The cookery thread

Philo_Vance

• Awards Moderator

This is hardly something worthy of a Michelin Star or anything, but I knocked up a make-do meal tonight which turned out to be great. I fancied a Spag. Bol. but forgot to take the mince out of the freezer this morning, so improvised and chopped up some Sweet Chilli Pork Sausages and a couple of slices of smoked bacon, then cooked and it with the usual Bolognese sauce. Threw a bit of Tabasco in there for an extra kick and honestly, it was frigging delicious. Going to be making it again, assuming my arse doesn't explode in the next few hours and make me bleed tears.

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

Does anyone on here own a rice cooker? Any tips on what to get?

Yes. One of the best things I have ever bought. Mines a Brevill that cost £12 in a tesco sale 6 years ago. That are crap for small portions, but if you are cooking for 2, just double it and freeze half. The true test for rice is with basmati. I get fluffy grains about 1.5cm with mine. Rinse the rice first in plants of water until it runs clear, and your off.

• Paid Members

Grand. I've been told by mrs SiMania to spend £50 on something that I want for Christmas. I was looking for something that could do white, brown and risotto with a timer and a stay warm feature as we usually have staggered meal times.