Wrestlers who are just shit

WWFChilli

Virgil played the body guard for dibiase well, but once he fought against his evil boss that should have been the end of him.

Why did WWF continue to have him work as a singles wrestler, but more amazing is why WCW took him and then put him in the NWO, I will never understand this.

Other wrestlers who I think suck donkey cock are:

Heidenreich

Bushwhackers

Greg Valentine

The texas tornado, - I know he came from a great wrestling family but while in WWF I thought he was complete shit and his spinning disc punch looked wank.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

What's everyone's beef with The Hammer? Ok, after the Ronnie Garvin stuff he wasn't great, but nothing wrong with him prior to that. I'd much rather watch Tito Santana's stuff with Valentine than Martel anyway.

WrestleMania is about Rock, Cena, Michaels, Undertaker, Triple H, Shaq and The Big Show. The WWE title is such a massive after thought.

Correct, (well apart from Shaq, until he turns up on TV i refuse to believe he will be part of Mania) this is why the WWE Title match needed to be Cena/Rock.

It's a huge problem, and is why almost everyone on the roster is greeted with complete apathy.

Not a problem for Mania this year though, because if your not one of the above people, you will just be thrown into the MITB match.

What's everyone's beef with The Hammer? Ok, after the Ronnie Garvin stuff he wasn't great, but nothing wrong with him prior to that. I'd much rather watch Tito Santana's stuff with Valentine than Martel anyway.

Ive knocked ol Greg in this thred but his match with Garvin at the 1990 Rumble was amazing

Also Martel was awesome looking back,his AWA work was good too

• Paid Members

I thought, if anyone, Greg left at the right time. He had a good run up until the late 80s, they tried to repackage him with Rythem and Blues and that went alright until they got rid of Honky Tonk. Then they decided to roll the dice once more and turn him face. Greg was a really good wrestler, who they got rid of when they ran out of ideas for him. Thats fair enough, I think. He's one wrestler who I'd say couldnt be accused of hanging on for years and years waiting to be sacked. He was always a good hand. Should have put him in the baby blue before, he left though. Valentine was Mr. Consistency from what I remember. He was still belting out the right type of match for his position on the card, even in 1991.

Yeah, Martel was cracking. His short run in WCW in 1998 was an absolute revelation considering how long he'd been out of the public eye.

If not for that career ending injury, Martel probably would have remained a player up until the mid-2000s. He's still in shape now. I could definitely see WWF bringing him back when they went on that little nostalgia period in 2002. He was still in top shape, was knocking out some exciting matches on Nitro and was probably heading into feuds with the likes of DDP, Raven and Chris Benoit after he was done with Booker T. If you looked at Hennig and Davey Boy and you looked at Martel in 1998, it as night and day.

For me, Greg Valentine was just boring as fuck. He was like a throwback to the older, more boring wrestling. He had nothing about him. Basically the same thing as loads of the wrestlers now that nobody's interested in. Perfectly competent, but totally flavourless.

I don't know if that's something to do with the PG thing as a lot of gimmicks would maybe be a bit too much for their current era

Wrestling shows were PG-rated in Repo Man's day.

kamala.jpg

Fucking hell this guy was bad and the racist gimmick never should have survived the 80's.

How did Kamala get on this list. Is it as racist as Cryme Tyme? His gimmick was brilliant and belongs nowhere near this list. Great Khali is a 7 foot giant he's shit at wrestling but hes not just shit, to your casual fan he's one of the most amazing parts of the show.

• Moderators
For me, Greg Valentine was just boring as fuck. He was like a throwback to the older, more boring wrestling. He had nothing about him. Basically the same thing as loads of the wrestlers now that nobody's interested in. Perfectly competent, but totally flavourless.

Depends what you'd call boring. The dog collar match from Starrcade '83 against Roddy Piper is anything but, it's an awesome heated brawl. The cage match with Tito Santana is super duper as well. He was phoning it in by his face turn though.

He had the greatest T-Shirt in wrestling history as well.

• Paid Members

Greg usually had Sir Oliver Humperdink, Luscious Johnny V and Jimmy Hart with him as well. There was always someone with him to tell us how great he was. I used to love the Ron Garvin and Valentine feud. Garvin's ring announcing was a nice bit of fun for 1989.

He had the greatest T-Shirt in wrestling history as well.

Which you can buy here

I didn't even know that Rick Martel did a run in at a PPV in 2007? Was that a one off?

I've been struggling to think of anyone really. Everybody has some good angle, or match, or whatever.

I hated Rikishi for years, but his selling of a clothesline is the best in the business, and around the time he took the big bump off the cage he was red hot.

Matt Hardy is shit, but at one point he wasn't.

The really shit wrestlers are the ones we never hear about, or only read about buried deep in one of DDD's interminable indy reports.

Archived