The cookery thread

Philo_Vance

• Paid Members

Is that one of the pressure cookers on the shopping channels? I think Snitsky advertised one. What are they like? The stuff looks browned on the advert but how real is that?

• Paid Members

You would sauté the meat first either in the machine as it has that setting, or frying pan.

Example of this is it makes amazing full of the bone ribs. But, to get the colour and sauce on them you would pressure cook, remove them, put on your sauce using a brush, then grill for a few minutes for sauce to caramelise. Lots of restaurants do this

• Paid Members

So realisticly for a rack of ribs, how long does it take to get them tender? Takes me 6 hours on the smoker, but sometimes it's ok to swap time for some taste.

About 10 for the pressure to build, 30 minutes to cook, about 10 minutes de-pressure and then 10-15 minutes grill time for sauce/colour. And they will taste just as tasty and tender. I used to do pulled pork in a slow cooker with liquid smoke for 5-8 hours. Now, about 1 hour and tastes just as good of not better

• Moderators

So I got the airfryer last week. Made some wings over the weekend. The first lot just crisped to hell with some flour and then smothered in Frank's Buffalo Sauce with butter melted in it. Those were fantastic. Really nice and crispy; proper buffalo wings.

The next batch I did, I tried to do with a wet batter to make them like chicken shop wings. This was bit messier and I had to get a little creative with how I did it. But it still worked out really well. Unbelievable that you can get this effect with no oil.

IMG_20151205_142959.jpg

For the wings alone the machine is worth it for me, but I'm looking forward to some other experiments to see what I can do with it. I'd like to make some hash browns from scratch, see how that turns out.

• Paid Members

Sexy Plexy, I know it's a Facebook competition but you might as well enter - the Sage stuff is Rolls Royce.

https://www.facebook.com/SageAppliances/photos/a.334871593288664.71389.309841135791710/814900921952393/

Entered! Cheers for that!