The 50 "Best" & "Worst" Films Ever Made

Green

• Paid Members
It has to be favourite as opposed to best, otherwise Muppet's Christmas Carol might not make it in, through some kind of anti-puppetry snobbery.

And it'd fucking better make it in.

Well if you get Muppets I better be allowed to have Labyrinth in the top 10. Fucking Puppet snobs

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Speed 2's going to make it into the "Worst" list, even though it should be in the "Best" list. This saddens me.

:confused:

:confused:

:confused::confused:

As a Speed sequel, it's nonsensical. It's on a boat which while the speedometer says it's fast, doesn't have any sensation of Speed whatsoever.

As an action film, once you get past the opening bit (and that's just to set up the plot), is amazing. IT HAS A BOAT CRASH INTO A FUCKING TOWN, FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

• Paid Members
As a Speed sequel, it's nonsensical. It's on a boat which while the speedometer says it's fast, doesn't have any sensation of Speed whatsoever.

As an action film, once you get past the opening bit (and that's just to set up the plot), is amazing. IT HAS A BOAT CRASH INTO A FUCKING TOWN, FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Each to their own. I thought it was total dung. Jason Patric is unbelievably shit in it.

• Paid Members

There are far far better films than that for the top 5. Empire Strikes Back, The Godfather, Shawshank Redemption etc. However it will be interesting to see what comes out. If Schwarzeneggers Commando is not in the top 10 however there is no justice in the world.

There are far far better films than that for the top 5. Empire Strikes Back, The Godfather, Shawshank Redemption etc. However it will be interesting to see what comes out. If Schwarzeneggers Commando is not in the top 10 however there is no justice in the world.

That's my point, you bell.

Hope I'm not the only person who votes for this...

50b59bfdcd5ee438e7adb8d1e155f77360043(600x).jpg

Ridiculously enjoyable film, and for me the best depiction of young friendship I've ever seen on film. In fact, it's refreshing to see a focus on friendship rather than romance. Really funny film as well, especially if you're into the characters. My favourite Gael Garcia Bernal film, which is saying something, I was looking at his filmography the other day and it's just great film after great film. My #1.

Central Station and Jeux D'Enfants are the other two foreign films that will make my list, the first because I've never been so emotional at the end of a movie, and that level of upset shows it's doing its job. The latter because it's beautifully shot (especially the scene in the rain) and I love the concept. It even sounds romantic, the French language is definitely the nicest on the ear.

I was close to voting for Melissa B, because it's stylish and erotic and I love the sound track, but I couldn't justify it as it's really not all that great as a film. The plot sucks.

Archived