Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

I went to a screening for Rocky Horror there once, obviously dressed up in character as is the rule for Rocky Horror.

Anyway my point is that everyone should dress up as Dennis Stamp for this showing.

I was looking at this, but I've not booked.

Ahh I was just about to say this ya jammy git

• Paid Members

Anyone in London next Wednesday (18th) then the Prince Charles Cinema in Leicester Square is showing 'Beyond The Mat'

https://princecharlescinema.com/PrinceCharlesCinema.dll/WhatsOn?f=619187

Funnily enough I remember "going up the West End" to see Beyond the Mat in 2000 when it was being shown in a handful of cinemas nationwide. It was at the Haymarket just down the road from the PC

Yeah, it was something special. I probably watch more ECW stuff these days than anything else. It just seems to capture that era perfectly. I never really followed it at the time and haven't watched all that much of it so enjoy seeing the DVDs and shows now.

It wasn't perfect but then no company is. The angles, characters and crowd (three most important things as a fan) were brilliant. Within its short time, so much happened there and they created so many defined characters.

I find the whole story of ECW as this rebellious company headed by Paul E going up against the evil giants fascinating. It's such a romantic tale.

If I had a golden ticket where I could go back and be there in the arena for any moment in wrestling, I reckon I'd go for something in ECW (Taz return probably).

Edit: Didn't realise Ladiesman was taking the piss in reponse to the post above his.

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Paid Members

I'm surprised Vince hasn't offered to pay for rehab, or that DDP hasn't reached out yet. There's still time, though.

• Paid Members

Jericho has donated $5000

15977904_1320502881321536_28294301722355

What a guy. I'd be surprised if he doesn't think about setting up some kind of charity for this kind of thing in the future.