Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

I pick and choose the episodes of Jericho's podcast that I listen to based on the guest, but the ones I do pick tend to be very good. Definitely take a look at the ones with Disco Inferno, X-Pac, Jim Neidhart, Cyrus and even the Norman Smiley one is pretty good though I'm only half way through it.

Edited by WeeAl

• Awards Moderator

Jericho really is one of the good guys. Bollocks to all the backstage scraps and moments of grandiose; he comes across like a sound bloke behind all the pomp and very grateful for where he is in life. Putting money in to help people who are fucked is a great touch, irrespective of whether he's good mates with them, worked with them a few times or just wants to look after people in the business. Got lots of time for him.

According to the guys over at /SquaredCircle, Lucha Underground might be close to making a deal with Netflix. I hope so, there'd always be the chance that with it being the only wrestling on there, it would be a hit and convince a bigger station to air future series.

"Melissa Santos was just live streaming on Instagram a few minutes ago and commented that Lucha Underground is very close to making a deal with Netflix and it should be finalized "soon". Just thought people would like to know."

At the end of the day he's a millionaire so he can afford to do it. He's not a regular person like any of you or even me. $5000 is a drop in the ocean to him but good on him, if I had his money I'd be using it to help others too.

This post feels about twenty sentences too short. U OK HUN?

• Paid Members

Saturn looks rough as buggery in that pic.

He seemed quite grounded and fairly well in his youshoot a few years back, it's a shame things have gone tits up for him again.

Yeah especially when describes head-fucking a prostitute with a dildo wrapped around his dome

What I meant, as I'm sure you know, is that after years of drugs, hookers and being shot in the face by a rapist he seemed to have sorted him self and and be adjusting to a normal life.

At that point, from what I recall, he was off the streets, off drugs and happy with a life out side wrestling. Despite it being a bit of a shitty life outside wrestling he was happy to just not be on the low points he had been any more.

But then, as I said, you knew that and were just trying to be funny.

It's true. I wont have that kind of money in my lifetime and neither will any of you. Personally I think Perry Saturn is shite, he was shite in WCW, shite in WWF much like Malenko and Benoit and Guerrero. Never liked them in wrestling but when it comes to the drugs and drink it's their own fault. No magic pill can cure that. He's most likely a chancer like most wrestlers are, trying to scrape every penny they can get. What he forgets is the wrestling audience now is kids. It's a kids show. The kids don't know who he is so the only people he's getting money from are the older fans that haven't grew out of the wrestling. He doesn't need $100k. $5k at the most would get him somewhere to live and pay his rent for at least a few months and give him food. What he needs to do is want to fix himself and go get a real job, just like all of you on here, all of you either work real jobs or your'e on the dole and you're aiming for a working life. That's what he needs to do. The fake fighting is over. No more fakey fighty to make penny pennies in the pocket. It's over with. Time to go into the real world and work. 8 hours a day for a fixed wage.

All the bubbling and running to the camera to turn it off yes Perry, you're living in a house and you can afford a camera and you already had thousands donated before Jericho came along. That's enough money to rent a flat and feed yourself. But you know what, i'm not even gonna get angry with him because it doesn't look like he's gonna fix himself anytime soon so I'll leave it to life to fix that. Let the Universe handle him. Throwing money at him wont fix him.

And yes if i had millions I would help people. People that need it, people that would actually use the money to feed themselves and keep a roof over their heads. There are people in this country living on dole money that can quite happily manage to pay their electricity and heating bills and keep food in the fridge, there's no reason why Perry Saturn can't. Where I am in Scotland there are many soup kitchens that feed the homeless and I'm happy to say are well attended. Regular people, like myself donating time and food to feed the homeless. That's what matters. That's what anyone who give money to him should be doing, give your money to peolpe that you know you are going to help, that you know that money is going to make a difference in their life.