Wrestlers who are just shit

WWFChilli

• Paid Members
I'm feeling the love!

I know I can't stand up to most of you with my point on John Cena being "a wrestler who is just shit" but the dropkick is an example of how he pulls the same mundane, safe and not particularly technical wrestling moves. Aren't we all shocked when he does something different like a dropkick or anything resembling mat wrestling?

Being over doesn't mean he can't be shit.

Technical wrestling, and high risk, aren't the be all and end all of rasslin. Far, far, far from it. That's why Cena is magic.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Yeah. Whenever me and my mate Kris go out we end up quoting pretty much the entirety of The Running Man in various states of childlike glee. That's because it's our favourite film, and we've seen it a million times.

• Paid Members

If you start hating something after being exposed to it a lot then what it's saying is that you probably didn't like it quite as much as thought you did in the first place.

• Paid Members
I'm feeling the love!

I know I can't stand up to most of you with my point on John Cena being "a wrestler who is just shit" but the dropkick is an example of how he pulls the same mundane, safe and not particularly technical wrestling moves. Aren't we all shocked when he does something different like a dropkick or anything resembling mat wrestling?

Being over doesn't mean he can't be shit.

Technical wrestling, and high risk, aren't the be all and end all of rasslin. Far, far, far from it. That's why Cena is magic.

If you mean his promos then just raising your voice doesn't count as being good on the mic. All the rest is due to him being the closest to something the kiddies wanted to idolise (clean living, clean shaven, all round real life Action Man) and a good push.

I didn't explain that all to well.

If you were to watch your favourite film every week then I'm sure you would get tired of it and as a result hate it. Apart from children. Children can watch the same shit over and over again not knowing any different. It's just a way I relate to watching Cena. I thought he used to be good. We've seen the same routine for far too long now and it just pisses me off.

Just imagine if Austin was pushed as hard as Cena from 1998 until 2005 (which would be 7 years, the same as how long Cena has been pushed like he has). We'd all think hes a ball headed, wife beating twat who can't work a match.

• Paid Members

If you were to watch your favourite film every week then I'm sure you would get tired of it and as a result hate it.

Still the wrong answer.

• Paid Members

If you were to watch your favourite film every week then I'm sure you would get tired of it and as a result hate it.

Still the wrong answer.

It would be your favourite if you couldn't get enough of it. ;)

• Paid Members

Still the wrong answer.

It wouldn't be your favourite if you couldn't get enough of it. ;)

Exactly! Familiarity doesn't always breed contempt.

Except with tuna, apparently.

Archived