The 50 "Best" & "Worst" Films Ever Made

Green

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
great to see the Kurt Russell love in, as well as Tombstone his other favourite of mine is A Perfect World.

A perfect world is a kevin costner film directed by clint eastwood.

I have no idea where my head got to there as I know it is.

I blame flicking through the last pages mention of both Kevin Costner and Kurt Russell and Costner's Wyatt Earp, which just pales in comparison to Tombstone.

Anyway A Perfect World is still a great film that I never hear mentioned.

Open Range is brilliant. You might be worth saving after all.

I want to see more Kevin Costner love in the world.

i love kevin costner (well with the exception of waterworld but thats not his fault likewise with field of dreams i find that too hokey these days but those 2 aside i dont think hes ever made a bad film.) I actually think im the only person in the world who enjoys ''the postman'' its a brilliant little story and people seem to slate it, but as you say open range is brilliant, robert duvall as well is a incredible actor.

I think I am one of the few who really enjoyed Waterworld, The Postman wasn't as bad as the reviews said but only just.

Not sure if this is really relevant (actually I know it's not) but I read John Ratzenberger (Cliff from Cheers) has become the second of the biggest box office attractions in the world simply by voicing Pixar films. It might not be true but that's what I read.

Yeah but he's not a box office attraction in reality, is he? No-one ever went to see a film because John Ratzenberger was in it.

The winner is actually Frank Welker ( Megatron, Fred in Scooby Doo, and a load of other voices etc), John Razenberger is 4th

The Numbers All Time Top 100 Stars at the Box Office

I like Waterworld!

I'm so glad you said that. I really like Waterworld too, I watch it whenever it's on. If you put aside the fact that it blew its budget and was a "flop", it's actually a really enjoyable film. Hopper's spitting mad villain is particularly entertaining. It's one of those films where I wish I could see more of the world/universe in which it's set.

The older I get, the more I like Costner. No Way Out is great, JFK is crazy but cool, Tin Cup is a blast, Robin Hood obviously is a great Sunday afternoon film.

• Paid Members
I like Waterworld!

I'm so glad you said that. I really like Waterworld too, I watch it whenever it's on. If you put aside the fact that it blew its budget and was a "flop", it's actually a really enjoyable film. Hopper's spitting mad villain is particularly entertaining. It's one of those films where I wish I could see more of the world/universe in which it's set.

The older I get, the more I like Costner. No Way Out is great, JFK is crazy but cool, Tin Cup is a blast, Robin Hood obviously is a great Sunday afternoon film.

Field of Dreams, The Untouchables, Silverado are all pretty good as well. Add The Guardian to the Sunday afternoon fare too.

• Paid Members
Robert Duvall is one of those actors that most people don't realise just how many great films he has been in. You won't see him in many clunkers.

Couldn't agree more. Although what he was thinking with "A Shot At Glory" we'll never know.

• Moderators
I like Waterworld!

Hell yeah.. Why should I care about the cost and it's commercial success? And Hopper is a great cartoon villain. He was even good in Super Mario Bros, which sucked. But that was a conceptual nightmare.. I have no idea what they thought they were doing with that.

• Paid Members

Reading through these e-mails, some of you are under the belief that I can instantly tell what version of the film you're referring to. Please from now on put some kind of indicator. One of the e-mails says "The Fast and Furious" which could be any of those fucking films.

One film is winning by a large margin at the moment.

• Paid Members

It's amusing looking at that list and the averages - there's kids who have only been in the Harry Potter movies that have effectively grossed almost $300M per film in the box office. Might as well quite whilst you're a head, really...

Also, quoted for appreciation:

The Guardian is called The Observer on a Sunday.

:laugh:

Chalet Girl & Skyline - both truly appalling and waste of my life films. Dont know why I added them to my LoveFilm rental list.

I like the first two Resident Evil films - the ones after that were all kind of sucky. I also loved Red - so cool seeing that group of actors together.

My favourite of all time films are the Margaret Rutherford Miss Marple films. The horse and trap she and Mr Stringer use in the films was actually hers - its how she got to work every day whilst filming; Mr Stringer was also her husband in real life (and a toy boy - cheeky mare).

Archived