Wrestlers who are just shit

WWFChilli

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it's Bob "Hardcore Holly".

Whether as Sparky Plug or Hardcore Holly he always bored the fuck out of me. He had Zero charisma on the mic, was pretty average in the ring(barring his dropkick) and by all accounts was a prick backstage. How he held onto his job for as long as he did i'll never know. He had a rep for stiffing young guys and being an awkward bastard in ring with them. His own idiocy led to Lesnar breaking his neck...A glorious moment I felt. The guy's long career in WWE was summed up by the fact that he never won any other singles title other than the Hardcore belt that lets be honest everyone from referees to Terri Runnels held. Holly plain sucked and the day he was fired was a great one.

• Moderators
by all accounts was a prick backstage. He had a rep for stiffing young guys and being an awkward bastard in ring with them. His own idiocy led to Lesnar breaking his neck...A glorious moment I felt.

Didn't have that rep amongst the many wrestlers who thought he was a really cool, funny and humble guy. Look at Londrick, they've got nothing but superlatives to say about him. The only people who give him that "rep" are dickheads like us on message boards, along with being the "prick" rep. I don't see why people think it's that funny and great that the man broke his neck in a match either.

• Paid Members
His own idiocy led to Lesnar breaking his neck...A glorious moment I felt.

Never happened, though. Brock fucked up the move. As Bob said "if you think a person who can throw the Big Show around like he's nothing can be sandbagged by me, you must be a dumbshit". Brock did what Sid did to Pillman in that War Games match. Just a badly timed cock up.

For me it's Bob "Hardcore Holly".

Whether as Sparky Plug or Hardcore Holly he always bored the fuck out of me. He had Zero charisma on the mic, was pretty average in the ring(barring his dropkick) and by all accounts was a prick backstage. How he held onto his job for as long as he did i'll never know. He had a rep for stiffing young guys and being an awkward bastard in ring with them. His own idiocy led to Lesnar breaking his neck...A glorious moment I felt. The guy's long career in WWE was summed up by the fact that he never won any other singles title other than the Hardcore belt that lets be honest everyone from referees to Terri Runnels held. Holly plain sucked and the day he was fired was a great one.

That post has so much unsubstantiated rubbish in there it's unreal. Not only was Bob Holly known as a generally good bloke by those he worked with (already mentioned) he also didn't fuck up the powerbomb that lead to his neck break (also mentioned) but just to add Holly was (and I'm sure still is) excellent at working a live crowd. I remember seeing him in Birmingham and he had us eating out the palm of his hands, he actually got a standing ovation at a show in Sydney I saw in late 2007 after a match with Cade & Murdoch.

Also his team with Crash in which they allegedly weighed over 400 pounds and his hardcore persona were things of magic. He was good at putting people over and to say he was average in the ring isn't true over, the dropkick was excellent but he was crisp with the moves he performed, not only that Cody Rhodes actually uses 2 of Holly's signature moves at the moment, tell me that's average when the current IC champ pays homage to you by still using 2 moves you're known for. The talent Bob Holly possesses compared to some of the shit in this thread is like comparing night and day!

• Paid Members

Oh, Jimmy Rave for me as well. He's so terrible, I didn't have the motivation to even think of him. Him and Tommy Dreamer were two people I could never get away with. Tommy Dreamer looks like you'd see down the dole office asking why he's being put on a two year course and Jimmy Rave looks like someone who's not letting got that he's no longer a student. Wrestling is much better without them. They still get coughed up on our screens every now and again, though.

Always hated Kofi Kingston, his gimmick is so childish, as is his in ring work. It could work if he was even mildy over because he does a lot of signature stuff the fans could go wild for, but they simply dont care.

Nonsense. It's one thing to think he's rubbish, but you'd have to either be really thick or not watch wrestling to think fans don't react to him.

Its just a matter of opinion, I admit I did slightly mis phrase that, its not that hes not over, just that hes not as over as he should be. I personally think that as a member of the world tag team champions he should have been a lot more over. Then again I guess hes normally competing in the first couple of matches when the crowd are just getting into it. No need to be such a prick about it.

Balls to anyone saying Hardcore Holly. He was one of my genuine favourites on the WWF roster back in 1999. I'm not saying that he should have held a world title or anything, but he could have held any of the other belts back in '99 and done a more than a respectable job with it.

My pick for this would be Shannon Moore. Just so fucking shit and I can't see why anyone would like him. Shit face. Shit hair. Shit gimmick. Zero charisma and dull in the ring. The only time he was remotely entertaining was during his "Mooron" gimmick back in 2003 and that's only due to Matt Hardy being great back then (remember those days?).

Archived