Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Is it Epic Encounter with the KUSHIDA/ZSJ match that Kenny O's gonna be at? I know the Bucks are announced for that one but not heard anything about Kenny. I'll scream if he's announced as I'll be at that show and it'll only be my second live show (after Ibushi in Colchester in March)

I suppose most people's first live shows wouldve been something like Fake Taker v Not Jeff Hardy. We're so spoiled in 2017.

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Is it Epic Encounter with the KUSHIDA/ZSJ match that Kenny O's gonna be at? I know the Bucks are announced for that one but not heard anything about Kenny. I'll scream if he's announced as I'll be at that show and it'll only be my second live show (after Ibushi in Colchester in March)

Go ahead and scream - Kenny's already been announced for that show.

Was this pre Billy & Chuck?

It's mad seeing how far society has progressed IRT the gays in just over a decade, just from watching wrasslin

Case in point, the first fucking match on the first ROH show, the pure wrestling company.

The Christopher Street Connection, a flamboyantly gay tag team who would kiss and act predatory around men for heat Vs. Da Hit Squad, stiff loudmouth inbred fucks from Brooklyn

Feat. the Steve Corino call "HE JUST SUPLEXED HIM ON HIS GAY HEAD"

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Is it Epic Encounter with the KUSHIDA/ZSJ match that Kenny O's gonna be at? I know the Bucks are announced for that one but not heard anything about Kenny. I'll scream if he's announced as I'll be at that show and it'll only be my second live show (after Ibushi in Colchester in March

The show sold out as soon as they announced Omega

Was this pre Billy & Chuck?

It's mad seeing how far society has progressed IRT the gays in just over a decade, just from watching wrasslin

Case in point, the first fucking match on the first ROH show, the pure wrestling company.

The Christopher Street Connection, a flamboyantly gay tag team who would kiss and act predatory around men for heat Vs. Da Hit Squad, stiff loudmouth inbred fucks from Brooklyn

Feat. the Steve Corino call "HE JUST SUPLEXED HIM ON HIS GAY HEAD"

. . . stalker.

It's mad. Didn't they propose Brock Lesnar playing some sort of huge Alpha gay character at some point? It was actually going to be quite a progressive character but slowly through the creative process it morphed into Billy and Chuck.

You could never have a true face, inoffensive gay wrestler in WWE as a lot of their fan base are not exactly 'progressive'.

Is it Epic Encounter with the KUSHIDA/ZSJ match that Kenny O's gonna be at? I know the Bucks are announced for that one but not heard anything about Kenny. I'll scream if he's announced as I'll be at that show and it'll only be my second live show (after Ibushi in Colchester in March

The show sold out as soon as possible as they announced Omega
KUSHIDA and Good Takahashi sold it to me, now I feel like I should buy another ticket

--

That gay Lesnar angle rumour can't have got far at all. He fucking hates them. Well he did at that time period anyway but something tells me he's still not keen

• Paid Members

The thing with Kanyon is, he was actually really fucking good who would have been a huge asset to TNA back in 2005/06. He was pretty much WCW's unofficial head scout, hiring all those guys who would eventually end up in the WWF when the company went under. His eye for talent was spot on. Brian Cage and the Young Bucks were also two acts he championed long before anyone ever heard of them as well. The fact they didnt bring him in in some role was shocking really. He sort of got black balled for going on Stern and trying to get himself a bit of publicity. As if no wrestler had ever done that before.

I almost shed a tear reading Kanyon's book. Poor bloke was bi polar and lived in rough surroundings where saying you were gay just simply wasnt a thought. He really had a bad time over the years trying to hide who he really was, and then when he did reveal who he really was the business turned its back on him.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Awards Moderator

The Kanyon thing was post-Billy and Chuck, but pre-"flamboyant" Rico (when "flamboyant" meant "look at him, what a right gay he is, watch your bums lads, he'll turn you") if I've got things in order.

Darren Young may be a nobody but his treatment's still a massive improvement compared to poor Kanyon or even Patterson who's just had jokes made about him for 30 years.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

That gay Lesnar angle rumour can't have got far at all. He fucking hates them. Well he did at that time period anyway but something tells me he's still not keen

Oh yeah - didn't Brock say something really homophobic in an interview once? What was that?

Oh yeah - didn't Brock say something really homophobic in an interview once? What was that?
Some girl said to him "my friend Shawn thinks you're cute" and Lesnar went off on one going to a nearby journalist "I don't fucking like gays, write that down" or something along those lines

IRT Rico, he obviously wasn't progressive in any way as a gimmick, but he got pretty big pops when he was teaming with Charlie Haas, which could be seen as a very vague break through for the time period

They're up against British Strong Style at Fight Club Pro at some point, aren't they? That could be some match.

The card also has Fenix and Pentagon Jr. I've got about ten tickets so I'm dragging a load of my mates along, hopefully that card should be enough to convert them to wrestling fans