The cookery thread

Philo_Vance

• Paid Members

It's all about the positioning of the bread as well. If you took those hot dogs, snapped the bun in half and placed them on their side they'd be a sandwich.

2 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

So if you sliced two rings off the baguette and made a little round sandwich that would be ok?

You say "ok" like I have a problem with what we're being offered. I believe I said it looks amazing. It's just not a sandwich. And yes, if you make it out of two sliced rings it would become a sandwich. It's not rocket science.

Right, my blood pressure can't take this so I've had to look on theĀ List of Sandwiches wikiĀ and after coming to terms with the fact there's a fucking list of sandwiches wiki, it says this:

Major types of sandwiches include: Two slices of bread with other ingredients between. Two halves of a baguette or roll with other ingredients between.

Ā 

8 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

Right, my blood pressure can't take this so I've had to look on theĀ List of Sandwiches wikiĀ and after coming to terms with the fact there's a fucking list of sandwiches wiki, it says this:

Major types of sandwiches include: Two slices of bread with other ingredients between. Two halves of a baguette or roll with other ingredients between.

Ā 

Well yes, but the Americans consider McDonalds and Subway to be sandwiches. I'm talking about us and what we eat.

28 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

So if you sliced two rings off the baguette and made a little round sandwich that would be ok?

I think that sounds grand!

32 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Well yes, but the Americans consider McDonalds and Subway to be sandwiches. I'm talking about us and what we eat.

Trouble is, if you mean ā€œUsā€ as in Germany, all bets are off because Jerry is a wrongun.Ā