Wrestlers who are just shit

WWFChilli

• Moderators
Garvin's ring announcing was a nice bit of fun for 1989.

THE ONLY WRESTLER WITH TWO LEFT FEET! HE DOESN'T KNOW WHETHER HE'S COMING OR GOING!

Top feud. Really underrated, and had a cracking match to blow it off. The only WWF match I ever saw Ron Garvin win, thinking about it.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Shannon Moore is a great shout. I hate his stupid puffy face. The only time he's ever been good was as V1s #1 MF'er.

When I think of Tony Sefton I just think of his bird sat in the front row of an FWA show at Broxbourne looking incredibly bored. The reason I noticed was because I clocked her looking far too attractive to be at a britwres show and thinking she didn't look like she was enjoying herself.. and then I saw her with him and it made sense.

• Paid Members

Kenzo Suzuki comes to my mind first. I've only seen his WWE run which to be fair did have the odd comedy moment but for in ring action the guy was fucking awful to watch. I'd stick my neck out and say he had the worst move set seen on a WWE PPV. See his match with Billy Gunn at GAB 04 or his tag match at No Mercy.

This thread is coming along nicely. By the end, nearly everyone will have featured. I would love to see Ian's reaction to somebody trying to put together a reasoned argument for Hogan. We should probably have an index in the first post at some point.

Shannon Moore is a decent shout, though he may not be completely bereft of talents. Chest correctly identifies that he was bearable when lackeying along with Matt Hardy (someone else who is probably essay material for this thread). Other than that, he is pretty garbage.

• Paid Members
Shannon Moore is a great shout. I hate his stupid puffy face. The only time he's ever been good was as V1s #1 MF'er.

When I think of Tony Sefton I just think of his bird sat in the front row of an FWA show at Broxbourne looking incredibly bored. The reason I noticed was because I clocked her looking far too attractive to be at a britwres show and thinking she didn't look like she was enjoying herself.. and then I saw her with him and it made sense.

Shannon Moore is a running joke in our house, kinda like the, "... and Zoidberg" to every conversation.

I remember Sefton's Mrs. - she got enough notice in IPW:UK that she was eventually involved in his 100-year or so-long feud with Ashley Reed and "Donna". Sefton... could botch... walking. And would follow it with a somersault botched splash into the corner, risking the lives of all involved.

Always hated Kofi Kingston, his gimmick is so childish, as is his in ring work. It could work if he was even mildy over because he does a lot of signature stuff the fans could go wild for, but they simply dont care.

Nonsense. It's one thing to think he's rubbish, but you'd have to either be really thick or not watch wrestling to think fans don't react to him.

• Paid Members
Always hated Kofi Kingston, his gimmick is so childish, as is his in ring work. It could work if he was even mildy over because he does a lot of signature stuff the fans could go wild for, but they simply dont care.

Nonsense. It's one thing to think he's rubbish, but you'd have to either be really thick or not watch wrestling to think fans don't react to him.

They are chanting, "boo, boo, BOO!" He just never gets the message.

RHYNO!!!

Oh dear God was Rhyno shite! I will never get the love. He had one move (which in WWE was only really over due to Paul Heyman's GORE, GORE, GORE cries) but his moveset was so generic and boring it was unreal. I suppose you could argue he was supposed to be intense or something, I don't think so, Benoit was intense, Goldberg was intense. Rhyno was just meh....had one good match with Raven and Gored Jericho through the screen and that was it for his WWE tenure. I haven't seen much of his ECW stuff but I'd assume he was over due to clever booking. What little of him I saw in TNA he got even worse with some shitty tattoo's to boot.

Shannon Moore is a running joke in our house, kinda like the, "... and Zoidberg" to every conversation.

I remember Sefton's Mrs. - she got enough notice in IPW:UK that she was eventually involved in his 100-year or so-long feud with Ashley Reed and "Donna". Sefton... could botch... walking. And would follow it with a somersault botched splash into the corner, risking the lives of all involved.

I'll have none of that about Sefton, he was a GOD DAMN SUPERSTAR BABY! I'll have you know.

In that case, what say you Kriss "Pissed" Linnnell?

No idea who that is, I only know Sefton from the very early days of FSW where he constantly reminded the crowd of being a GOD DAMN SUPERSTAR BABY and pulling off really crappy moonsaults.

• Moderators
RHYNO!!!

Oh dear God was Rhyno shite! I will never get the love. He had one move (which in WWE was only really over due to Paul Heyman's GORE, GORE, GORE cries) but his moveset was so generic and boring it was unreal. I suppose you could argue he was supposed to be intense or something, I don't think so, Benoit was intense, Goldberg was intense. Rhyno was just meh....had one good match with Raven and Gored Jericho through the screen and that was it for his WWE tenure. I haven't seen much of his ECW stuff but I'd assume he was over due to clever booking. What little of him I saw in TNA he got even worse with some shitty tattoo's to boot.

Granted it didn't translate well in WWE, but he did have that intensity in ECW. Though limited, he played the part that was demanded of him well, goring and piledriving all and sundry.

The really shit wrestlers are the ones we never hear about, or only read about buried deep in one of DDD's interminable indy reports.

Of course, but they don't count and barely deserve to even be called 'wrestlers' in the first place. Including the backyard monkeys just makes it too easy, because there's been hundreds and hundreds of them this past decade or so.

I always liked the Hammer, even when he was past his best in that final WWF run that everyone hated. He always seemed to be about due a win on prime time in his (what felt like) neverending series v the Barbarian and Warlord & co, but always came up short. I did get a win at UK rampage to celebrate though. Even though he was an ugly-as-sin, po-faced, smelly looking old duffer who looked about as far removed from a superstar as it gets, for some reason I took to him and enjoyed him on my TV. The only time I didn't like him was in Rhythm & Blues. They were breaking up by the time I started watching, but watching back a few years down the line it became apparent just how uncomfortable he looked in that gimmick. He looked like it was the last thing on earth he'd rather be doing, and it reflected in his work.

The biggest shock to me reading this thread is that someone hates Marc Mero enough to single him out. I loved his work. Esepcially from around 94 through until his injury in 1997. I realise the Johnny B Badd gimmick might have been a bit too flamboyant and overbearing to some, but he was a great wrestler, showman and had tonnes of charisma. There's loads of good stuff out there, from his WCW matches with the likes of Pillman, DDP, Double A, Eddy, Orndorff, Austin and Regal, through to the WWF and great matches vs Austin, Triple H, Goldust, Al and Owen. He was great.

Archived