The 50 "Best" & "Worst" Films Ever Made

Green

• Awards Moderator
My favourite line is, "No they didn't give me a chaser!"

Hitchcock's films are well underrated for their comedy moments.

To be fair, there are dozens of great one-liners, most of which went unnoticed first time around. The interaction with Mason at the country house at the start of the film spits out a few crackers, as does the courtroom scene just after. As for the exchanges with Eva-Marie Saint... :love: It's just like me and the hairdresser. IN MY MIND.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

There are a damn lot of ties at the moment, which is going to make things a bit tricky. Would a poll between some of the films with the same score be acceptable or would that just ruin the surprise?

I'll keep voting open until the end of today by the way...and MAY give some people the benefit of the doubt if they get theirs in JUST before then.

• Paid Members

I've had to send a PM as my phone is refusing to play ball with hotmail hopefully Im in time but I know its pushing. Looking forward to reading the results.

• Paid Members

I'll be closing the voting now. Have to count them up and figure out a way to deal with the tiebreaks.

By the way if anyone would be interested in contributing to some of the write ups for some of their votes, that'd be really helpful. The vast majority of votes were sent in with no comments whatsoever.

• Moderators
By the way if anyone would be interested in contributing to some of the write ups for some of their votes, that'd be really helpful. The vast majority of votes were sent in with no comments whatsoever.

If my amazing one line reviews weren't enough for you, I'm sorry. There ends the extent of my critical prowess.

• Paid Members
Can't you just have equal placings? I mean it's not like they are going to win a prize or anything.

That's fine for the most part. There are a damn lot of ties in the worst category though.

Can't you just have equal placings? I mean it's not like they are going to win a prize or anything.

That's fine for the most part. There are a damn lot of ties in the worst category though.

Organisers decision is final, then!

• Paid Members

Ok I have some work I need to do this weekend so I'm not going to be able to get around to this until Tuesday (at the latest). So what I'll do is reopen voting until Monday, as that may help out with the tiebreaks also.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Archived