Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

If AJ doesn't do the manoeuvre there's no risk of other guys getting injured from it. Simples.

Ban every wrestling manoeuvre and there’s no risk of injury at all then. Simples.

You make so little sense, I wonder if you're being deliberately obtuse for the sake of it. It's a wonder why you do it, cause your catty comments usually come back to smack you in the face.

Unlike 'every wrestling manoeuvre' the Styles Clash has been going wrong and hurting people. End of. It's not a stupid suggestion that the move be retired, despite what rubbish you post.

I thought it was quite simply to be honest.

Ant suggested not using the Style Clash because it carries risk of injury. By that logic, every wrestling move shouldn’t be used.

Looks like New Japan is coming to US TV in 2015.

AXS TV (the former HDNet that used to air ROH) have released a teaser video for 2015 and in it they show NJPW footage and say that a New Japan series is coming. Nothing else is confirmed at this point, but the rumor is they'll be doing 13 episodes with older footage (starting with the 2013 Tokyo Dome show) and the commentary will be by Mauro Ranallo and Josh Barnett.

Edited by pgi86

Jericho used to put in the full nelson too, when he briefly toyed with using it as a finish, calling it "The Breakdown".

Why have so many WWE guys tried it as a finish over the years? It's fucking shit. The original Dirty Deeds - which was essentially The Stroke with a headlock added - was the worst version yet.

Miz's version is probably the best ever and even that looks garbage.

• Paid Members

I think it's a pretty decent finish. Not spectacular or pretty, but looks like it fuggin' hurts. Miz' version is definitely the best so far, I'd say.

Oddly, I love Jarrett's non-nelson version, purely because it looks so crappy and avoidable and yet is established as a main event finish. Something amusingly perverse about it.

Looks like New Japan is coming to US TV in 2015.

AXS TV (the former HDNet that used to air ROH) have released a teaser video for 2015 and in it they show NJPW footage and say that a New Japan series is coming. Nothing else is confirmed at this point, but the rumor is they'll be doing 13 episodes with older footage (starting with the 2013 Tokyo Dome show) and the commentary will be by Mauro Ranallo and Josh Barnett.

I'd like to think this is New Japan testing out their product on US soil. I mentioned it in the Lucha thread that it'd be interesting to see how a Japanese take on the Lucha Underground show would work. If it's simply old New Japan footage with American commentary then it might feel a bit 'Eurosporty'.

• Paid Members

Did you not see TNA with the British Eurosport commentary? It was painful viewing. 

Ah, but Eurosport's TNA is a different matter. A bloke trying to play off TNA bouts as legitimate athletic contests is one thing, but Gordon Solie was brilliant I thought.