It's 2001 all over again.

Exactly.

It's just a turn of phrase. Like how your mate would call you a pussy, you'd kick the shit out of him and then give it "you got beat up by a pussy". Reading way to much into it. Did Cena own Rock on the mic? Rock looking more flabbergasted than he ever has in a WWE ring would say so to me. Just give the man some credit, you big fapper.

This whole forum is full of people knit-picking at everything. Am I a "fapper" now because I like the Rock?

Is it OK to over analyze everything that that certain people say but not others?

I've already said I liked the segment (and that I'm sure both were holding back a bit because it's still quite early in the Mania build), I just thought that it was a really poor comeback. It was the equivalent of "You are a spaz", "Yeah, so what if I am a spaz, I'm gonna beat you up". Not exactly comeback of the year was it.

And Rocky looking flustered and the whole writing on the wrist stuff was all there for storyline purposes. It's feud building, not real life.

• Moderators

Exactly.

This whole forum is full of people knit-picking at everything. Am I a "fapper" now because I like the Rock?

Is it OK to over analyze everything that that certain people say but not others?

Rick was blatantly joking with the fapper remark, stop being so damned defensive. And you over analyse like a motherfucker, so you can't say anything about that same as a fair few of us can't and don't say anything about people being overly analytical (except for now, but it's just holding up a mirror).

• Paid Members
And Rocky looking flustered and the whole writing on the wrist stuff was all there for storyline purposes. It's feud building, not real life.

I'm not talking about anything but the storyline. What are you talking about?

Fapper. :thumbsup:

It really should have been Rock Vs Tyson Kidd, that's why I'm knitpicking.

Butch - I wasn't complaining about knit-picking, in fact the complete opposite, I was saying almost everyone does it, so why was I being picked up for it on this occasion. No big deal.

Butch - I wasn't complaining about knit-picking, in fact the complete opposite, I was saying almost everyone does it, so why was I being picked up for it on this occasion. No big deal.

Sorry to nitpick but it's actually nitpicking.

I take my spelling tips from the same place I take my wrestling opinions, thank you very much! Powerslam Magazine and Fin Martin.

Just got round to watching The Rock - Cena promo. The Rock was on fire, one of the best promos I have ever seen; The onus was on Cena to come out and match The Rock's promo, and sadly he didn't do that.

I understand people don't like Rocky's catchphase schtick and whatnot, but it takes a very special talent to be able to have the fans in the palm of your hands like he does. An absolutely magnificent performer and by far the best promo in the history of our great sport! This is the most interested I have been in wrestling for years.

I dont think it was even the best promo in that segment personally but each to their own

And both for good reason. Although nutter Duane never came out with anything as bas as "popcorn farts."

I really don't understand how people can hate The Rock so much. He is a guy that has the fans in the palm of his hands. He is what John Cena wants to be. Cena is quite obviously money, but not on the same level as The Rock.

for me, and clearly many others, The Rock had the live attending crowd in the palm of his hand but he didnt engage me at all, I was bored to tears and delighted when Cena's music hit and I have never had much love for Cena and used to love Rocky.

It just seemed like bland, uninteresting, unimportant, irrelevant bullshit that added nothing to my anticipation of their match. Cena came out, said a few things in a cocky unintimidated manner and strutted off and I was more on board about the match in a minute of Cena craic than I was throughout the entire Rocky promo

Archived