Wrestlers who are just shit

WWFChilli

• Paid Members

I have made this topic because of this man!!!

RIPDinobravo.jpg

Ugh, Dino fucking Bravo! Everything about him screamed shit to me. I might be being harsh on him, as I've heard back in the day he was a good worker but come his run I am more associated with (WWF 1986 - Mobster Death) he annoys the shit out of me. Look at that picture of him. Just look at him. Everything about him was just absolute wank. When he first came in, he was in the NEW Dream Team as a replacement for Brutus Beefcake and he and poor Greg Valentine spent most of 1987 doing fuck all while Johnny V did not look arsed, watch Johnny at the 1st Survivor Series, even he knows how shit his team is.

Then they put him with Frenchy Martin and he had a year long feud with Ken Patera (who by this time was incredulously shit) and the feud felt like it lasted for several decades. Then in '89 he ends with Jimmy Hart, pals up to become Earthquakes running mate and then eventually gets whacked for smuggling fags on the side. An unremarkable career, I have no idea how Bravo was not canned when they cut loads of people back in 1988 or in 1990. The obvious because he was tight (poor choice of words) with Pat Patterson.

But STILL, LOOK AT HIM. Fuck's sake. Everything about him, his shite baby blue tights, his music, his move set, the fact that he was so roided to buggery he could barely do anything resembling a good wrestling move or spot, the way he bumped, that fucking cape, that he looked like a roided up Rick Moranis playing Barney Rubble, that bastard hair and the fact that the fans did not seem to give a shit about him. Everything about Dino Bravo was absolutely tedious. A good example is his match with Kerry Von Erich from Wrestlemania VII. He just looks beyond awful, everything he does is just poorly executed, even against a one footed, drug hazed Kerry, Kerry almost looks like he actually carries the match somehow. Fuck Dino Bravo.

Over to you lot.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These cunts.

bushwhackers.jpg

I don't care if they were brilliant as the Sheepherders, nice guys backstage or what. They were a fucking crap act that totally proved that a) until about 2000 nobody outside of the countries could tell the difference between New Zealand and Australia, and b) if you do something daft with your arms people will always copy it.

It comes to something when even as a kid, I felt like these were aiming below me as an act. Hated them, dreaded the thought of being licked in the face by them, and never once believed they would have the ability to beat anybody, in any era. They look like they fucking stunk, their gear looked dirty, and those bashed up hats were crap merchandise. Fuck off Luke and Butch, tell your mother.

The Hasbro's were shit as well. Not one single redeeming feature about these smelly old shitehawks.

His moves in squashes actually looked quite neat, he used to do backdrop drivers and hart attack clotheslines & shit. And his inverted atomic drop always looked great. The iron sheik gutwrench was ok too. And his music was La Marseillaise ffs! And he looked like a nice guy....... and... he wasn't hacksaw Duggan.

Ok, he was a bit cack, aye.

This thread starts and ends with Virgil.

• Paid Members

Don't hate on Bravo, he was the fucking world's strongest man! No respect. I always dug him. I can get with the Bushwackers nom though, even as a kid I never understood what I was supposed to see in them. Balding guys who licked people's heads and jerked about like they had a weirdly hypnotic form of Parkinsons? Hmm.

• Paid Members
His moves in squashes actually looked quite neat, he used to do backdrop drivers and hart attack clotheslines & shit. And his inverted atomic drop always looked great. The iron sheik gutwrench was ok too. And his music was La Marseillaise ffs! And he looked like a nice guy....... and... he wasn't hacksaw Duggan.

Ok, he was a bit cack, aye.

This thread starts and ends with Virgil.

Does it fook. His angle with DiBiasi (no matter how much a hand DiBiasi played) exonerates him. That and he was in the nWo AND The West Texas Rednecks. You have to be a tough lad if your the Sheriff in Blazing Saddles.

Nail on the head with Bravo

For me one of the worst Wrestlers ever......Still pissed off he never got pinned in SS 89.

Im amazed at how long Greg Valentine kept a job with Vince too

Even more amazed that he went to WCW and picked up a tag title

I remember thinking no wonder my friends think WCW is shit when Vlentine now holds a title.

(Yes im aware The Hammer had some decent matches in the early 80s but by 1990 i was amazed he was still employed)

Ted%20DiBiase%2011111.jpg

Everything he does sends me to sleep. Monotonous tone and I can't think of one good match he's had in singles. To think he was in the second Marine film to prepare him for a breakout push boggles my mind.

Wasn't that around the time they were rumoured to be putting him to a match with Undertaker at Wrestlemaina

I agree though I think now he's just kept around because who his Dad is

• Paid Members

I'll nominate

NikolaiVolkoff.jpg

His matches were shit, the shape of him was weird, his national anthem singing was shit (fair enough it was meant to be), his attire was shit. He was generally just all around shit to me. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but watching him try to wrestle is like having gonorreah of the eyes.

That and the fact he looked like Weirdo Colin who lived by us when I was a kid. The man who still lives with his mom and dad well into his 50s and goes around with a cat in a pram. For that reason Nikolai Volkoff was about as menacing as Nicholas Lyndhurst to me.

See I could get a nomination for Test being bland but he wasn't really anywhere near the level of shit. Same with Valentie I suppose, there were times when he was the most boring man alive but he wasn't completely usless. I mean, Ric Blade from CZW (what little I ever watched of it) was shit. Test is miles above him. A lot of the early RoH guys, for all the talk about their amazing matches, were shit. Not the cream of the crop guys, but the lower down buys were pretty awful. I'm kind of struggling to name anyone from the WWE because I tend to think that there's been very few real shit there, like I say I can see the argument that some of them have been as boring as hell but utterly abysmal? I'm sure there's people I've completely forgotten having seen who were awful. People come to mind who had shit periods but then were at least adequate at other times. I guess you'd be looking at someone who wasn't around long enough to have done anything remotely adequate. Shit booking also plays a part, I mean Great Khali's not the most agile, athletic or at times exciting wrestler, he doesn't have the most extensive resume or know how, but he's been pretty decent to good at what he's meant to be doing.

Super Porky's pretty shit at the moment, I don't know if he always has been, I enjoyed his WWE skits, but he's awful right now. He can't really do anything other than stripper dancing with the ring girls, and that's both creepy and odd. He's partly shit because people actually book him in matches when he shouldn't be in matches at all and there is something endearing at times about him trying to do things which are clearly well above him but there's also times where he's waddling around the ring as people bump off his backside that are pretty rotten. But again, he did a few fun backstage vignettes.

I actually think this is a really hard topic. Good work. It's getting me to rack my brains.

• Paid Members
Ric Blade from CZW (what little I ever watched of it) was shit. Test is miles above him.

Maybe, but I have no idea who that is. He was never given near-yearly pushes in the biggest company in the world, and given shots to go out on the biggest shows of the year to get tangled up in the ropes for 15 minutes, so he doesn't stick out as much.

Lower card Roh/CZW guys are so shit they don't even warrant being included in this thread.

Archived