Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Austin's deal is he doesn't want to come back and be a lesser version of what he was. He's said numerous times over the last couple of years that he can't just magic back his wrestling superpowers and will need a few months to get back into it. They apparently made a huge push to get him back a year or two ago, but he wasn't having it. He's said he could half arse something, if he wanted but he truly doesn't have to.

Austin also says all the time that, while he's still a fan, it took him years of heavy drinking to get the business out of his system and become a civilian.

• Paid Members

Austin hasn't wrestled since 2003. 12 years ago. I imagine all his niggling aches and pains have all calmed down a bit now and he is able to work the odd match. Has to be something that tickles his fancy though.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

According to Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline, people on the tour said that Bryan suffered a concussion during his match with Sheamus on Smackdown a couple of weeks back. WWE was seemingly aware that Bryan was banged up after that match, as he had not worked any other singles matches since that show.

Meltzer mentioned that Bryan would not have been given the green light to compete if he had been diagnosed with a concussion, which would indicate that while they may have known he was hurt, they didn't figure out that it was a concussion until after this week's SmackDown tapings.

• Paid Members

It's sad but it looks like the end is nigh for Bryan. He's had a long career of fast paced hard hitting high impact matches. That takes it's toll on every wrestler, let alone one as small as Bryan. He's barely got any muscle to protect his neck and back, I'm not suprised he's in a right state. And he was one of the big names during the mid-2000 indy wrestling "every match needs hundreds of head drops" era. Can you imagine if the Brock Lesnar match did happen? It would have been a a genuine miracle if he didn't end up in a wheelchair afterwards. I think whoever said it above was right, an HBK style break is probably what was needed. 5 years or so off to heal and then a comeback. He's young enough to do it too.

He is 34 now , how old was HBK when he took his 5 years off ?

Didn't Austin have a huge anxiety attack before his last match and The Rock kinda had to carry him through it? And now Austin hasn't wrestled in donkeys, forget whether he's up for it physically, it'd be a lot of pressure to put himself under, especially when he is worried about working at his best.

Daniel Bryan was apparently pulled from the European tour due to a concussion which was diagnosed after Smackdown this week but was from an incident a week earlier. Obviously not great news but at least him being pulled isn't related to a more debilitating physical injury.

Edited by Sexy Dad

• Paid Members

Daniel Bryan was apparently pulled from the European tour due to a concussion which was diagnosed after Smackdown this week but was from an incident a week earlier. Obviously not great news but at least him being pulled isn't related to a more debilitating physical injury.

Five posts up, mate.

Ah, my mistake not spotting the post. I didn't say 'only a concussion', it is of course better news if WWE are looking after competitors and taking these precautions e.g sending Bryan home than if him he was further fucked physically as far as I'm concerned.