Wrestlers who are just shit

WWFChilli

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I do get what you mean but, i think you're generalising a little too much and being somewhat harsh. Maybe you'd have a point with Miz and Jericho. But, CM Punk - arms and chest fully covered in tattoos, Chicago Flagged tights? Kofi Kingston - Dreadlocked Black man in bright lime green trunks (and he's always changing his tights up with some fun reference)? Not so sure on that one Ian.

My point is, its all the same type of outfit on about half a dozen people competing for the very same position on the card. In WWE and in wrestling in general, you either wear short trunks and kickpads or a hooded cutoff jacket. Just because you have tattoos or someone has dreadlocks, for mean doesnt mean you look different. If you have something like tattoos that makes you stand out, surely a completely different outfit to everyone else would amplify how different you look to everyone else. Years ago if, say, someone had a different haircut or had some whacky facepaint or a tattoo that stood out, they'd say "what outfit and gimmick would compliment this look". Now they just get on the phone to Shannon Moore's wife and tell her to sort them out some kickpads and trunks. Road Dogg had tattoos and dreadlocks, but he'd look like a right goon wearing the same outfit Billy Gunn had on.

CM Punk had a good look when he had long hair, a beard and chest hair. He looked great in fact. And he was feuding with the likes of Rey Mysterio and Jeff Hardy (who look as you should look in wrestling) and hanging around with Luke Gallows (who looked nothing like anyone else either). He didn't look like another lost sheep in a crowd of the same looking animal. So I'm not slagging Punk off in this case. He's actually the one who had the short tights and kickpad look before Jericho, Miz, Daniel Bryan and Kofi and whoever else showed up. One person having the look is different. Everyone else, makes even the original person look generic.

Yeah, as i say i do generally agree. And i definitely agree with the long hair, bearded, chest haired look of Punk. But, that's another point, he does make small changes and updates to his look which is something a lot of people like. But, i do think the other things i mention play a big part in separating them and giving them their own identity. Otherwise, you could theoretically make the same criticism of Stone Cold, The Rock, Triple H, Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton all being main eventers in black trunks and black boots around the same time. As i say, i think more focus is put unnecessarily on ring attire alone with this frequent criticism, when there's other elements of their presentation which clearly define them and separate them.

What would you stick the lads you mention in out of interest?

More guys should wear singlets, Brock in OVW looked great in a singlet (if anything it made his chest/shoulders look bigger) so I'd stick Mason Ryan in one atleast he'd look different and not so batista-like.

Same with McGuillicutty stick him in a Perfect style singlet see if that gets anything outta him.

Does seen like wwe (dunno if or how much freedom talent have over what they wear) stick everyone out in trunks these days,

Swagger on his debut wore plain black trunks but was still called 'the all american-american' how does that not scream red, white and blue gear??

I agree that Punk, Kofi even Bryan stand out with there looks (dunno how anyone could say they dont) but Miz or Y2J wearing all black with a bit of glitter not so much.

On Topic: Great Khali all day for me just the absolute worst.

• Paid Members

Thing with Lesnar, Orton, Austin and Rock is, they obviously care far more about protecting them, than the current lot. They project far more of a superstar aura. The perception isnt there with the likes of Punk, Miz and Jericho and probably never will be. If they had any intention of protecting the likes of Miz, Jericho and Punk, then that would be fair enough. Its like Jericho in 2002. He looked different. He wore the chef trousers and had colours in his hair, but he was fodder for the real talent so when he was made to look stupid, it only highlighted how stupid he actually looked visually. Like this current crop are now. WrestleMania is about Rock, Cena, Michaels, Undertaker, Triple H, Shaq and The Big Show. The WWE title is such a massive after thought. They got their thinking caps on for Jeff Hardy as well, but if they half arsed him, it wouldnt be hard to make him look like a complete clown, either.

When you are in a position to yo-yo up and down the card like The Miz does, the last thing you need is to look exactly the same as everyone else. Looking like an indy worker from 2001 is the new looking like a bodybuilder from the look of the roster at the minute. And its not even a nostalgia thing. Even a few years back, they had a cast of different characters ranging from Batista and Rey Mysterio to the likes of the Boogey Man and Big Daddy V. There seems to be a total lack of focus on everyone but the main players these days. Look at the effort they've put into Undertaker vs Triple H and Rock vs Cena already?

As far as what I'd have them dress like? I have no idea. Rasta hat and a big spliff for Kofi, would be the best bet. Bring back some good old fashioned stereotypes to the WWE. And have Mr. Fuji manage him, because all those forgeiners are the same.

I agree that Punk, Kofi even Bryan stand out with there looks (dunno how anyone could say they dont)

They do stand out. They stand out to the point where I say "look at that twat. He's got hair like Del Boy from the final series they did".

• Paid Members
you could theoretically make the same criticism of Stone Cold, The Rock, Triple H, Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton all being main eventers in black trunks and black boots around the same time

With the exception of Brock, all of those were over by the time they went with black trunks and boots. Look at what The Rock used to wear. Hardly generic (or flattering, for that matter).

Austin's an odd one, because he went with the boots and trunks look when it wasn't the done thing to wear black trunks and boots, so it became an exception rather than a rule.

Also, Austin was a charismatic motherfucker who didn't need an outfit to distract from his personality.

Tommy Dreamer.

Honestly don't think I've enjoyed a single thing he's ever done*. Hate his matches. Hate his promos. Hate his look. Hate everything about him as a pro-wrestler. Not a single redeeming feature.

* EDIT - apart from Brian Lee chokeslamming him off the balcony(s) in ECW. Great visuals, though my only thought was ever "I hope they use FOUR tables next time! That would be cool!". So ultimately he even sucked at getting sympathy.

Christopher Daniels. Terrible in every way possible, and then some.

His involvment in matches such as the original triple threat against Joe and Styles, and his run alongside AJ against LAX and AMW could have, and should have, been even better were the "Fallen Angel" to have been replaced by a superior performer.

Archived