The 50 "Best" & "Worst" Films Ever Made

Green

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lad's got himself a new, proper job. If one of you disabled/unemployed geeks wants to finish the job, fair play, but don't have a go at someone who's found something more important to do right now!

• Paid Members

I don't think I'd have the time to completely collate the results from start to finish. I know Green worked on it a fair amount and I was really relying on him sending me what he'd done with it so far.

• Paid Members

If I do take this over then it would need everyone emailing their selections again, this time to me. Could people be arsed doing that?I wouldn't be starting the countdown until early in the New Year because I have too much work on. Also, I'd reduce the worst films list to 10 because 50 is way too many.If this all good for people then I'll take it over. If not, we might as well all just post our lists here?

• Paid Members

Bollocks, me too. I'll try emailing him at that address and see if I hear anything. If not, then let's just sod the whole thing because I can't be arsed doing my own write-ups all over again.

I'll post my list, and yes, Demolition Man, made my top ten!

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Top Films of All Time

1. The Wizard of Speed and Time- Seminal Stop Motion/Special effects film about the small guy in Hollywood, trying to get his films on to TV and hit the big time. It has a Woody Allen (Lookalike) Cameo and Tubbs out of Miami Vice in it. A great Soundtrack and some amazing effects. Top Banana

2. Transformers The Movie (Animated)- Pure Nostaligia hit, this film has been apart of my life for so long it would hard to remember a time without it. Action sequences, death of Optimus Prime, effectively Megatron and Orson Welles last film. Cracking story. Awesome Soundtrack. What is not to like?

3. The Big Lebowski- The Dude Abides, Shut the Fuck up Donny

4. Robocop- Frankly awesome action movie, with some biting satire of 1980's culture. Seminal Classic and rightly so

5. Kelly's Heroes- Heist movie, in World War 2? Cracking cast including Clint Eastwood and Telly Savalas, awesome Lalo Schifrin soundtrack, great story and just an amazing all round film

6. Blazing Saddles- Mel Brook's finest hour, endlessly quotable, very funny and breaks the 4th wall at the end. Immense

7. Star Wars Empire Strikes Back- The 'Dark' One, best of the original triliogy, from the Battle on Hoth which is epic in scope to the showdown on Bespin, a quality film all round.

8. Starship Troopers- Never have (m)any of the actors in this been better. Disaster/War movie, lots of satire and a piss take on the entire cast, plus it has Dina Meyer in it, so it's win on that score as well.

9. Thunderbolt and Lightfoot- Clint and Jeff Bridges again, and another Heist Movie. Massively underated. Jeff Bridges, is utterly amazing in it. A non happy ending as well. Superb.

10. Demolition Man- Sandra Bullock, Sly Stallone, and Wesley Snipes. Great action film, set in the near future, yet unnerringly predictive of what is to come. Still could be worse could be a Rat Burger?

Worst 10 Films of All Time

1. Batman and Robin- Just Why? Fucking awful film, no redeeming features whatsoever.

2. Plan 9 from Outer Space- Ed Wood's Opus. Utterly awful film, but likeable because it is so awful

3. The Rocky Horror Picture Show- Overated Bag of Wank. I dont care about the Time Warp nor that Meat Loaf is in it. Fucking balls of the highest order.

4. The Bourne Ultimatum- Awful, complete let down of a film. Bourne? Utter shite more like

5. The Talented Mr Ripley- Overly long, pretentious bag of wank. No, wait its arty! No, its a fucking chore to watch this dross, awful.

6. Batman Begins- Shakey Cam, headache inducing puke of the worst kind.

7. Showgirls- Why?

8. Catwomen- Coming off her performance as Jinx, in Die Another Day, this film gets everything wrong from plot to acting to special effects to everything

9. James Bond: Die Another Day- Bond, done wrong. Its no wonder the franchise with Brosnan ( and has had been since the 1960's) died after this point. Utterly cringe inducing, film with no redeemable features at all.

10. Grease II- I think Id rather rake my own eyes out with an acid tipped screwdriver than watch this abortion of a film again

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

I currently have practically nothing to do at work and that likely won't change until the new year... I'm tempted to take this on just to kill time but I bet there'd be a lot of films I haven't seen so would likely have to base a lot of the write-ups on those who submitted them.

Archived